I would say I am a fairly easy person to satisfy, but after staying here I feel I was ripped off. The following is a list of problems and areas that this W hotel has issues with. I am from Miami and go to the South Beach W hotel frequently as well as many other W Hotels around the world. This W Hotel is nothing like any other W Hotel. I would have been better off staying at a Holiday Inn in all honesty
1. No Computer access available- there business center was shut down all week for unclear reasons. I do not travel with a laptop so I was wanting to use a computer like most hotels offer.
2. They don't accept US currency at the bars/restaurant etc. This is the only place in Montreal that I have ever come across( and I visit Montreal frequently) that does not take US currencey. It is a major inconvenience for guests.
3. The A/C in the room made a ratting noise non-stop- which made it rather difficult to sleep.
4. The bathroom sink was completely clogged so it would fill up and almost overflow if I didn't shut it off.
5. The Wunderbar which is so publicized, was completely empty on a Friday night- actually at midnight I think there were three other people there. On Saturday night there were a few more people but nothing like other W hotels( I would not stay there for the nightlife aspect- as there are much better bars in town). The staff there was also not the most friendly. and spent the entire time talking to each other( one bartender kept complaining to all the other staff about a guy who was unhappy about a drink she made) They have a very poor beer selection - the St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout was the only good beer on the menu.. The entire hotel seemed rather empty as well- last weekend in May I thought it would a bit busier.
6. As some others have said the room ( and the rest of the hotel) was extremely dark. Dark to the point of barely being able to see my clothes. The shower as many have also mentioned is poorly designed if you are staying with friends.
7. They charge 2 dollars to make a 1800 phone call each time. Don't make 1800 calls from the room.
For the price I paid I would expect much better service than the above. The location is good but besides that I cannot think of one reason to stay here again, especially for the rates they charge for their rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's historic Banque du Canada building transformed into a rich, modern tapestry, W Montreal is close to Old Montreal, the Montreal Museum of fine Arts and the city's downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your W Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Montreal Hotel Montreal
- w Hotels Montreal
- w Hotel Montreal