“Lots of laughs” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 167 Activities in Montreal
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: PLEASE NOTE: Our show is moving to SUNDAY nights at 8pm! Same location! Our LAST Thursday show is Thursday, August 28th, 2014. Our FIRST Sunday show is August 31, 2014! Looking forward to seeing you there! Comedy Hostel presents Stand-Up at the 'M'! Every week, top Montreal comics perform at M Bar - the world's sexiest hostel bar, downstairs from M Montreal Hostel. The crowd is international, the comics are hilarious, and the beer is cheap (swish!). Top Montreal pros and fast-rising-amateurs take to the stage. Our comics have performed at Just For Laughs, Edinburgh Fringe, Melbourne International, Halifax Comedy Festival, Winnipeg Comedy Festival, & been on network television in Canada, USA, and Australia. The show is "pay-what-you-can", which means you come in, sit down, enjoy the show. A hat will come around towards the end. If you've had some fun, we would appreciate a donation of $8-10. We won't say no if you toss your wallet in! Did we mention the beer is cheap? We just did! Showtime is 8:15pm, every Sunday night! We have a happy hour that starts at 7:15 with even cheaper prices! We're near Metro Berri UQAM. Enter via the back entrance.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
21 attraction reviews
“Lots of laughs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have never been to a comedy club, so I don't have a lot to compare this to, but I had a lot of laughs. This place is in the basement bar of the youth hostel, and wasn't too busy when we got their. We bought ourselves a drink, and sat at a table. Each act had about 10 minutes, and there were about six comics. Half way through they passed a hat, and though there isn't any obligatory admission, you are expected to put in about $5-10 per person. It's a small enough room that it would be noticeable if you didn't. The crowd was very diverse in countries of origin, so there were a lot of jokes about nationalities. Overall it was a fun night, in a laid back place. I would definitely go again.

Visited February 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Tons of fun on a Thursday Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I went to see the comedy show hosted by Jon Selig & Vlad Levitt in the M Hostel on January 30 2014, man what a great time. Most of the audience are from far away countries all around the World, and yet we could all share in the jokes and have a great time. FOR FREE! How many free comedy shows will I ever attend in my life? Two. I'll be back to watch these guys perform again. After the show, Jon came over and shook my hand and we talked about the show for a bit, sincerely wanting my opinion of the performances. Don't take my praise for it though; go see the show.

Visited January 2014
Hamilton, Ontario
“Great Place to spend Thursday Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had a great evening. Good beer, relaxed atmosphere, funny comedians. The thursday show was about 2 hours and I saw 5 or 6 comedians. You don't have to pay, but a 10$ donation is encouraged, especially if you enjoyed yourself. I would go again.

Visited January 2014
“Must SEE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Amazing place!!!! must see!!!
nice decoration, perfect staff, very nice to hang out, have fun, drink affordable and to LAUGH!!!

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“A MUST SEE!! You need to attend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I've been living in Montreal since October, and what started out as a "thing to do on a thursday night' turned into a "must go see the comedy show every week" kinda deal.
Jon Selig puts on an amazing show, with tons of different comedians from all over. Each night is unique with every different comedian who walks up on stage.
I would recommend this show to anyone visiting or living in the city.
Its free, its fun, its in ENGLISH! and you are guaranteed to have a great time.
The hosts and comedians are awesome people. You will always have a chance to talk with them, or share a drink after the show. Everyone usually sticks around and has a good time.
Beer on tap is always in special $5 a pint or a pitcher for a very reasonable price.

Though its not mandatory you should bring a bit of pocket money to tip the group at the end. I mean they are such great entertainers and really where else could you find a free comedy night with such an amazing atmosphere!!

Its also a plus if you're travelling because its conveniently located in the basement of M HOSTEL, a very clean and well established hostel which I'd also recommend you stay at, if travelling through the area!

Cheers