“Tasty and Refreshing!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ice Cream
Montreal, Canada
“Tasty and Refreshing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Location: Mile End - street parking or public transit. Your best bet is probably to take a bus unless you don't mind a bit of a walk. If that's the case, you can hop off at Laurier and walk over in about 10 minutes.

The place: Small walk-in type of place. There's no seating available inside, but they've got a great little (colorful) set-up outside that you can take advantage of. The shop itself is also very colorful, and has this cool water wall - it's hard to describe so.... you'll just HAVE to get some ice cream or sorbet and see it for yourself.

The goods: Fresh soft-serve ice cream and sorbets that boast no preservatives or artificial nonsense. How can you go wrong? Apparently, you can also buy home-made pastries, like brownies and almond tiles, but I didn't see these. I think I was too focused on the sorbet - it was after all, about 31 degrees outside and I'd been walking most of the day. On this trip, I went for two flavors: Hibiscus and lime-mint. What can I say that hasn't been said already? Their sorbets are AMAZING. I loved the Hibiscus, and the lime-mint was super refreshing - it actually tasted more like basil to me but that's not a complaint. Their flavors change frequently, which basically means we must visit frequently.

Service: Great - the fellow behind the cash was super friendly and personable!

Price point: The green cup was just under $5 and is the equivalent of about two scoops.

Great neighborhood gem.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Johannesburg south afr
“Best ice cream ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this place!! It's the best experience you will have. I had the mango and strawberry ice cream, it tastes just like the fruit, I'm from South Africa and I didn't ever think I would ever taste anything like the mangos we have, the mango ice cream tastes just like a big juicy mango, the strawberry tastes like freshly picked strawberries. Amazing!! You have to visit this place. I am in love!! I don't know how you can't rate this place 5 stars!!

Visited July 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Kem CoBa - Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Kem CoBa is all about using the best ingredients to produce an ice cream of the highest quality. Every flavour I have tried was sensational be it ice cream or fruity sorbet. The very kind owners are only too happy to offer you a sample taste but caution, try to many & you will not have an easy choice to make! Definitely one of the top 3 ice cream shops in MTL (other 2 being Havres aux Glaces & Les Givres - judge for yourselves).

My POA is to 1st head to Fairmont bagel (next door) or Wilensky's (hop skip & jump away) for their famous "SPECIAL", then head to Kem CoBa for dessert. Kem CoBa has never disappointed me; they only continue to impress!

• Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing icecream/gelato, wonderfully friendly owner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We made our way to Kem Coba after reading about it on a Montreal blog. The salted-caramel ice cream is one of the best flavors I have ever had. The chocolate was also amazing. I tasted a light lemon mint type of ice cream, that was delicious, wish I could have gone back to have it in a cone but opted for one scoop of salted-butter over a scoop of chocolate. We also loved the owner who was friendly to us and chatted about a few places in Boston that he knows. We loved it.

• Visited June 2014
Toronto
“WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was introduced to this ice cream store by a Montrealer during a recent visit. I had the raspberry and lemon ice cream which was delicious. It was a hard choice because there were so many yummy flavours. The wait in a line was definitely worth it. I can't wait to return and try other flavours. This is a must visit shop!!

• Visited May 2014