“afternoon pastry break” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Hamilton, Canada
“afternoon pastry break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

After a long afternoon on our feet, we were delighted to find this bakery on rue St-Denis. It didn't look like much from the outside but inside we were greeted by the sight of plenty of delicious pastries and breads and the smells of baking, a true welcome for weary travellers. We enjoyed some exquisite pastries in the upstairs seating area from where we could watch the kitchen in action and fuel up for further travel. We would truly recommend this place!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Montreal
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

What an amazing bakery...I have read several reviews/articles about this place and it was high on my bucket list. I am so glad I finally made the trip, what a treat. The venue is beautiful. The smells, breads and desserts remind me of my 6 years spent living in France. I tried the carmel cake, the tarte tatin and canele (a specialty from the Bordeaux region)...all absolutely wonderful. I look forward to trying many more specialities in this marvelous bakery :-)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
montreal
“Favorite place for Tea and baking goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very good handmade baking goods in the same league as Premiere Moisson bakeries, only different. They have a nice room on the second floor with tables and sofas overlooking the bakery itself. They carry my favorite kind of tea KUSMIs ( 6 stars out of 5 stars ). Croissant are very good ( 4 stars out of 5 ), Breads are also very good ( 4.5 stars out of 5 ). Special orders ( 5 stars out of 5 ) I need to try their pies. Nice addition to the neighborhood of Carré Saint-Louis. There is already a fair amount of customers but the place will improve with increased number of customers. ( Hygrade principle: more people like it because the products are more fresh and they are more fresh because more people buy their products )

• Visited December 2012