“Horrible. Will never go back.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Horrible. Will never go back.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I went to Fiddler's to watch the Habs game and had a horrible experience.

Food: bland chicken pot pie. The dough wasn't cooked all the way through and it was pasty. Not seasoned at all.

Drinks: the taps weren't working properly. 2 of their beers were off the menu and the ones we ordered were warm and flat.

TVs for the game: 2 of the TVs had horrible image (shadows, wrong colour, low lighting = can't watch the game). That left 2 working TVs, but the sound was coming from a defective sound system. All you could here was echo! If you're going to advertise that your pub is showing the game, make sure ppl can actually watch it!

I will not be going back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kingston, Canada
“Very Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I were on a one day vacation to Montreal and realized that a lot of the nicer restaurants were closed for the holiday break. We had looked on Trip advisor and found Fiddlers Green. We walked down Bishop Street passed the Embassy Irish Pub with tow young guys (very drunk) pissin gin the alleyway. Not very impressed when we came upon this pub. Walked in and there were two other tables with patrons. We hesitantly to a table at the front of the pub, with ripped seats. The bartender came righ over and took our order for drinks. My wife ordered a half and half, and I had a pint of Guiness. That was the best Guiness I have had outside of Ireland! We ordered our food, and the pleasant surprises kept coming. We started with the calamari, and it was outstanding. My wife had the Couquiel St. Jacques and I had the fish and chips. It was a fantastic meal!!!!! I would go back here in a second.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Gorgeus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My curry was espectacular! Kids where more than happy with their food, guau guau guauuu!
Ownerrs where very nice, we had a chocolate mouse for desssert that was delicious!

Montreal, Canada
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

They have amazing food and drinks, if I could go to any pub in Montreal that would be it, that's all I have to say

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cork
“Great food and lots of character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I are staying for 2 nights in Montreal, our first visit, and we went to this pub/restaurant last evening. We had an excellent meal and the atmosphere in the pub was very pleasant and relaxing. They have a lot of regulars which is a good sign of the quality here too. This is a place I will return to and I highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2012