“Take out special” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Description: It's a new branch of Kanda Sushi here in Montreal
“Take out special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Order sushi for delivery. Fresh and good selection. High level sushi menu for take out at a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Very good value, without the glitter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This quickly became our favourite sushi lunch spot. No thrills, no fuss, just excellent lunch done well. Definitely not a fast food place although, at fast food prices (and less when you consider the "all-you-can-eat" feature). Everything was fresh, done to order and the service was fast and effective even when the place was crowded. The lunch choices are limited yet I would be worried if for $16 "all-you-can-eat" you will be presented with a large selection. Just do the math and you will see that they do pretty well "on a budget". The absolute best value is the salmon sashimi. It is outstanding and may compete with the best in town. The menu also includes some chinese and thai items so the whole family, including sushi dislikers, may enjoy a meal together. I am not so sure that it is worth the trip for dinner although BYOW and free parking also make it an atractive option.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Good Sushi all you can eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very good variety from which to choose - nice selection of cooked dishes. Service was efficient despite it being a very busy night. I recommend this restaurant.

Visited March 2013
“Worst restaurant ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Chinese food restaurant in the basement, and proceeded to have the worst restaurant experience ever!

The hostess directed us to a table that hadn't been made up when the one next to it was beautifully presented.

The waiter took our order, and instead of telling me they had no cashews for the cashew chicken, they substituted another chicken dish. When I questioned it, they explained that he brought me the chicken dish #420 from the Chinese menu by mistake, and they would replace it. They left the wrong dish on the table although I told them I didn't like it. Then 20 minutes later when I asked about the cashew chicken and told them we'd take it to go, they told me then there was no cashew chicken ans they were not making me anything! Then, to top it off, they charged me for the wrong dish and I had to argue with them about taking it off the bill.

It wasn't just the mistakes...it was the attitude of these people, not even realizing that bringing the wring food, not telling you they don't have what you ordered, and charging you for food you never ordered or ate was alright!

A memorable experience, for all the wrong reasons!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Go with a big apetite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've bben twice, dinner $26 and lunch $14 (I think). BYOB and all you can eat sushi, szechuam and thai. Menu is a bit larger for dinner so is the price. Food was good, had sushi (kamikaze, kanda, tempura, pizza sushi and spicy - all was good and tasted fresh), Japanese (veg tempura, Japanese dumplings), thai (pad thai) and szechuan (dumlings, spring rolls, general tao). Service was super fast. Of all the dishes that I had, only 2 were not to my liking: won ton soup tasted a bit like fish, and general tao at dinner, tasted like it was cooked at lunch and fresh sauce was put on at dinner. Overall, I enjoyed it and will go back. Was good but not amazing.

• Visited February 2013