“A little jewel of a resto” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Italian restaurant/wine bar
montreal, Quebec, Canada
“A little jewel of a resto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I had just left the Municiple planning office on Notre Dame, it was a little past 6 pm and was literally Famished, I hadn't eaten all day. When I came across a quant Italian Resto, just a block away, and had a couple amazing appetizers, followed by a succulent and mouth watering rack of lamb!! The ambiance was right on, and immediately felt right at home! Great job, and I highly recommend!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The best discovery on Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm usually in search for a restaurant that can impress me on taste and presentation. Although a few of them have done just that, lately I have discovered one that I find it being a real surprise on both levels. Lunch or dinner Salumi vino's chefs will definitely be a surprising experience for anyone like me, in which dining out should put a smile on your face and excite you about what food should be all about. I'm an ex chef so I am very critical when trying a new restaurant . What Salumi vino did for me has been taking me back to the basics. Great fresh ingredients cooked and presented with artistry of a master painter. Everyone should try the Salumi vino experience. It will a very unique one.

Itala, Italy
“coming from Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was born and raised in Italy, My job permits me to go to Montreal at least 5 times a year. I love this reatauraunt. The food is impecible, the service is wonderful. I can honestly say that the food is comparable to some of the best Italian Restauraunts in Italy. I usually come to Montreal with collegues from work, it differs who am with from time to time and whenever i take them to eat at Saumi Vino they are so Happy. The location is great...makes u feel like your in Europe, and the atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming.

“Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I came with my family to this beautiful quaint restaurant and was truly impressed. The wine list, ambience, the food and service were just outstanding. We had the homemade ravioli, fettuccini boscaiolo and the prime rib for two was cooked to perfection. A special thank you to the chef who impressed my wife by also making her some sushi rolls on a dare. The staff and owner are just simply put, nice people.

Montreal, Canada
“Old Montreal's hidden secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great restaurant. Food is superbe. Being of Italian origin myself, I always search for something like my mom's cooking. I found it. Food is always fresh and the tapas are out of this world. Try the burrata entree. Nice little terrasse so on those beautiful Montréal nights one could just sit outside and people watch & drink some great wine. The people running are super friendly and make you feel right at home. Go ahead try this hidden secret !!!!