“Dangerous Balcony” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Roberval

You added Le Roberval to your Saves list
Le Roberval
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   505 Rene Levesque East, Montreal, Quebec H2L 5B6, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #66 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Montreal
“Dangerous Balcony”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I went onto the balcony the door locked behind me and there was no way to re enter the room. Luckily I had my cell phone. the front desk could not access my room because I had dead bolted the door for overnight security. At no time was I advised not to use balcony or the danger if the door shuts. The staff instructed me to to try to force the door open which I did eventually. Then the next day upon checkout they charged my card for being locked out and the damage to the door!!! This locking door leaving people outside with no way to re enter their room is a huge safety concern. They instructed me to to force door then charged me for following their instructions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Suites_Labelle, Director of Sales at Le Roberval, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Cian,

As per e-mail and phone conversation, I would like to apologize again for this unfortunate event. As explained, the defective door lock was replaced immediately after your departure.
There is no warning about locking balcony doors because the locks on these doors are not self locking.

In regards to the charge, as explained, your credit card was never charged at any time. An authorization was taken, but was immediately released when management was made aware of the situation. I recognize even the authorization should not have been requested and concerned staff were made aware of their mistake.

I truly regret you had to live through this unfortunate event but would like to mention that the issue, as for any other that comes to our attention, has been promptly fixed.
We do of course take all necessary measures to insure safety of our guests.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and the misunderstanding and hope you might reconsider staying with us again on your future stay in Montreal.

Best regards,

Martin Roy
Director of sales & marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Woking
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night in June 2012, I literally was only in the room to sleep so didnt really use the room to its full advantage.
The room was right by reception and had a mini kitchen and living room area, the bedroom was fine and comy, bathroom big enough and clean.
Good location in Montreal, reasonable price, area was ok felt safe enough, plenty of dining and shops nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Room was clean and had everything we needed. Staff was friendly but less helpful. My issue was with parking. We park our minivan in a parking lot (does not belong to hotel) nearby for $15 and our driver window was smashed. Next two nights we just park on the street for free and everything was fine. Take ALL your valuables out of the car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I spent 8 days in Roberval, it was very comfortable, I slept very well despite the road. The room was clean and large.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My first stay in Montreal. The location was perfekt for me. Walking to the congress hotel: 25 Min. So I could see something of the city by the way. I tried also bixi-bike, bus and metro - very close to the hotel!
I was 6 nights in Le Robertval. The bed in my room was good and I had a perfect sleep.
My room looked simple but had everything I needed, incl. little kitchen - great. And free WiFi! Everything was very clean. Friendly staff.
If I ever return to montreal, the hotel Le Robertval will be my first choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was our 7th or 8th year staying at Le Roberval for Grand Prix weekend and we have never been disappointed.
The rooms are clean, spacious and you simply cannot beat the location. Being only one bock from the Berri-UQAM metro station is fantastic for getting to the race or downtown for the festivities.
The staff are always courteous and friendly and we have never had a problem.
The one downside is the pullout bed. The mattress was so uncomfortable that it was nearly impossible to get a good night's sleep on it, but we managed to get by. That said, more than 1 or 2 nights on it may have broken a back or two.....
Free WiFi is definitely a big plus!
Overall we are always satisfied with Le Roberval and hope to continue our tradition of staying there for years to come.

Room Tip: The rooms with the murphy beds seem to be much better on the back. Get a murphy bed rather than a s...