“A very good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge Manoir Ville-Marie

You added Auberge Manoir Ville-Marie to your Saves list
Auberge Manoir Ville-Marie
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   3130 rue Ste-Catherine East, Montreal, Quebec H1W 2C2, Canada (Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa))   |
Ranked #57 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Mexico City, Mexico
“A very good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We were a bit worried because someone said that this hostel was located in a bad area, but I totally disagree. The managerl was very nice to us and waited until we arrived, which was late.

The rooms are very good value for your money, they are big and clean and so are the shared shower and bathrooms. The breakfast isn't great though, there was no fruit, just diffrent kinds of bread, jams and butters.

We had a car, and even if there aren't that many parking spots we never had a problem.
If I go to Montreal, I'll be back there!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Very friendly staff, stayed 4 days. Price was very good and parking on site free. The hotel is not close to much so you'll need to take public if going anywhere besides the depanneur! TV in the room was a bit dated. Bath/shower in the room were relatively new. Breakfast was not too bad if you like bagels. The dining room in the basement is rather drab but get down early before the coffee is gone because you won't find anyone to ask for more! All in all an average hotel with no surprises.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Colchester, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I've stayed here the last several times I've gone to Montreal. I think the hotel is a great value and the owners and staff have always been very friendly. I've never had problems of any kind. It's very easily accessible from Autoroute Ville Marie and there is also a bike path that takes you into downtown. The area does have character and I would not leave anything valuable in my car. There doesn't seem to be a lot of parking but I've always found a space. There are prostitutes across the street at odd hours. The traffic didn't seem bad. It is a bit out of the way so it's always been quiet at night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Walton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed here for 3 days/ 2 nights with my sister and friend. Our room had 2 double beds, a sink, small refrigerator and tv with a dresser. We had access to 2 toilets and one shower in our hallway. We never had to worry about waiting to use the bathroom or shower. They provided towels and basic toiletries.

The continental breakfast was great- hot chocolate, coffee, tea, juice, bagels and toast, cereal, muffins and croissants. We were able to take an extra croissant or muffin for a snack later in the day. The kitchen's not locked at night so you can use it later if you need to. We borrowed the cups, plates and forks/ knives one night and no one cared.

There was plenty of parking and there is a bus stop across the street with a 3-5 minute bus ride to the metro station that has some bars, stores and restaurants as well as the Metro Plus (grocery store).

For the amount of money we saved by staying at this hostel which was out of the main attraction of Montreal, my sister, friend and I were able to do alot more activities than if we were to have paid more for a hotel downtown.

I'd recommend it to anyone! If I go back to Montreal again soon and am still budget conscious, I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Turnhout, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We stayed there for the kinetik festival. Very easy accesible trough busses and metro. The manager is really friendly, if you got questions about Montreal just ask him. The rooms and breakfast are really ok. If the lineup for Kinetik 5.0 is ok, then I'm sure to take this Hotel back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed at the Auberge Manoir Ville-Marie with my partner and a friend for two nights recently, and I was pleasantly surprised by just how nice it was. We had found the place on late rooms, and had booked not knowing anything about it because it had a two bedroom suite that suited our needs. When we arrived there was a problem with the suite and it wasn't available, but we were given two separate rooms for the same price as the suite so I have absolutely no complaints there. When we arrived the owner gave us a map and a guide book, and pointed out some sights we might like to see.

Pros: It's very good value for money. The rooms and the bathroom are very clean, the dining area is clean, the breakfast was better than we were expecting (cereal, toast, croissants, bagels and coffee), it has free (though limited, and road side) parking, the owners very nice and helpful, it has free wireless internet (you just have to ask at reception for the password), the hotel itself is very quiet (although it is on a main road so you do get some noise from that if you've got your windows open at night), buses leave from just outside, and the nearest metro station is about 10 minutes walk away, it has a really nice roof patio on the third floor.

Cons: It is a bit far out, and in a not so scenic part of town. The public transport links are good (we just walked to the metro station 10 minutes away) but you shouldn't come here under the illusion you will be able to walk to the downtown area. This worked out fine for us though because we just packed up in the morning and headed into town on the metro, and then didn't come back until the evening. There isn't a great deal near to the hotel (restaurants, bars etc).

The Hyatt it's not, but for the price we paid I was impressed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

First of all, staff was great there! Very helpful and flexible. If you stay in Montreal for 1-2 days, choose a bus tour (it will be suggested at the reception).
We had a double room, when we brought our luggage there, the room was rather cold. Then we were suggested to move to romantic suite with jacuzzi. We agreed and it was definitely worth it!!)) That room was awesome! Nice and cozy.
I liked the dining room and a kitchen downstairs. It made me feel like at home.
An important disadvantage of this hotel is its location. I felt unsafe going out to the store. Moreover, it's rather far from downtown and it's uncomfortable to use public transport. Fortunately, we had a car.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Auberge Manoir Ville-Marie? Share your experiences!