“Fresh Food. Friendly People” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Pho 21

Restaurant Pho 21
1454 Rue Amherst, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (The Village (Gay Village))
Improve this listing
Ranked #559 of 4,416 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Neighborhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Brockville, Canada
“Fresh Food. Friendly People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place was a pleasant surprise. We ordered Pad Thai and it was fresh, filling and tasty. Servers were all smiles. We will be back.

Montreal
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This restaurant in the center of the city was a nice discovery. Typical VietNamese food, but with a nice touch.
Family owned restaurant; extremely friendly service.
The decor is better than the average restaurant in this category.
La table d'hôte in the evening for $20.00 included soup, main dish and dessert and tea.
You bring your wine.
Definitly a keeper; i'll go back.
The owner greets regular customers with a personal touch.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Great hospitarity, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

When I was in Montreal, I visited Pho 21 almost once every two days. Mr. Da, the host, remembered me and made me a special pho and springrolls for vegan. One day I got lost when I came back from metro station to my hotel and reached Pho 21 around 9:30pm. They are about to close but Mr. Da welcomed me and offered me a special pho. You know when you travel by yourself, these kinds of hospitarity make you feel at home and heartwarming.

I just finished last dinner at Pho 21 and they gave me a sweet apple dessert. It was divine and thank you Pho 21. I will definitely recommend this restaurant, it's tasty, reasonable and healthy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Good value, good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Pho 21 is on the east side of town on Amherst, just off the Gay Village. It provides very good value, and a slightly better than average meal. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here, but if in the neighbourhood, it's a solid choice. I had the chicken curry, and it came in a small personal wok. It was piping hot and delicious. Service is very good, your waiter will be very attentive. Portions are generous, so you won't feel less than satiated at the end of the meal. Do drop in, you won't be disappointed.
One thing you must know. Pho 21 takes cash and debit cards, but no credit cards.

• Visited May 2012