“We stayed here twice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B La Petite Prune

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
B&B La Petite Prune
You added B&B La Petite Prune to your Saves list
3422 Avenue Laval, Montreal, Quebec H2X 3C8, Canada (Le Plateau Mont-Royal)   |
Ranked #12 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fresno, California
“We stayed here twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I can't add much to what others have said; I can only confirm it. The front stairs might be a bit of a challenge for some people, but are typical of the traditional terraced houses of Montreal. Food, service, location, hospitality and quietness are all very fine. Very convenient to the Berri-UQAM bus/Metro station, which is the last stop for the 747 Bus from the airport.. We stayed at La Petite Prune at the beginning of our trip, and also at the end. Lots of eateries and other shops in the area, and the No. 24 bus up and down Rue Sherbrooke could hardly be easier to catch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was a pleasure meeting you. I really enjoyed having you here. :)

Since I moved to Montreal I never stopped being a tourist. I love visiting museums, going to events, going up Mont-Royal for the city view, etc... so I know what's convenient for tourists. I was very happy when I found this house to open a B&B. :)

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here. I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune if you have a chance to come back to Montreal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hickory Creek, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights in late September in the Koume room. The room is very large and can accomodate more than a couple. The B&B is well kept and very clean. Akiko is an excellent hostess ,very attentive to your needs but not intrusive.
The location is great. The 24 bus which runs on Sherbrooke is a very short walk away. This bus will take you to the Museum of Fine Arts(we were able to see the Cihully glass exhibit), main "downtown areas, as well as the Metro station at Sherbrooke where which can "get to" any of the 4 Metro lines.
There are nice restraurants within one block in the Plateau area.

Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was very nice meeting you. I enjoyed talking with you while you were here.

The location of the B&B is excellent indeed. :)
I rarely take metro/bus in the summer. Most of the tourist attractions are within walking distance. Some places like the Botanical Gardens, Jean-Talon Market, are a little bit far but I bike to these places. Montreal is such a bike-friendly city, and tourists can easily rent a bixi bike for the day.
In the winter, I take metro & buses... it takes 5 minutes to walk to the Sherbrooke metro station, and 1 minute to the nearest #24 bus stop!

Thank you again for staying at La Petite Prune, and for this positive review. I would be happy to have you again here. :)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My sister and I spent three nights with La Petite Prune for our first visit to Montreal and the whole experience was terrific. The Inn is on a beautiful residential street that is in a great area with easy walking to shops and restaurants. With McGill University nearby the streets are alive with students and visitors from all over. Our host, Akiko, is an excellent inn keeper and takes great care of her guests. At LaPetite Prune you feel at home, safe, and relaxed. The inn itself is a Victorian style which is very clean and has a cozy feel. Breakfast is plentiful and good. Akiko makes her own breads and baked goods and jams. Delicious coffee is ready when you sit down at the communal table. The shared bathroom for the four upstairs rooms wasn't problematic. I could access it whenever I needed it or it would be just a short wait. All sorts of bath products are provided if you forgot yours. The other guests are respectful of the fact that it's shared. If you must have a private bath best to reserve the large room on the first floor which has a private bath just a few steps across the hall. There is an outdoor patio off the kitchen which is nice if you want to sit outside and if you smoke it's permitted outside. All in all a very good experience and I would stay here again. Thanks to Akiko.

Room Tip: Choose the large room downstairs for a private bath. The four rooms upstairs share a large bath.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you and your sister. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you also for this review with a lot of details. It will be helpful for people who are choosing a place to stay in Montreal.

If you have a chance to come back to Montreal, I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune. :)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in the Mori room and enjoyed our time. Akiko is a very attentive and caring owner who really seemed to care about whether her guests have a good time at the B&B and in Montreal more generally. We had to leave early to catch a train and she prepared us breakfast an hour earlier than the normal time which was nice. Breakfast is buffet style, with a choice of cooked items then homemade breads/cakes and cereals. We were sharing a bathroom with two other rooms but it was not a problem and we never had to wait to use it. The bathroom had toiletries, a hair dryer and additional towels. The Mori room is not huge if you have loads of luggage but it was completely fine for us as a couple with two backpacks.

The B&B is in a really good location. It's a few mins walk from Sherbrooke metro stop, which is about 10-15 mins from the central train station. It's also only a few stops to the old town area and you can also take the number 24 bus to the museums and galleries around McGill University. There's also loads of good places to eat within easy walking distance (10-15 mins), so we're glad that we chose to stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here. :)

Thank you also for this positive review with details. It will surely be helpful for other travellers.

I hope the rest of your trip went well too.
I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune if you return to Montreal!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed one night at La petite Prune just before my wedding during the labor day week end with my photograph and had a great experience at this BnB. I really liked the homestyle atmosphere, old style of the building, and decoration (warm red) of the place so that I felt like at home. My stay was short so I did not enjoy other advantages of the place: internet guides and the terrasse. Like in most BnB in Montreal, there are stairs to get to some rooms, which was the case of ours. My room was very comfortable and quite large. There was a small A/C but no iron. The Bathroom was shared but large and clean. The Breakfast was very nice with a buffet and some Nutella (!), the table was nicely set. Last great thing was that this BnB attracts very nice people, as I meet only cool guests during the breakfast.There was also a kitchen but I was not sure if it was accessible to the guests. The location is in the plateau, which I really recommend to visitors. All to say, I will recommend it to my relatives.

Room Tip: I am not sure it is the case of the first floor, but on the second floor we had the bathroom right n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was really nice having you here before your wedding. You looked great in your wedding suits!

Thank you also for this review with nice description of the B&B. It is true that the guests here are very nice people!

The kitchen is accessible to the guests, and there is an iron available for the guests to use. Next time please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions/requests during your stay.
I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune. :)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed at this B and B for our honeymoon. It was wonderful. Akiko made great breakfast everyday. Akiko was great at providing some Montreal referrals. The room was very nice and very clean. We had everything we could need. There was good wifi. Akiko included some pleasant extras that made our stay extra nice.

We walked a lot of places through the Latin quarter to downtown and Old Montreal. It was a good 15 to 20 min walk to Old Montreal. We managed to street park the whole stay- just watch the signs as they tow for street cleaning one day in each area and some parts require permits.

Katherine

Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you and having you here for your honeymoon!

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.
The location of the B&B is great, and you can walk to most of the tourist sights from here.
If you are driving to Montreal, I recommend you leave your car once you find a parking spot, and walk/use public transit.

If you return to Montreal, I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just returned home to Western Canada after five nights at this charming and very comfortable B&B in the Plateau area of Montréal. We stayed in the Koume room - two double beds, a spacious wardrobe, sofa, arm chair and a private bathroom across the hall. This was my first time in Montréal, and first time at a B&B. What a wonderful surprise! Spotlessly clean, delicious breakfast every morning (with homemade jams, fresh baking etc.) and easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping. A reasonable price too! We rented a car to make our travels to some of the sights we wanted to see a little easier (my husband walks with a cane). The neighbourhood is very picturesque, and there was a lovely park close by. Parking is a concern, but we found paid street parking two blocks away - not a big deal when the neighbourhood is so lovely to walk around. Thank you Akiko, for your warm hospitality, and helpful suggestions for where to eat and shop. I recommend B&B La Petite Prune to anyone looking for a special place to stay in Montréal.

Stayed September 2013
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I really enjoyed our conversations while you were here.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for this positive review with detailed description of the B&B and the area. It will surely be helpful for others.

If you plan another trip to Montreal, It would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune. :)

Been to B&B La Petite Prune? Share your experiences!