“Cozy and Comfy stay at this B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B La Petite Prune

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
B&B La Petite Prune
3422 Avenue Laval, Montreal, Quebec H2X 3C8, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Book 6 nights, get 1 free
Ranked #10 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
“Cozy and Comfy stay at this B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a great stay at La Petite Prune. It was easy to find in a really nice and convenient location. Short walk from the metro & plenty to do within walking distance. The room was small but comfortable with an air conditioner that drowned out any outside noise and kept us cool over night. Akiko keeps the place very clean and inviting. She was very accommodating to our arrival and departure times, and provided us with a fabulous breakfast before we left. I definitely recommend staying here!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. It was a short stay but I am glad to see that you enjoyed it.

If you plan another trip to Montreal, please let me know. It would be nice to have you at La Petite Prune again. :)

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Its been almost 20 years since I've been back to Montreal, and staying at La Petite Prune made a return visit for me and my teen-aged son just perfect.
Elegant rooms, excellent food, perfect Plateau location, and a charming host.
Book a stay with Akiko without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2013
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you and your son. I really enjoyed our conversations while you were here.
I am glad to see that you liked your stay too.
I would be glad to have you at La Petite Prune again, and hopefully your next visit will be in less than 20 years. :)
Twinsburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Accommodations here are clean (no street shoes beyond entryway), comfortable, and affordable. The B&B is located on a tree-lined street, a block from a large city park with a choice of restaurants on streets at either end of the park. Our room was on the street side but with the quiet hum of the air-conditioner, we were not disturbed by any noise from the street. Street parking and a shared bath were not problems, though someone with a physical disability might find the outside stairs leading up to the B&B difficult. These outside stairways were typical of the neighborhood. Location is about a twenty minute walk from Old Montreal and the stunning Notre-Dame Basilica.

The friendly owner, Akiko, serves a continental breakfast and goes above and beyond expectations to be a helpful and accommodating host. We thank her for helping to make our short stay in Montreal a very enjoyable one and hope to stay with her again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was very nice meeting you. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here.

I am glad also to know that you enjoyed the location of La Petite Prune. It is on a quiet residential street, but is in the lively plateau area and there are many things to see and do around the B&B.

It would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune if you return to Montreal. :)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This B&B is a perfect choice to stay in Montréal.
The location is amazing, close to Saint Denis, restaurants, bars, the Quartier Latin and the Plateau are close by, the Square Saint Denis just a minute away is very nice. And this street is very quite, even possible to park for free.
Akiko was an amazing host, she is very flexible and made our stay as pleasant as possible. (She speaks french, english and japanese of course!)
The breakfast was just great, the place is very clean and we do feel like home. Excellent value for the price!
Definitely a place I recommend. I will come back for sure (if not fully booked next time ;-p)
Thanks Akiko!
Stéphanie

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was really nice meeting you and your parents. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here. I enjoyed having you too.

Thank you also for passing by the other day, and I am sorry that there was no availability here for you to stay that night. I hope you had a good time in Montreal!

It would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune. If you plan a trip to Montreal again, please let me know in advance, so I can reserve a room for you. :)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Although I was in Montreal visiting family, I was determined to have a B & B experience near Le Plateau. When I discovered La Petite Prune on line, it seemed like what I was searching for. Due to circumstances I ended up staying there only one night but I truly wish it could have been longer. This B & B is conveniently located, and yet proved to be fairly quiet. The place was so relaxing, as soon as I got into the beautiful room, I lay myself down and almost fell asleep. The character is charming and the atmosphere warm. Akiko serves a wonderful breakfast and proves to be a good cook as well as a wonderful hostess. I wish her all the best, and I hope to stay at La Petite Prune longer, next time I visit Montreal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was really nice meeting you. I am glad to see that you had a good time here. Although it was only a one-night stay, I enjoyed our conversations very much, and I also wish you could have stayed longer.

I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my first time visiting Montreal, and after staying in La Petite Prune I would never stay anywhere else. The location is perfect, surrounded by restaurants, shops, and nightlife, yet the street it is on is quiet. The place is very cozy, I felt like I was at home here. Akiko is a wonderful host, helping with directions and making us feel welcome. Here breakfasts are amazing, she always had vegetarian options for us including baked beans, hash browns, cereal, bagels, pancakes, yogurt, and she even cooked us eggs fresh when we came down to eat. The place is impeccably clean, but still felt like home rather than a sterile hotel. There is a terrace out back that you are free to sit on anytime. There is a subway stop 5 minutes away. This really is the perfect B&B, I cannot recommend it enough!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you. I really enjoyed talking with you every morning.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.
It makes me really happy when my guests tell me that they felt like they were at home during their stay at La Petite Prune.
Thank you for this review. It will surely be helpful for the readers.

I would be glad to have you again any time at La Petite Prune. :)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

At CDN $125 a night for three nights in July 2013, we rented the large room on the first floor with a private bathroom. We recommend and would come back -- I've lived in Montreal for 4 years as a student at McGill and I was very impressed with the B&B's location and the price-quality offering.

The room came with two twin matresses, a huge futon, a (very) small flat screen TV. The towels were changed daily. The room had a window facing a surprisingly quiet residential street. The bathroom is not attached to the room but across the hallway which is a little awkward because it's the main hallway leading to the building's entrance but we were given plush bathrobes in which to cross from our room to the bathroom. The bathroom has only a shower, sink, and toilet and is very small but flawlessly clean.

Akiko and her personality make the B&B. She is flexible (we arrived at 23:00), nice, and looks after her guests (even picking up skim milk when we asked for it). Her breakfasts included meat and eggs and were very tasty. She makes herself available for questions and promptly replies to all emails, etc.

The location of the B&B cannot be beat. It is basically off the pedistration zone of Rue Prince Arthur which runs between St. Laurent and St. Denis, two of the major Montreal streets (nightlife, restaurants, culture, shopping). And it's a 5 minute walk to the third: St. Catherine, which is at the heart of the jazz, comedy, and other festivals. Also, both the orange and the green metro lines stop nearby (5-8 minutes walking). And bixi-bicycle stations are nearby as well. It is about a 15-20 minute walk to the McGill campus. And about a 20 minute walk to the old city or Le Village.

With Akiko's help, we found street parking that was 50 feet from the B&B. Be careful when apkring in Montreal as some spaces require a residential permit and there are street-cleaning hours in effect on certain days of the week! Signs are (obviously) in French!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you also for this review with useful information for the readers. It will surely be helpful for them when making travel plans.

I hope you have a great summer. I would be happy to have you again any time at La Petite Prune. :)

Been to B&B La Petite Prune? Share your experiences!