“A Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B La Petite Prune

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
B&B La Petite Prune
Ranked #13 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
Belleville, Canada
“A Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had the great pleasure to stay at Le Petit Prune for four nights with my friend, recently, and we both agreed we would go back in a heartbeat. Situated in a quiet area, this B & B is still within walking distance of many active spots in the heart of Montreal.
Highly recommended for the excellent breakfasts, warm hospitality, cleanliness and proximity to many of Montreal's wonderful sites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was really nice meeting you. I enjoyed talking with you every morning.
I am glad to see that you had a good time here too.

Thank you again for the gift! I am very looking forward to try it soon. :)

I would be happy to have you again if you return to Montreal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband, 4 year old daughter, mother-in-law, and I all stayed in Koume for two nights and we loved it! The location was amazing, right there on a beautiful tree-lined street next to Square St. Louis, Rue Prince Arthur, and St. Denis. There were so many things to see and do within walking distance of our door and a metro stop less than a 3 minute walk. Our hostess, Akiko, was sweet and attentive, and she made a fabulous breakfast each morning. We really enjoyed chatting with her and our neighbors while enjoying her amazing food and coffee! The house was charming and was filled with plenty of amenities like luxurious, Japanese shampoo.
La Petite Prune is a great place to stay if you want to feel like a savvy local and a pampered guest at the same time!

Room Tip: All rooms looked great, but we stayed in Koume which is located on the main floor with a private bat...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune, and also for your Facebook "Likes".
It was nice actually meeting you finally. I really enjoyed our conversations during the breakfast time every morning.

The B&B is located close to many tourist attractions, but it is never too touristy around the house. I myself enjoy walking around, enjoy a cup of coffee in a cute cafe, window-shopping on St-Laurent Blvd, etc. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the location too!

Thank you again. It would be my pleasure to have you any time again at La Petite Prune. :)
Vernon, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at La Petite Prune in Montreal for four days. The host was very friendly, accommodating and her breakfast was excellent. The location is great as it is so close to the main streets, metro (Sherbrook) and only 15 - 20 minutes from the Old Montreal. It was also helpful to chat to our neighbors during the breakfast as we could exchange tips and what to see and do in Montreal. We felt like at home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here.

It's nice to see my guests enjoy meeting other travellers and make friends at my place.
It is also the best part of this job for me to be able to meet and talk with people from all over the world at the B&B. :)

I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune if you return to Montreal!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Located on the charming, residential Ave. Laval, staying at La Petite Prune gives you the feeling of being an honorary Montrealer! While there is a Metro nearby, you can really walk most places in the city from there..."The Main" is just a few blocks away, and the restaurants/bars of St Denis a short stroll. The stop for the airport bus is also relatively close by. Akiko is a considerate hostess & we particularly enjoyed her homemade jams & walnut bread & banana muffins; she even prepared a packed breakfast for us when we had to leave early to catch our flight. While the bathroom on our floor was shared, it was clean & there was never much of a wait for showers etc in the morning. Over our three night stay, we stayed in two rooms: Mori & Taiyo, due to a slight mix up (this was not a problem, as Akiko moved our luggage etc.) We had actually booked Mori- a smaller room- & I think that this would be perfect for a weekender without much luggage etc. We did have a lot of bags with us, so found it a little tight for that reason, so if you don't travel light, I would recommend Tayio. I also had a glimpse of Sora, and this also looked nice & airy. There was a bit of street noise at night, but it was Grand Prix weekend, & otherwise it was a nice & calm neighbourhood. If I was returning to Montreal, I would not hesitate to stay at La Petite Prune as it offers great value in a super location.

• Stayed June 2013
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.

It was very nice meeting you. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for sharing your experience here. It will surely be helpful for others!

I hope you are enjoying the rest of your trip in Canada. I would be happy to have you any time again at La Petite Prune. :)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Victorian style home is lovely, and in a quaint and quiet area! Akiko is friendly, helpful, and makes a wonderful breakfast! Our room was simple, but beautiful! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I really enjoyed our conversations at the breakfast table. Thank you for sharing your interesting stories.

I am glad to see that you liked your stay at La Petite Prune. I am looking forward to having you here again. :)
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were lucky to get a room at relatively short notice for an overnight stop enroute to Quebec city. The family room for 4 was more than large enough for us- the bathroom and room was extremely clean and tastefully done up. Our hostess was very accommodating ( we reached late at night instead of evening as planned due to flight delay) and helpful- in fact she actually gave us a printout re: parking charges/ do's and dont's! Breakfast was homely and wholesome- she actually makes the jams herself! Location of course was excellent- the room was quiet and we left the b&b refreshed after a good night's sleep:) would definitely recommend it to anyone and stay again if I am in the city again!

Room Tip: Didn't look for fitness/ pool as an option so it didn't matter! Our room was great(downstair...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!

It was nice meeting you and your family. It was just a one night stay but I really enjoyed talking with you in the morning. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip after you left here too. I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune if you return to Montreal. :)
Neuchatel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at La petite Prune mid-May for a week and I can only give it the highest praise. Firstly, Locatoin, Locatoin, Locatoin ! It's so clost to the center that it only takes 20 minutes to walk over to McGill. Restaurants and bars for evening meals are close bye and yet there is no street noise. The B&B is well kept, clean and comfortable (although those used to watching TV at night will be dissapointed). Akiko is an excellent hostess - discreet yet chatty when questioned and cooks a variety of filling breakfasts. Lastly, the metro isn't far and there are plenty of bixi bikes stations if you feel like cycling. I was won over by La Petit Prune, see how you find find it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!

It was nice meeting you. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay.
I enjoyed talking with you every morning too. :)

The location of the B&B is great. There are many restaurants, bars, boutiques, etc. and many events (ex. Jazz Festival and Just for Laughs Festival) take place in this area too.

Thank you again. I would be happy to have you again any time if you return to Montreal.

Been to B&B La Petite Prune? Share your experiences!