“Great B&B!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B La Petite Prune

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
B&B La Petite Prune
Ranked #13 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great B&B!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Victorian style home is lovely, and in a quaint and quiet area! Akiko is friendly, helpful, and makes a wonderful breakfast! Our room was simple, but beautiful! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I really enjoyed our conversations at the breakfast table. Thank you for sharing your interesting stories.

I am glad to see that you liked your stay at La Petite Prune. I am looking forward to having you here again. :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were lucky to get a room at relatively short notice for an overnight stop enroute to Quebec city. The family room for 4 was more than large enough for us- the bathroom and room was extremely clean and tastefully done up. Our hostess was very accommodating ( we reached late at night instead of evening as planned due to flight delay) and helpful- in fact she actually gave us a printout re: parking charges/ do's and dont's! Breakfast was homely and wholesome- she actually makes the jams herself! Location of course was excellent- the room was quiet and we left the b&b refreshed after a good night's sleep:) would definitely recommend it to anyone and stay again if I am in the city again!

Room Tip: Didn't look for fitness/ pool as an option so it didn't matter! Our room was great(downstair...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!

It was nice meeting you and your family. It was just a one night stay but I really enjoyed talking with you in the morning. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip after you left here too. I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune if you return to Montreal. :)
Neuchatel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at La petite Prune mid-May for a week and I can only give it the highest praise. Firstly, Locatoin, Locatoin, Locatoin ! It's so clost to the center that it only takes 20 minutes to walk over to McGill. Restaurants and bars for evening meals are close bye and yet there is no street noise. The B&B is well kept, clean and comfortable (although those used to watching TV at night will be dissapointed). Akiko is an excellent hostess - discreet yet chatty when questioned and cooks a variety of filling breakfasts. Lastly, the metro isn't far and there are plenty of bixi bikes stations if you feel like cycling. I was won over by La Petit Prune, see how you find find it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!

It was nice meeting you. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay.
I enjoyed talking with you every morning too. :)

The location of the B&B is great. There are many restaurants, bars, boutiques, etc. and many events (ex. Jazz Festival and Just for Laughs Festival) take place in this area too.

Thank you again. I would be happy to have you again any time if you return to Montreal.
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at the Petite Prune in Montreal last week. Our room was quite large with two full beds and a futon, the location was wonderful, and it was quiet. The B&B was walking distance to everything that we were interested in- around the corner to great restaurants in the Plateau, 20 minutes to the old city, 20 minutes to museums, and we even found free street parking right in front.

Akiko, the owner, could not have been any kinder and the breakfast was good. It is difficult for me to rate this B&B because I typically stay in hotels. It does not have some of the attributes that many people might find important, but it did not bother me to have a small hallway bathroom (no other guest rooms on our floor so it was fairly private) nor was the lack of a large TV an issue. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a comfortable stay in a great location in Montreal! I would give it a 4.5 if I could.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

As you mentioned, it is a B&B and not a hotel. Some hotel services might not be available here, but I try to provide other things to my guests that they could not have in a hotel (like friendliness and coziness).

I would be happy to have you at La Petite Prune again if you return to Montreal. :)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just stayed at La Petite Prune last week. Excellent location! Very close to the metro (Montreal Metro is convenient & effecient). The Plateau Mont Royal neighborhood is great for walking, exploring, eating. The B&B is also close to a picturesque park: St. Louis Square. Great to just sit and watch the world go by. Mamie Clafoutis bakery is just beyond the park on Rue St Denis: the pastries / bread are phenomenal. For the tourist: Schwartz's, La Banquise, bagel from St. Viateur, Au Pied de Cochon: all walking distance.

Akiko is a gracious host; she makes a scrumptious breakfast. Definitely try the homemade jams; I've never had kiwi marmalade until our stay there. My sunny side up egg was cooked to perfection. It was very quiet even with other guests; we had a shared bathroom but it was not inconvenient at all. I actually had one of the best night's sleep at the b&b during that trip.

We stayed in the yellow room. Very roomy. Good noise control from the outside and even from the bathroom next door.

Will definitely stay here again! Thank you, Akiko!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Yes, the location of the B&B is just great. :)
It's located between St-Laurent Boulevard and St-Denis street, 2 very lively streets.
There are many restaurants, cafes, bars, and boutiques on these streets.
Even though it is so close to these streets, around the B&B is a residential area, and it is usually very quiet.

I'm happy that you liked my breakfast too! I hope you will have an opportunity to come back to Montreal, and I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed one night at La Petit Prune (in the smallest room) and it was the perfect location and price, and the room was cozy and comfy. We slept soundly and the breakfast (eggs made to order) was delicious, with homemade fruit spreads and even gluten-free toast when we asked and lots of other options, too. It was nice to spend breakfast talking with some of the other guests and with the owner, Akiko. She was very attentive during our stay and went above and beyond by locating a sweatshirt I had left behind - and then sent it back! Highly recommended - thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay!

I enjoyed talking with you in the morning too. It's nice to have people from different parts of the world at the same table. :)

Next time you come to Montreal, it would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune!

(I am glad that you got your sweatshirt back!)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My parents and I enjoyed our time at La Petite Prune. Everything about this B&B was well thought out to make the stay as comfortable as possible outside of one's home. Shampoo, hair conditioner, body lotion, and Febreeze is provided in the bathroom, which was greatly appreciated.

Akiko made us a fabulous breakfast; it was a poached (?) egg with potatoes, served in a ramekin, and there was bacon, baked beans, toast, and multiple homemade jam choices. After trying Akiko's kiwi jam, my mom told me that she couldn't wait to try it out herself. There was also a variety of selection of teas and Akiko served orange juice and coffee too.

Another thing my family appreciated was that Akiko allowed us to have store our luggage at the B&B while we traveled around Montreal. We can't thank her enough for that!

My parents and I can't think of a single bad thing about La Petite Prune. If we ever come back to Montreal, we will definitely come back here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!

It was such a short stay but I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
It was nice having you and your parents here. I really enjoyed our conversations in the morning.

The egg dish I served that morning is called "eggs en cocotte". It's actually one of the most popular dishes among my guests. :)

I would be happy to have you any time again at La Petite Prune!

Been to B&B La Petite Prune? Share your experiences!