“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B La Petite Prune

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
B&B La Petite Prune
Ranked #13 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed one night at La Petit Prune (in the smallest room) and it was the perfect location and price, and the room was cozy and comfy. We slept soundly and the breakfast (eggs made to order) was delicious, with homemade fruit spreads and even gluten-free toast when we asked and lots of other options, too. It was nice to spend breakfast talking with some of the other guests and with the owner, Akiko. She was very attentive during our stay and went above and beyond by locating a sweatshirt I had left behind - and then sent it back! Highly recommended - thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay!

I enjoyed talking with you in the morning too. It's nice to have people from different parts of the world at the same table. :)

Next time you come to Montreal, it would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune!

(I am glad that you got your sweatshirt back!)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My parents and I enjoyed our time at La Petite Prune. Everything about this B&B was well thought out to make the stay as comfortable as possible outside of one's home. Shampoo, hair conditioner, body lotion, and Febreeze is provided in the bathroom, which was greatly appreciated.

Akiko made us a fabulous breakfast; it was a poached (?) egg with potatoes, served in a ramekin, and there was bacon, baked beans, toast, and multiple homemade jam choices. After trying Akiko's kiwi jam, my mom told me that she couldn't wait to try it out herself. There was also a variety of selection of teas and Akiko served orange juice and coffee too.

Another thing my family appreciated was that Akiko allowed us to have store our luggage at the B&B while we traveled around Montreal. We can't thank her enough for that!

My parents and I can't think of a single bad thing about La Petite Prune. If we ever come back to Montreal, we will definitely come back here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!

It was such a short stay but I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
It was nice having you and your parents here. I really enjoyed our conversations in the morning.

The egg dish I served that morning is called "eggs en cocotte". It's actually one of the most popular dishes among my guests. :)

I would be happy to have you any time again at La Petite Prune!
Eugene, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I spent only one night at La Petit Prune but it was a great place and I highly recommend it. Akiko greeted me upon my early arrival and let me store my luggage in my room while I explored Montreal. The location was perfect - a five minute walk to either the metro or the bus station (with buses to the airport). I walked up St. Denis St to Duluth and found a plethora of great restaurants. My room, on the second floor (Sora) had a queen sized bed and was next to the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious - poached egg with bacon and potatoes, beans and delicious banana muffins and juice. And Akiko kept my tea pot full! The atmosphere was relaxed, Akiko was friendly and helpful and the location was perfect. Thank you Akiko.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was only one night but I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. :)

I hope there will be another occasion for you to travel to Montreal. One day is definitely not enough to enjoy this marvellous city! And I would be happy to have you here at La Petite Prune again.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed here the last week of April and loved it. We stayed in the "koume" room - which was way bigger than we thought! Opposite the beds is a huge window with shutters, which we really enjoyed. There was also a small TV next to one of the beds, so my friend was able to keep up with her hockey while we were there. The beds were very comfy. We had the room with the private bathroom, which is located under the stairs in the hall. I can see how some people might not like that, but we had no issues - plus there were robes in the room, which was great!

Akiko is lovely. She makes excellent jam in flavours I didn't know existed (kiwi and banana, for example), and breakfast was always enjoyable. She remembered my penchant for tea after our first breakfast there, so I never needed to ask for hot water! There were also the usual breakfast items (cereal, toast, etc.), but she made something different every morning for a hot meal.

Location-wise, La Petite Prune is fantastic. I've previously stayed down in the port area, so this was my first time staying farther north. It's right near Rue St-Denis, which is packed with excellent restaurants, and it's a very easy walk to shops (provided you're good with hills). We spent most of the trip walking, but there's a metro station about two/three blocks away, as well as the Greyhound bus station.

Could not be happier with our stay!

Room Tip: As others have noted, the other three rooms have a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice having you here. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for discribing your experience in detail. This will be very helpful for the future guests.

I am thinking to go get some fruits for my new jam tomorrow. I will see what's good and decide on the flavor. I like to try new things always, so please come back to taste my new breakfast menu. It would be my pleasure to have you again here. :)

and thank you very very much again for the surprise you sent me!!
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed one night at this B&B to attend a friend's birthday party. The location is very convenient, just steps away from Plateau Mont-Royal, which is full of shops, bars and restaurants. The room was sparse, but clean and well maintained.

One of the drawbacks is that there is only one shared bathroom for the three upstairs bedrooms, but that was not a problem when we visited.

The owner was very responsive to our needs, including dietary restrictions. She was very quiet, but friendly.

Overall, I would recommend this B&B if you need to be close to Plateau Mont-Royal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

The location of the B&B is really good, especially in summer with many events and festivals happening in this area. Even though the B&B is in the lively plateau area, it is usually very quiet around the B&B.

For the shared bathroom issue, I try to control the number of guests who would be using the bathroom, and also the private bathroom for the guestroom downstairs can be used when there is no guest downstairs.

Thank you for recommending La Petite Prune. It would be my peasure to have you again here. :)
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

La petite prune had a wonderful location and beautiful rooms! My Mom and I shared the purple room for a night. It was gorgeous! The breakfast was lovely too! I definitely recommend it. Akiko is a wonderful host.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you and your mother. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here.

I always try to find good breakfast recipes. I hope you will come back to taste my new breakfast dishes. :)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Loved the location ,really close to everywhere i wanna go, the room was clean and bright. My friend and i loved the breakfast very much. I will definitely come back the next time and would love to reccomend here to my friend .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice having you here, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

It was a short stay but I am glad that you were able to visit all the places you had planned to. The B&B is located close to many tourist attractions. :)
It would be my pleasure to have you any time again at La Petite Prune!

Been to B&B La Petite Prune? Share your experiences!