“I like to make my own opinion about hotels” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Europeenne

You added Hotel Europeenne to your Saves list
Hotel Europeenne
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1620 Rue St-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec H2L 3Z3, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))   |
Ranked #97 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Rochester, NY
“I like to make my own opinion about hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

This is a great place for a short stay. The staff is more than accomodating. I requested no room service, so they gave me extra towels and such without complication. The breakfast is bleak; but it is free, so beats nothing.

I read about the bus station noise at 5am. I have difficulty sleeping, and I slept well each night. I was in room 338 facing the bus terminal, and noticed a noise when I opened the window, but very quiet other than that.

This place is really close to the metro, and I found affordable parking with nice attendants. I was greeted only by the day employees when leaving, so can't give an accurate opinion, but the night crew is great!!!!!! They went out of their way for me.

My only complaint is that they won't accept tips for the valubale services they offer. I am in no way employed by the hotel as I live In NY. There are local stores open for late night needs in case one did not pack essential items.

This hotel is a great place to stay!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Excellent location! We booked this hotel through Hotwire and it definetely isn't more than 2 stars if even that. Bus station is next to this hotel which was a huge advantage because we headed Ottawa after Monteal. A lot of bars and restaurants are in this area. It's not far from the shopping area either (walk ~15min.) so next time I'll book a hotel from this area (Latin quarter) but maybe not exactly this one.

The front desk didn't have too good in English but they were friendly and tried to show us locations and places to go. The room itself was very simplified and there was just a bed and a bathroom. Nothing fancy my any means. Didn't feel too comfortable to leave my stuff on the floor but there wasn't any other place. I wouldn't book a room from this hotel if I'd be staying longer than a night because I'd need to feel more cozy. Basic hotel with no extras. On the positive side, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable so we had a good night sleep. A bit like staying in a hostel but just a bit more expensive..

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

my stay was fine, but when i got my visa statement for june, i noticed a charge of $74.40 on june 22nd.... two days after we'd checked out of the hotel and left the city. i now live in montreal so i decided to go their myself to sort it out. i was told that when i had called a earlier in the month of june to confirm my reservation was on june 16th and not june 17th (my fiance kept telling me it was the 17th so i wanted to make sure i was right), the lady who answers the phone booked me another room for the 17th-20th... even AFTER i had told her numerous times that i was not booking another room. when i went back to the hotel a month later to ask that the charges be taken off, the man i am assuming is the manager insisted it was MY FAULT because i booked another room. he offered me half my money back, and would not give me a full refund until my fiance asked me if i wanted to take it to small claims court (just as a threat). only THEN did he finally give in and give me a full refund for the hotel room i apparently booked when i was ALREADY in the the hotel... make sure you're VERY clear with them, they don't speak the greatest english and tend not to listen to what you're saying so be very clear with them and check your credit card statement at the end of the month.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Single room 1 night stay was a nightmare. The room was dirty, tiny (around 8 square meters). The "breakfast" is rationed to one muffin, one coffee, and one "juice". MORE IMPORTANT: at night all my legs were bitten by a huge bug which I found later in my bed, the itching ruined my next two days when I moved to a decent hotel. Although the have a curfew (!) after 10pm, and "no noise allowed" after that time, people on the floor above were moving furniture all night long.

Wouldn't stay in this dumpster even if they paid me!

If you are on a budget, go to a hostel - would be much cleaner with the same level of privacy and will cost you a third of their price. Or spend 20 bucks more and go to a normal hotel, but this one - forget it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I arrived at the hotel and asked where to park, I was told out front. They even pointed to the spot I should park in. Don't park out front.

So, after I got the parking ticket, I confronted them and they, quite angrily, told me that it was my fault. I waited until the guy who actually told me to park there, was there for the conversation. He stayed silent,

I was told by the woman in charge that I was offered a parking pass when I got there. I received no such offer, she called me a liar.

A liar?

People, don't give such rude, rude people your business.

I told her I would never stay there again and she said "good".

If I have to pay double for a hotel room somewhere else the next time I go to Montreal, I will do so gladly.

Hotel Europeenne, eat it

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two nights , the room was very clean and cozy with its own washroom.The hotel is located in a very convienient location( old montreal, ste-catherine street..)and also right next to the bus terminal.Since we did not know anything about the city, the front desk staff was very helpful.They serve 'continental breakfast' in the morning..(coffee, croissant, oj, and big muffin) which was alright.I have to say this hotel is pretty safe than other hotels on the same street...we saw couple of drugdealers and hookers staying in the front lobby of the other hotels on the same street.overall we had a good experience for a low price.If your on a budget and looking for something nice and quiet stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Europeenne? Share your experiences!