“Biggest disapointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of B&B on the Park

B&B on the Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
B&B on the Park
You added B&B on the Park to your Saves list
1308 Sherbrooke St East, Montreal, Quebec H2L 1M2 , Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #114 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
Northern Ontario
“Biggest disapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

This B&B came highly recommended. After a thorough search on the web, we were taken by its good website.... I have been using B&B all over Canada for twenty years, and I'm always pleased. My mistake here was booking 4 months early for three days. Money being no object, I took the most expensive suite. Because our trip began the day after the Grand Prix, there were no accomodations to be had anywhere. Rooms were blocked off solid for that week. To my surprise, everyone disappears the day after the race and hotels release all kinds of vacancies from Sunday Night on.

I have to admit the B&B was exceptionally clean. (Like the Pictures) Everything else was downhill from there.
The most simple request would become a confrontation. For instance I arrived by taxi in pouring rain at the agreed upon time, to be yelled at through the intercom (Hooked up to the owner's cell phone) that I should have been given an access code. After telling her that I could not get another taxi in the rain,she gave me an access code. Once the door was unlocked, I creeped in the house and found my own room.
Then an hour later, the owner came down to collect her fees for three days.
I was told the A.C. in the room was on and there was an accessible phone in the room for local calls.
The first morning, a very ordinary breakfast served by a very pleasant staff member. We mentioned how warm the room was. The AC was in the hallways only not the rooms. So we adjusted to that, even though it had been one of the reasons we chose the place. Second morning, Plumbing disaster in the washroom . Happens anywhere, no big deal. When we asked for a plunger, all *#*/!! broke loose. We were squarely accused of having caused it and warned if there was water damage below, the consequences would be huge. We tried to diffuse the situation but to no avail. We were thrown a plunger & pail and told that the lady of the house does not clean up her client's mess. We know without a doubt we didn't cause the mess.
Owner told us she hated her business and B&B were nothing but trouble.
Because of the high cost, we opted to stick it out for the last night. Day 3, the owner herself was at breakfast, in a bit of a better mood. Just as we were walking out the door a complete stranger was at her door with his dog, complaining of guests parking in his area. She was in another yelling confrontation, so we quietly left in our taxi without any goodbyes. I fear this kind of attitude could not have been a one time occurrence. With all the hotel rooms or other b&b's in Montreal, I definitely do not recommend the place, unless being yelled at reminds you of home. LOL Better luck next time.

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2004

Louis rents out the two upstairs bedrooms. We stayed in the one called the "Vanilla Spice" room. We don't know why it is called that.

The place is 99% complete except for some electrical installations. The place is very modern and not a traditonal B&B. Since Louis works A LOT he is not there to make breakfast but he leaves everything out for you to help yourselves.

It is about a 10 minute walk to the Lionel-Groulx Metro stop and 5 minutes from the Atwater market. It is a tad to far to walk to downtown but the taxi ride is $C6 and the metro $2.50. The place is spotless!

The feel is that you are sharing Louis' home and he is your friendly guide to Montreal if you run into him

You can see the place at -------------------

The price is right and the location fine. We would stay here the next time in Montreal if Louis will have our kids!

Jack/Robin

• Stayed August 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2004

A first class B&B. B&B on the Park is very well run by Nocile who is the owner. Spotless clean and each room is really well finished out and each time you come it is like you are an old friend. THE FOOD well she dose like to make you happy.Ww have been there 6 times an will go many more times. Karen L. Allen

Been to B&B on the Park? Share your experiences!