“great budget hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa Bella

You added Hotel Casa Bella to your Saves list
Hotel Casa Bella
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   264 Sherbrooke ouest, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1X9, Canada (Quartier des Spectacles)   |
Ranked #99 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Montreal, Canada
“great budget hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

we booked a room with shared bath but was given a room with a private bath! the room was VERY SPACIOUS, big comfortable bed, very clean bathroom with towels (face, hand, and body), bed sheets and comforter were clean and didn't smell at all. guess they do good laundry, thumbs up for that.

only when we first walked in, the room felt slightly stuffy n warm but upon telling the receptionist, they kinda cleared most of the stuffiness and adusted the temperature for us. great friendly receptionist. we didn't go for breakfast, we slept lol cos the bed was too comfy!

their carpets aren't the best but for everything else, i'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night. I was looking for a budget place in downtown Montréal. The location is great and the room was clean. My only complaint is that the breakfast is served at 8:00AM. at 7:50AM I asked the receptionist if I could have something but he flat out told me that he couldn’t help me until 8. I was in a bit of a rush as I was in Montreal on work. so this was disappointing as I had to skip breakfast. Other than that I dont have much to say as I checked in at 11PM and checked out at 7:50AM.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

A friendly place to stay - the reception was helpful with information about the area and friendly. Parking was free, but tight and restricted, it's located behind the hotel in a small parking lot - we had to hand the reception our car keys as they need to shuffle the cars in their parking lot if guests need to get their cars in/out of the parking lot. Room seems a bit dated but was ok and comfortable. They have a microwave and fridge in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've spent one week at Hotel Casa Bella. I was traveling for work and my goal was to be as close as possible to Montréal's downtown, at an affordable rate.

Hotel Casa Bella was the right answer to this specification. I didn't need to spend much time in my room, except for sleeping, so I wasn't looking for fancy services or luxury hotels. I just needed a comfortable room, and wi-fi connection.

I had a shared bathroom (there were 3 rooms sharing the bathroom on the floor, I suppose), and although the hotel was full, I've never experienced any problem or queue due to this.

The wi-fi connection was very good, I was able to make skype calls flawlessy to my collegues and family.

Breakfast was spartane, orange juice, coffe or tea, one toasted slice of break, peanut butter and jelly. It was served directly to my room, because there was no room to have breakfast in.

The room was large enough, the bed was king size, and the mattress perfect. The television was an old one, and the furniture was Ikea's, although quite new. The carpet was a bit old, but they were polishing it every day (unless you were requiring them not to do so).

Everything in the city was at a walking distance, but if you don't want to walk, there is a subway station (Bleury) near the hotel.

The staff was very nice, they promptly responded to any question which I made them.

If you go to Montréal to see the city and not to spend time in your hotel room, than Casa Bella is a good and cheap choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel was great! We normally stay in hostels so staying at Casa Bella was a real treat for the money we spent. The room we had was MASSIVE and included a very clean private bathroom. We had a mini fridge and a microwave, both spotless. WIFI was free and fast, and our room had a flat screen tv, the room also had a mini electric heater in case it got too cold.

For a place that includes free parking, wifi and continental breakfast you really can't go wrong. The hotel is in walking distance of St Laurent street which is packed with bars and restraunts.

Before booking this hotel we checked reviews and some of them were really bad. In reality if you're used to staying in 4 star hotels then yes, you'll have have a few things to say. You can tell the hotel itself was very old but that just adds character. For the location, cost and what came with the room I'd say this is the best budget hotel in Montreal! I would stay here again 100%.

Room Tip: We had a room ont he first floor which was great because we didn't have to walk upstairs. There...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Don't expect luxury. Staff really helpful. Car park a bit small but entrance up fire escape handy. Can't complain. Was boxed in carpark but quickly sorted when needed to leave. Close to police station if you need it.

• Stayed October 2012
Westfield, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed in room 9 up on the third floor. Be aware that there is not an elevator in the hotel, and that the hallways are narrow, and the stairs are steep and narrow. The bed was clean and free of bed bugs, but the floor was not all that clean (very dusty and dirty). The shower had an awful stench that smelled as if something had been dead in there for weeks, and the towels were quite small. The bed was comfortable, but the frame seemed wobbly and unstable. Road noise was not an issue unless an emergency vehicle was going by blaring their siren. The wifi had adequate strength and speed for our needs. The parking is free, but the first night they didn't have any room in their lot for my car (they can only fit 6 to 8 cars in their lot at a time). The free breakfast was good (2 cressants, 2 slices of toast, butter, peanut butter, jelly, and your choice of coffee, tea, or orange juice) and was brought up to your room when requested. It was a good hotel for the money spent, but if you can afford it, try to spend a little more to stay at somewhere nicer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Casa Bella? Share your experiences!