“Absolutely wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
New Haven, Connecticut
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This lovely Bed & Breakfast is clean and modern, yet cozy and warm. This has a lot to do with the inviting and gracious nature of its host, Philippe. The B&B is conveniently located near the metro and has safe, private parking available. There is a computer available for public use and there is wifi as well. The breakfast was fresh and delicious! I would be remiss if I didn't recommend Philippe's breakfast sandwich to all future guests. There are maps and brochures available for first-time visitors to Montreal. The location is on a quieter residential street, which makes for a great night's rest, while just a block away you are on a main street with a variety of shops, restaurants, bars, and clubs to choose from. I could go on and on about what a wonderful experience we had at BBV. I would recommend it highly to anyone and I would definitely stay here again on any future visit to this beautiful city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Oakland Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

BBV is clean, even the shared bathroom! Phillippe and Nicolas are wonderful hosts. They take the time to help you maximize your stay, explaining and providing literature that you may need. The location is perfect 1/2 block from Rue St Catherine. Property has 2 outside balconies and one inside area where you can sit and relax, have a few drinks before heading out. Met other guest who were repeat visitors. If I am back in Montreal I will be a repeat visitor.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Location is fantastic! Walkable to old Montreal and downtown St. Catherine Street! Free wifi, free breakfast, super clean, excellent location and private parking available at a good price! What more could you want! Thank you Nicolas and Philippe!

Sincerely Yours,

Ian & Lorraine

Room Tip: all the rooms are good!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The location is fantastic. Walking distance to old Montreal, St. Denis Street (Latin Quater) and close to two metro stations.We went there during Grand Prix and it took us about 20 minutes to get to the race track (including walking and Metro). The BBV is located in the gay village. People in the neighbourhoood are friendly and most shops/restaurants have no problem communicating in English.

We stayed at the cottage (full suite with bathroom). It's very clean. You have a full kitchen, a dining/living area, and bedroom/bathroom on the second floor. Breakfast is NOT included. However, the owner accomodated breakfast for us anyways, because he forgot to mention about this condition prior to our booking.

We also loved their animal ambassador -- a medium-size English shepherd (not 100% sure). She is super cute!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
St Lazare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The location is great. The city is right on the door step. I was in walking distance to many attractions and for sightseeing further afield, the metro is just around the corner. Being so central makes seeing Montreal so much easier.
Philippe and Nicolas (the owners) were such welcoming hosts. When I arrived, checking in was so fast and easy. I was shown around the bed & breakfast which is modern, airy and very clean.
A really nice touch was that breakfast, with many choices, was available around a huge table where I met other guests and shared tips and things to do around the city.
I can't wait for my next stay in Montreal. See you soon Philippe & Nicolas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the BBV in Montreal and I loved it! The location is perfect - right in the heart of the gay village and just steps from a metro station that connects you with the entire city. The room I had was immaculate and modern and the stay was good value for the price. The element of this Bed and Breakfast, however, that made it stand out for me was the personal touch. Breakfast is served in the main kitchen around a massive wooden table, and every morning the table was full. Guests shared their experiences in Montreal, asked each other the inevitable questions: where to go, what to do and when was the best time to do it. Philippe, the gracious host, while being attentive to everyone's needs at the breakfast table (they have many options - I don't eat wheat and there were lots of alternatives) acted also as a tourist guide. He seemed to know everything about the city, and had an answer or suggestion to every guest's inquiry. Also, when breakfast was over Philippe or Nicolas (the other host) were always available to answer questions. For me, this B&B offered a perfect combination of a great room in a great location, privacy when you wanted it but the opportunity to socialize and meet people when you wanted that too, and very personalized service from friendly hosts that really know what's happening in their city and are eager to share this knowledge with their guests. I will definitely be staying here the next time I visit Montreal, and I recommend wholeheartedly this B&B to anyone that gets to go to Montreal!

Thanks Philippe and Nicolas for the great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We made plans to stay for 4 nights at the B & B during the Jazz Festival weekend. We had to change our plans due to a wedding in Quebec City. Instead of needing 4 nights, we needed 2 nights, 1 night in Quebec City, and the final night in Montreal..We called Phillipe, the owner to change the reservation...He was very angry and told me that we take either 2 nights or 4 nights...I told him that I would call him back..We decided to take 2 nights...He said no way, it's either 4 nights or nothing!!! We said we would take 4 nights and we hung up...He called me back and said we were not welcome, that we were very rude people, it's his home, we are not welcome at his home and that he was canceling our reservation...We were totally appalled at this rude behavior and would never recommend doing business with this hostile operation. This experience clearly demonstrates that this person should not be in the hospitality business, nor in any business for that matter!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ysebaert p, Owner at Bed & Breakfast du Village - BBV, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We are very sorry to read about your bad experience you had. We notice your review is based on a call that was made during your reservation process.

As mentioned on our website, a minimum stay of 3 to 4 nights is required during special events. By changing your reservation into 2 days, we could no longer take your reservation. As agreed on the phone, your reservation was cancelled, free of charge.

Providing the best service to our customers is one of our key values, and we will do anything in our power, with heart and soul, to ensure our guests’ stay in Montreal is unforgettable. It is a pity we were unable to prove you so.

We sincerely hope you still have a nice stay in Montreal, despite your first impression.

Been to Bed & Breakfast du Village - BBV? Share your experiences!