“A good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa
“A good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First time visiting this Marriott hotel. It's just south of Sherbrooke st near Atwater... A good central place in Montreal. The room quality was very good and they upgraded me to a one bedroom suite without asking due to my Marriott Silver status. The breakfast was very good - the usual Marriott quality. I would stay here again..

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Orangeville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was clean and comfortable, but dated. Needs more variety for breakfast, I am not a big fan of precooked scrambled eggs and would have liked there to be hard boiled eggs as an alternative.
One Elevator was broken on the weekend and waiting 15 minutes to get one up or down for breakfast was frustrating when you had other things to do. My floor was too high to even consider walking up the stairs.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I have been a Marriott customer for the last ten years, during which I've stayed 600 nights or so. This was by far the worst experience. I booked on phone to let them know I'd be arriving early. The nice woman on the phone said no problem, she could arrange that. I live in San Francisco and the transit brought me in at 6 AM. I get to the desk exhausted and am told there's no room. Fine, when does housekeeping begin? Around 8 I'm told. I return at 8, still no room. I go for breakfast and a bloody mary cause I need one now. I return at 11, nearly comatose and there's still no room for a reservation that stated a room at 6am. I did not get into my room until 1230 and it seemed that the gentleman at the desk took special pains to delay my check in. So housekeeping arrives at 8 and it takes until 1230 to turn a single room?

I've noticed a falloff in service recently but this was the worst of my recent experiences. Maybe the Marriott experience is no longer that different from what you might get now at what I used to consider lesser brands, like Starwood. Very disappointing for a long time customer.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
MarieLoevenbruck, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Westmount, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Mr Bob,

I am terribly sorry you are disappointed with your recent stay at our property. Please know that we take all comments to heart and share them with the team leaders in order to improve our service to all our guest. We try our very best to accommodate all of our guests with all of their requests whenever possible, unfortunately, during a busy weekend, it is very hard to accommodate early check ins. We would greatly appreciate if you would please contact us so we may rectify this situation immediately. You may reach us at info@residencemontreal.com.

Management
Ocean Park, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I liked this hotel. The breakfasts are very good with a varied selection each of the 4 days that I was there. There was a major problem with the elevators over the weekend which was very tough on the people that had to use the stairs of this 20 story hotel. They appeared to be fixed on Monday and the occupancy rate was much lower than the weekend. My room was very nice and very clean. The front desk people were very nice and helpful. I would go back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom (with two beds) room and we thought it was great! There was myself, my husband and our two kids (8 & 10). We were here Easter Weekend (April 2014) and had an awesome time! Our car was low so it was able to fit in the garage. Service was great! The breakfast was excellent - I think the best Marriott breakfast I have seen! There is tons of seating and the food was excellent! They even gave the kids a couple of easter eggs while we were there! It was only a few minutes walk to St. Catherine's Street and in the very nice neighbourhood of Westmount. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Montreal!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite on the 11th floor. Although the hotel is not modern, it has been well maintained and is very clean and functional. The suite was well appointed with everything needed in an apartment when eating in. Parking for the car was at a cost, but comforting to know that it was in a secure garage. Beware people with 4WDs - there is a height restriction into the garage.
The location of the hotel, while a bit out of the city is very close to Atwater Metro Station which made it easy to get to and from the city and its attractions. A multi day metro pass are fantastic value. Above Atwater Station is a shopping mall with restaurants, pharmacy, and a large IGA supermarket which catered for all tastes.
Breakfast is included and Wifi is available. The breakfast is not a large range of choices but more than adequate. There are a number of waffle machines to make your own waffles and these are very popular.
The staff are helpful and friendly. There is a small shop in the foyer in case you need anything quickly.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Hudson Heights Qc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

Standard N. American hotel, with nice suite features, kitchen etc. Good service and nice staff. BUT - garage only takes cars less than 5 feet 6 inches high - our car is an SUV! So had to unload car - 3 trips kerb to elevator. Drove to recommended remote lot - but this was open air lot vulnerable to any passer by, so drive to Alexis Nihon Plaza - covered supervised lot. Then walked the 10 mins back to the hotel. Will not stay here again simply because of lack of on site parking.

Free Wifi was the easiest to connect I have experienced.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
MarieLoevenbruck, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Westmount, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
Dear Johnwhnsn,

We thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately, our garage does have a clearance of 5 feet 6 inches which does not fit most vans, SUV and trucks. We absolutely understand your concerns regarding an outdoor parking however, this one in particular is surveyed by security guards as it does belong to a school and we have never had a bad experience there. On the other hand, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the suite's features, staff and Wi-Fi. We thank you again for your comments.

Management

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Westmount? Share your experiences!