“Weekend Getaway” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Burlington, Vermont
“Weekend Getaway”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Average hotel at best. The location is about a mile from the "downtown" hub of Montreal. Parking was an issue. When I arrived I was told my car was too big for onsite parking (Mazda). I had to park a few blocks away in an open air public lot. The machine at the lot charged me double - not sure why. When I inquired at the desk they gave me a number and told me to call on Monday for a refund. First, they had the number handy so I'm guessing I'm not the first to have this issue. Second, there is no mention of car size on the webpage for this hotel. Third, I'm not going to call some random parking lot international number to try and recoup my money.

Food was also average - but then again it was free w/the room. What can you expect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Westmount, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear N K,

We would first like to thank you for giving us feedback concerning your stay at our property as we strive to offer outstanding service and comments like yours help us improve ourselves and to better service our guests. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you had with the parking, however the clearance is clearly stated on our website. Would you be so kind to let us know which site you booked your room so we can make the necessary adjustments immediately to avoid this situation in the future.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Westmount is an old world style hotel. Our room was a mini suite with a kitchen and dining area. It was not large but more than adequate. This hotel is easily found and close to most of Montreals attractions. The famed underground shopping is an easy 15 minute walk. The front desk staff were super. They helped with taxis, tours, directions and helpful suggestions. Really nice to deal with. Parking is below the hotel, safe and resonably priced at $20. Breakfast was very good. Cereals, hot and cold, waffles, muffins fresh fruit, eggs and meat were all available. The hotel has 2 fairly small and slow elevators that caused some grumbling but I didn't mind them. I would happily stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Westmount, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Tim J,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on Trip Advisor. Please be advised that your warm comments will definitely be forwarded to our staff!
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount and that you will be visiting us in the future. Please contact us directly before your next visit and it would be a pleasure to make your next stay as enjoyable.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Front desk staff, a.m. complimentary breakfast and evening substantial snack all exceeded expectations. Not sure what other reviewers expected. Room was very comfortable, location was great. Parking can be a bit of a challenge but it turned out totally fine for us.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was staying in Montreal for 2 days and used Marriott pts. Going in I knew that this was NOT the Ritz, but the location was fine and the "price was right". The staff at the front desk was extremely helpful. The room was clean but quite small, perhpas this was because I used pts. The breakfast both days exceded expectations and there was a small snack in the early evening, which held me over before dinner. Parking is pricey but thats the norm for a big city. I would return again

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Westmount, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Philpoo, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Residence Inn Westmount with trip advisor travellers ! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are planning to come back to the Residence Inn by Marriott again in the future! Feel free to contact us directly so that we can arrange the perfect stay for you! Kind Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was surprisingly impressed by the Residence Inn Westmont. The hotel was clean and stylish with sizable rooms, a kitchenette, and great views. The staff was friendly and attentive, and there was a well-stocked, complimentary hot breakfast. The neighborhood doesn't look that interesting at first, but it's only a couple of blocks from the Metro. For a budget hotel, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolima
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in the middle of great areas for food and things to do. The rooms are old, small and dark. The perimeter of the carpet in the rooms was dusty dirty, carpet had spots, bathrooms are small. Shower water pressure was low one day and ok the next, hot water was not consistent, sometimes you had it sometime you did not. Had a problem with the iton in the room, 4 calls and no fix, took it to the front desk and it still took them several hours to replace it. As a Platinum traveler trying to work and get home, find another place, you don't get a good feeling from the place. Parking is difficult, $20 a day and you must have a small car, 5'6" is all the higher that fits. Breakfast was marginal, you get what you pay for in a free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Westmount, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Jimmy McFly,

Thank you for choosing a Marriott property for your recent stay. We were glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and we hope you had the time to discover the neighbourhood’s shops and activities. As for all the other points you mentioned, we are looking into each one of them with our team leaders. Thank you for taking the time to report to us your likes and dislikes of the hotel and to have shared your experience with us. Comments like yours are very important to us as they allow us to improve ourselves and service our guest better. Should the occasion arise for you to be in Montreal again it would please us greatly to have the opportunity of welcoming you again and make certain you have a vey pleasant stay with us.

New London, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at dozens of Marriott's and Residence Inn's over the years (being a former platinum member and current gold member) and I have to say this is the worst, far below the standard I ave come to expect from a Residence Inn.The only thing going for this place is it is in a great location, within steps of the Atwater subway station and an endless amount of restaurants, bars and shops. Close to nice parks, grocery stores and a movie theatre The view off the north side of the building above the 10th or so floor is very nice.

The condition of the hotel is deplorable, completely falling apart, It is quite obvious in the parking garage or balconies. The building appears to be an ancient apartment building with a fresh clumpy coat of paint slapped on it (this is speculation), which would be fine but it obviously was not designed to be a hotel. This is extremely apparent while waiting 10+minutes (not an exaggeration) for one of the two tiny elevators in this high rise. The guests and staff seem to be constantly battling each other for an elevator and sometimes even after waiting 10+ minutes, the elevator will finally arrive completely filled with a cleaning cart or through riders so you are forced to wait again (I have climbed the stairs 10 stories a number of times). Honestly no joke I am writing these words as I wait for the elevator in the lobby! Sometimes there is a large crowd piled up in the lobby waiting for a turn in the elevator. The car park is like a dungeon, which is fine but the key card access is failing and I often end up waiting for a staff member to come out and open the door.

Contrary to most Residence Inn's I've stayed in the fridge is about the size of a shoebox, making an extended stay very difficult. The kitchen appears to be freshly remodeled and overall nice, not so much for the rest of the room, ratty carpet, failing fixtures and a lack of light make the room uncomfortable to stay in. Cleaning personnel seem to be doing a good job for what they are up against, although I did wake up one morning with vomit on my balcony (from above I suspect) and it wasn't cleaned my entire stay. Some of the air conditioners seemed to be working ok, while others were making noises I've only heard in bowling alleys (I was here with a group so I was in a few different rooms throughout my stay).

The wireless Internet is a joke (as is most Marriott's) forget streaming or making video calls home on Skype. Even with a strong wireless signal, the service is too slow for anything more than very basic duties. I suggest bringing a travel router with and using the hard line connection provided, it is better.

Although they offer a morning breakfast with plenty of options I would stay away from the eggs and meat, I don't know where they get them but they are most certainly not real and taste disgusting. The breads and muffins are hard and taste like shoe leather which is unfortunate since there are some very good bakeries closeby. I would recommend eating breakfast elsewhere but this seems to be the norm in the Canadian Marriott's I've stayed in.

The staff is friendly and helpful, I just feel bad for them as they have to deal with this repulsive property.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Westmount, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear CheapAssTraveler,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience during your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments as we are constantly striving to improve the level of quality offered by the hotel. We were sorry to read your disappointment about your stay and please be aware that we have shared your remarks with our Team Leaders in order to take the appropriate actions to improve ourselves wherever possible.

Should you decide to return to Montreal and give us another try, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

The Management

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott - Montreal Westmount? Share your experiences!