“Great location, nice hotel, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Versailles

You added Le Meridien Versailles to your Saves list
Le Meridien Versailles
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1808, Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec H3H 1E5, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #69 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Hamilton, Canada
“Great location, nice hotel, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here very much, the location was great and near everything. The staff are very friendly and polite. The hotel room was nice, the only annoying thing was parking, it was very frustrating not being from Montreal and not being able to locate parking finally we called the desk and told us, so we put it in the GPS and found it as it is nearby but behind a fence at a school and if you are not familiar with the area you must likely will miss it driving by. I would return and would recommend this hotel, I would just get the address of the parking even though it's on the street so you won't miss it. :) Oh and the bed is really comfy, made me not want to leave.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MassimoLeMeridien, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your journey with us! We love hearing when our guests enjoy their experience. The self parking can be a little tricky to find as it is with the College near by. I do apologize for this. Thank you very much for leaving us with this great review. We look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Warm regards,
Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed a couple of times in past week or so. First time was upgraded significantly-was a nice surprise having a 360 view of Montreal for once instead of the side of a building. The room was dated but clean, functionable, and met all my need and then some.
For a business traveler, it is an awesome location. Public Transportation can get you nearby easily, it is centrally located and if driving, its easy to get to and the valets are TOPS.

As others have noted, some rooms are dated and some are newer. I had <both> in the past week with the newer one still having that freshly painted smell, albeit very faint. The hotel is obviously updating and I don't hold that against them-for the dated rooms, I have paid triple the price recently and had twice as "dated."
For the tummy, lots of stuff in the area and the hotel dining just updated the menu and it is GREAT!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review! I am elated to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms! We hope to see you return to us soon!

Warm regards,
White Rock, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've stayed here before and I have to say I was a little disappointed with my visit. I usually associate the Meridien brand with a higher standard and it wasn't up to my expectations. The "in-room" coffee blend was rotgut... Barely drinkable.
The bathroom had a musty smell - I left the front-desk know and they told me that was surprising since the room had just been renovated.
The carpet on my floor was worn and looked ratty in some places.
On the other hand, the location of the hotel is superb. Close to the Museum of Fine Arts and close to the business centre. The staff is helpful and friendly.
Don't think I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback towards your most recent stay. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satifisied with your experience. I do see that you said you were placed in a renovated room with a "musty" smell. I too, am surprised. I will defienetly be speaking with the housekeeping departement to ensure that they're triple checking each room. Things such as the carpet and that shouldnt be looking bad as it is brand new. I sincerely do apologize. If you do decide to return please contact Mr. Derek Lee or Mrs. Amanda Campbell and they will be more then happy to help you with your reservation.

Warm Regards,
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I grew up in Montreal, live in Calgary now. Wanted to spend a few days Downtown during the hockey playoffs while visiting relatives. This is a medium-small boutique hotel, just north of the Guy Metro stop by a 5 minute walk, with Dépanneur, restaurants and residences in between.

Very friendly, helpful hotel staff - after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to ask for an upgraded room when I phoned ahead the day of my arrival, I was willing to wait that day if needed for one. No problem, and it was delightful. I had a magnificent view towards Mount Royal I spent a fair amount of time in the room as it was Easter Weekend and mostly was out to eat, and going to Hockey .. walked to the Bell Centre and enjoyed Creperies, Single Slice made to order pizza places, and there were unlimited options to do fine dining and enjoy beverages of choice all the way. I loved the crystal "disco" ball in the room, lol I want one now! and the paint and moldings, large mirror, just added room character to a building with a facade of character .. if you don't appreciate the view of the hotel from the outside, you just haven't spent enough time appreciating the architecture of Montreal yet.

I did get a very reasonable price and hope that is maintained, but I will check anytime I return to visit relatives, or sporting, shopping, concerts, any reason I want some time Downtown Montreal to check out Le Meridien Versailles first.

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor facing Mount Royal love that, it was a smaller room according to the evacuat...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
MassimoLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this fantastic review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your journey here with us! It always puts a smile on our face when are guests get the full experience of our property and our city! It's also great to see that you were able to enjoy one of our newly renovated rooms as well! Again, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with such great feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Got a room (1 king bed) for good price. Hotel staff are very friendly. Room was small but newly updated. Not much space to move around. Washrooms are also very small. Corridors are painted dark and are also narrow. Makes it very claustrophobic. Internet was free.

Pros:
Price
Location
Helpful hotel staff
Cleanliness of the rooms
Newly updated room

Cons:
Small reception area
Dark, Poorly lit elevators
Narrow corridors
Small room
Small washroom

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback towards your post recent experience with us! It's great to see that you were able to enjoy one of our newly renovated rooms! Unfortunately with the size of the hotel we weren't exactly able to make the washroom area bigger. I do hope you will return to us in the future. Again thank you for taking to the time to leave us a nice review!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Went on a girls trip and spent 2 nights at this hotel at the end of March. The front desk girl Joanna was very nice! Our room wasn't ready as we arrived early but they got us in as soon as possible. The front desk staff was always helpful with suggestions of where to go and eat. The concierge, I believe his name was Jacques, was super nice as well! The room was perfect for 2 girls, clean and roomy. Hotel was short walk to museum of fine arts and rue st.catherine.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for much for your great review! I will be sure that Joanna receives your kind words! We love to hear when our guests are able to enjoy your experience with us and within the City! Again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Meridien Versailles is a hotel with modern styling in an older building. The rooms were recently renovated nicely, are very nice in size, but they did not finish the job and maintenance needs to be done. My rooms was very nice, but the bathroom ceiling was peeling and the TV reception was poor. The location is very nice and the staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
MassimoLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review towards your most recent experience. I am disappointed to see that everything wasn't exactly great for you. We are still doing small touch ups with the great feedback that all our guests are giving us. I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you during your journey. I do hope that you will give us another try in the future. Again thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback!

Been to Le Meridien Versailles? Share your experiences!