“Stay somewhere else” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Versailles

You added Le Meridien Versailles to your Saves list
Le Meridien Versailles
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1808, Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec H3H 1E5, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #69 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Bel Air
“Stay somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

OK it would have gotten one star except the staff is wonderful...The Hotel is worn out..The rooms are small and they only have valet parking for $27.00 per night. I would expect this kind of room at a Day's Inn but ugh this place is really a poor excuse for a 4 star hotel. Lots of other hotels in as good or better location for a lot less money...Only stayed here because our booked hotel water supply broke so they moved us here. Our previous 3 star hotel DuFort was far superior but now is closing for good. The hallways are narrow and ours was substantially blocked by a roll-away bed...So far for only about 6 hours but no movement is apparent for now.

Room Tip: They may have better rooms but we never saw one.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize that the rooms were not up to par. I would like to inform you that the hotel is in fact going through a complete renovations including all rooms and public areas. I can assure you that our property will look completely different and up to brand standards. In terms of the issue you encountered with the cot, I do apologize for the inconvenience. I have informed the department head about the matter and she is dealing with it in the appropriate fashion to ensure it does not arise again. We thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Sandie Moran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights. I was here for business and the room was booked and paid for by the company I was a guest of. Not really impressed by the quality of the rooms although the staff was very nice and pleasant. I want to give it a lower score but "poor" is too harsh, just inadequate.

I must have not gotten a renovated room because the bathroom was terrible. The shower head had NO pressure, it was a trickle and it took forever to be able to get the shampoo out of my hair. The toilet ran constantly and on the first day, the sink wouldn't drain because the stopper wouldn't stay open. I stuck a plastic drink stirrer under the stopper to keep it open, and the maid must have gotten the hint because the next morning the stopper was fixed.

I didn't sleep at all the 4 nights I was there because the beds were rock solid. I tossed and turned all the nights I was there and woke with a sore back, shoulders, and neck.

I ordered room service one night because I was tired and didn't feel like going out. The hotel room service is provided by an Italian restaurant next door called RIDI. I totally understand that room service is expensive and it is mainly for convenience, so I was prepared to pay too much for what I got, except what I got was so much less than appropriate. I'll attach a photo of my meal- I got pasta and dessert. It was $50, which would have been OK if the portion was bigger, if it came with bread and butter, and if the server had been nice enough to add a glass of tap water, some salt and pepper, and maybe a side of parmesean. Once you see the photo, you'll know what I mean. I was appalled to pay $50 for my meal. Angry, even.

Otherwise, it's in a good location. But for me, someone who has to travel a lot for work, the comfort of the bed and the ability to take a relaxing long shower mean everything in a hotel to me and Le Meridien Versailles didn't cut it, at all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Firstly, in terms of the room, we apologize that it was not up to par. We are going through a complete renovations of the hotel, only 3 floors have been completed. All rooms including bathrooms, will be remodelled. The renovation does include new beds that are up to our brand standard. Upon your next stay, please contact me and I will ensure you are put in a renovated room.

We apologize for the issues you encountered in the washroom. The message was passed on to the Director of Maintenance that will ensure all the issues are resolved. We would also like to apologize on behalf of the restaurant for the room service. The restaurant is not owned by the hotel, but I will definitely ensure the message is passed on to the chef to ensure that this problem does not occur in the future.

Please let us know the next time you decide to travel to Montreal, I will ensure that you have a great stay with us.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Excellent location and access to the many areas of Montreal we wanted to explore. Terrific service. We would stay here again without question. Our only concern was that the heater did not work in our room, but this was quickly addressed when we spoke with the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review about your stay with us, we value all our guests opinion. I am glad to hear that the heating situations was rectified after speaking with our staff. We hope that you will stay with us in the near future and enjoy our property and city! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contacts us.

Weatogue, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visit Montreal every September and have stayed here for several days at a time for the last 4 years. It is not opulent by any means--the lobby is postcard-sized--but the staff is welcoming and attentive, the rooms are comfortable and affordable (especially if you are a Starwood member and use Cash & Points), and the location cannot be beat. It is just a couple of blocks to a Metro stop, walking distance to Crescent, St. Catherine, tons of restaurants and shops, and the art museums. The staff informed us that it will be undergoing renovations from top to bottom so by next fall I expect it will be upgraded nicely. Regardless, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Great bakery/cafe a block up Sherbrooke called OPlaisirs where you can start the day with excellent...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review towards our hotel and associates! I am extremely happy to see how loyal you're with us! Our associates will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed their service so much! That is in fact correct, we are undergoing renovations at the moment. All guests rooms will be completed first, and then we will move on to the other areas of the hotel such as the lobby. I cant wait for you to come back and enjoy our newly renovated rooms and hotel! Again thank you for very much for your loyalty and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the Le Meridien for 3 nights and enjoyed it. The location was perfect and in short distance to most of the main attractions (helped by the fact that the subway was so close)

The reception area was very small, as was the gym. But my room, whilst quite dated, was very comfortable and quiet.

All in all, I would definitely recommend the Le Meridien if you are staying in Montreal for a vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review towards our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. I would like to mention that we are undergoing renovations at the moment and have almost completed our 3 floor. The next areas will be the public areas (i.e.. lobby, gym, business center). I do hope you will return next time you're in Montreal and be able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms. Again I would sincerely like to thank you for your feedback, and hope to see you in the future!
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice European style hotel near the Museum of Fine Art. We had a junior suite--good space but the furniture was a little worn. I’m sure the renovated rooms are fine. My major quibble with the hotel is the AC system. ours produced either frigid air or none at all and had trouble holding a comfortable temperature. The staff was uniformly helpful and friendly. The hotel has a tiny lobby so there’s no public space but it does have an upscale Italian restaurant on the first floor and there are numerous restaurants within walking distance. I’m not sure that the hotel fits with other, more lavish, Le Méridien hotels that we’ve stayed in, but the pleasant Euro vibe means I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent feedback towards your experience with us. I am glad to hear that our associates were able to accommodate you during your stay. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the problems with your a/c, we are in the process of having them changed over. I would also like to mention that we are undergoing renovations at the moment as well! All the guest rooms will be done ( 2 floors completed so far) and then the lobby area will be done. We will be expanding the lobby/ public area to make it more larger for our guests. I do hope that you will return to us once our renovations have been completed! Again I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and it was excellent. The first night we had a room on the top floor and we could hear the hum from the machinery in the roof. It probably wouldn't bother most people but I am such a light sleeper. The room itself was really nice and we had such an amazing view of the mountain and interesting buildings. I hated to give the room up but I needed better sleep. The next day the staff took incredibly good care of us to make sure we were moved to a quiet room on the 6th floor. This new room was also really nice. It had updated super modern decor and a spa tub which we enjoyed. The view was still very nice and we could still see some of the mountain and buildings. The staff was great. Always very friendly and helpful. They took great care of us. The hotel is very clean. The location was awesome. There were places we could walk to to get food, groceries, beer and drinks out. Walking distance to Crescent Street which is fabulous for dining and drinks. Only two blocks from a subway stop which made it very easy to get around the city. An overall fabulous stay. We didn't want to check out! We loved this hotel and will stay here again when visiting Montreal.

Room Tip: When visiting Montreal, the subway is amazing and a great way to get around. Buy the several day pas...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback towards our hotel. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here with us and that we were able to few our newly renovated rooms. I would like to apologize for having to switch rooms. I do hope that you will return in the future once all renovations have been completed and enjoy everything else we have to offer! Again thank you very much for your feedback.

Been to Le Meridien Versailles? Share your experiences!