“REBE5” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Versailles

You added Le Meridien Versailles to your Saves list
Le Meridien Versailles
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1808, Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec H3H 1E5, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #70 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“REBE5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel in our opinion is centrally located, very close to a metro station, aesily accesible to all attractions.
The staff and service were excellent. The valet service was excellent.
The room was spacious, very clean and confortable. There was ample room for our luggage,coats and boots.A nice little touch, a little table with 2 chairs, wine glasses and a bottle opener at the ready. In all we had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your postitive feed back, we are pleased that we were able to provide a well received experiance here at Le Meridien Versailles.

I will make sure to pass along your praise to all of our associaties and look forward to welcoming you back. Just a heads up that we do have a new artists who will be going our wall of fame! Keep posted by visiting LeMeridien.com/montreal.

Kind regards,
S.Moran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is overall nice, and slightly away from major attractions yet just a short cab ride away from everything. The reason I'm setting a negative review is the service staff.

I checked my car in with the valet, and wanted to reclaim my car.
After waiting for 30 minutes, the lobby service person told me that the valet locked the keys in the car, as he was attempting to open the door of the garage in which my car was parked in.

After at least 15 minutes of debate and figuring out what to do, the lobby service personnel called CAA (equivalent to AAA in the US) to come unlock the door.

I insisted to see the car, so I walked over to the nearby parking lot, finding my car next to the parking attendant. As I reached out for my car's door handle to check that it is indeed locked, the door handle feel on the floor. The parking attendant BROKE my car door handle, and then placed it back on the door to make it appear to be normal!

I can only assume that he tried to pull very hard on the handle when he noticed he had locked the keys in the car, and broke it.

I gave my information to the hotel staff, and they said that their manager would call the next day. I did not receive any call. So the following day, I called and left my information. Still no call back. I did that twice, before giving up.

I was UNABLE to reach the manager of the hotel, whom I assume are choosing to ignore my call. This occurred in the early morning of December 29th.

Be careful of the bad management!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
SandieLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I did receive the report from the 29th of December, 2012 concerning the incident with your "Visitors Car”. We were given 2 local telephone numbers, in Montreal for which messages have been left on a daily basis. We do need to speak to you in order to process the claim with the Insurance Company.

We are extremely sorry for all the inconveniences that this has caused you and your guests. The overnight valet service is an outsourced company that we have recently been working with. They have been advised and provided with all of your information. I have also instructed them to contact you directly.

Please note, we cannot move forward until you reach out to us. We do want to rectify the situation. I believe the associate did his best to resolve the situation when it happened. However we do need you to reach out to us i
Please call the hotel and ask for the Administrative Assistant.

Best Regards.
S. Moran
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Montreal has lots of excellent hotels, especially if money is no object. The Meridien is a gem...slightly off the beaten path (meaning close to shopping/museums, but not in the Old City), but a quick $4-5 cab ride or Metro from anything you might want to do. It is walking distance (5 minutes) to the bustle of Crescent Street (meaning many restaurants, though some decidedly touristy) and all of the shopping etc. on St. Catherine Street. You can walk a few blocks for a nightcap at the Ritz, grab snacks at a little grocery right across the street from the hotel, and maybe even score on-street parking (thought the valet is a very reasonable $25/day, in and out as many times as you want).

Montreal is a fantastic city to visit as a couple, with friends, or even with kids. The food is some of the best you'll find anywhere (try Mezcla, if you can get in!), and the city is safe and beautiful. In the summer, don't miss the Botanical Gardens. If you've got kids with you, go to the Biodome and Olympic Park.

As for the hotel itself - small, European style lobby. The onsite restaurant is good. Breakfast is a little overpriced, but the dining room is pretty. You could skip it and find a Tim Horton's, Starbucks or bakery within a short walk. Rooms are clean and furnished nicely. Bathrooms are small and slightly outdated. Bed was extremely comfortable, and the hotel has robes, nice toiletries and a good mini-bar. I've stayed at the hotel 6-7 times, and have never been disappointed with a room, though I think the best rooms face Sherbrooke Street. There are 2-3 club floors which require a key to access in the elevator. Larger rooms easily accommodate 2 adults/2 kids.

I highly recommend this hotel, with the caveat that it is not the fanciest or most central. It is, however, the best value for the money in Montreal, and that is why I go back to it over and over.

Room Tip: Facing Sherbrooke Street, club floors are higher up, corner rooms are the biggest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Halton Hills, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a nice hotel almost in the heart of the downtown. Very small, modern and funky elevator music in keeping with the museum theme and area. The staff was very nice and check in and out was very speedy and my requests were met pleasantly and acted upon quickly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel itself is still in downtown Montreal, but more in the museum area. The check-in was speedy and done in a friendly manner. I'm a Starwoods Gold member and was upgraded to a penthouse room, which was great. The room itself was very welcoming - I entered to the lights nicely lit, with classical music playing. The room has a kureig machine, which is great! There is a mini-bar and in-room safe, but I didn't use either. The bathroom was a decent size, and the bed was super comfy. My stay was over the daylights savings time, so there was a note left along with a welcome letter - they also adjusted the time so that was all taken care of. They had turn-down service and left bottled water and chocolates. The elevator is also an experience, it has mood lighting and sounds of nature - neat idea. Check-out was a breeze and the doorman hailed a cab in less than 10 seconds. All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Hotel was in a good location. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly. I'd say this is a 3.5+ start hotel. It is not as nice as other Meridiens, but overall a good experience. It is walking distance to the main shops and restaurants (Sainte-Catherine).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Really enjoyed the our stay over Veterans Day. The hotel is small, which allows the staff to focus on guests. The service is really personal. Breakfast service is a cold buffet and includes yogurt, dried fruit and granola, really good mini Croissants and delicious breads. The servers at the breakfast knew us by the second day and before we were seated had our coffee and tea.

Location is not the greatest, but it is a short walk to the subway and very close to McGill, the Art Museum, and other sites. It is easy to get to the old city and to other attractions.

Our room was a beautiful corner room with a king bed, a sitting area with a sofa and a wet bar. We really liked the open air vent that allowed us to get fresh air even though the windows did not open. Peeked into a deluxe queen room and it was nice but not a corner.

Of note is the front desk staff and their helpfulness with restaurant recommendations, walking directions and maps.

Pet peeve - When the US- Can $ is 98 - 102 trade at par with the guests. It makes almost no difference to the hotel, but it makes guests feel welcome. (restaurants in the area traded at par this weekend.) So I used US $ rather than Amex to pay some checks.

Room Tip: See if you can get a corner or at least a queen deluxe or a corner, try for a xx54 room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Versailles? Share your experiences!