“wonderful people” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 164 hotels in Montreal
Yarmouth, Maine, United States
“wonderful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This a wonderful hotel with a wonderful staff. Melissa and Jean-Christophe and Jonathan and André and Marie-Philippe and Luisa and Albert each gave me personal and friendly attention for my every need. I had many things to think about during my stay there and they all provided support that was especially valuable to me. I am sure that all the other members of the staff are equally wonderful.

I do want to call particular attention to something Albert did that was especially beautiful. I was checking out. I had decided that instead of driving back to Maine I would drive west to Canton NY to visit my high school baseball coach, Jake Dillon, whom---though I had spoken to him on the phone many times---I had not seen in person in many many years. I asked what the best way to get onto Route 720 heading west was. Albert printed out a map and used his pen to make arrows to show me how to do this. And then he did something extraordinary. He looked me in the eyes and said: "Mr. Hobby if you should get lost call me. I will get in my car, find you, and make sure you get on the right path." This was a gesture from the heart of great generosity and it moved me deeply. Merci Albert.

The next time I am in Montreal I shall stay at the Hotel Gault for sure. La prochaine fois que je suis à Montréal je vais certainement rester à l'Hotel Gault.

Richard Hobby
Yarmouth, Maine

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Mr.Hobby,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripAdvisor about your stay at the Hotel Gault, I remember your kind comments shortly after you departure. I will pass along your kind comments to our associates that are always very delighted to read such pleasant feedback.

We are committed in providing that Gault personal touch to all our valued guests such as you and the feedback we receive is always very important to us. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you on behalf of all us at the Hotel Gault a happy new 2013!!

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Hotel Gault to exceed your expectations on future occasions!

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Santa Monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Most boutique hotels that take this level of care with design aren't as warm and hospitable as Hotel Gault. Situated in Old Montreal in a gorgeous building (late 1800s/ early 1900s?) this hotel really makes one feel at home. Beautiful rooms, high ceilings, comfortable beds, front lobby is also a restaurant/ bar (depending on the time of day), 24 hour room service menu, excellent service (conscientious and really, really friendly without being saccharin). I'm not sure I'll be able to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed December 2012
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about the Gault Hotel.

I am delighted to learn you had enjoyed your stay at the Gault Hotel! We are very pleased to of had the opportunity to surpass your guests expectations during your stay, I will pass along your kind comments to all of our associates that are always delighted to hear and read our guests comments and feedback. we look forward to welcoming you again on future occasions!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Great Service - hotel staffs are very friendly, very helpful. Apparently they clean your room twice a day too?

Great Room - I was in a studio room right above the hotel lobby. High ceilings, large walls, great design overall.

Great Party in the lobby - I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights, and on the second night there was a party at the hotel lobby. I was on the first floor, right above the lobby, and they were kind enough to share their music with me until 2 in the morning. Usually I wouldn't mind music but if you have to wake up early the next morning it might get a little irritating. Earplugs didn't help either as the bass vibrates through your body. If you plan to sleep early, ask for a room on the higher floors.

Room Tip: If you plan to sleep early on the weekend, ask for a room on a higher floor. Due to the studio loft...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your accommodations at The Gault Hotel. I sincerely appreciate you acknowledging our personable and welcoming associates as well as our comfortable rooms.

I want to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced due to the Christmas party that was held in the lobby, it’s a private function that is held once a year and I’m truly sorry you did not get a quiet night sleep. I can assure you that we are not a party hotel and we are constantly working on providing great customer service and comments like you are extremely important to us, the feedback we receive from valued guest , like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure that similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I look forward in welcoming you once again in the future.

Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I usually like to try different hotels when I visit a city several times, but in Montreal this is a problem. It's hard to find something that feels more like home than the Gault. So here I am, having checked out after yet another week at the Gault. Why? The rooms are perfect - great style and very functional. Combined with a very friendly and welcoming staff it's hard to not feel at home. The small size helps a lot, and my main concern with writing this review is that it might be hard to get a room for my next visit ... ;-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Gault! We are always delighted to read that our valued guests such as you feel right at home at the Gault.

Thank you for acknowledging the service you received from our associate team. We have shared your comments with each of them as they truly are the driving force of our establishment!

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Gault to exceed your expectations on future occasions!

Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We (my wife, 16 month old son and me) stayed at the Gault around mid-October 2012. We are not habitual review writers nor on-line junkies but our stay there was so great, i have to write a review so other travellers can experience what we did.

We have never been at any hotel who take care of their customers like every one of their staff did. The rooms were excellent - spacious, modern, big bathrooms. It felt like we were living in a awesome historical building with all the modern amenities. All the rooms are suits and i believe they have only 25 of them. Our first room was noisy because of the construction across the street, but the staff promplty changed it to bigger, better room. The food and bar were great. We always ended up to after-party there. Very close to Vieux Montreal, Gare Centrale, the business district etc. Location is as good as it gets. The staff is so knowedgeable, you just have to ask what you are looking for, and if they have time they may even walk you there. Lastly, the babysitter they recommended was very relaible too.

All of these things made our stay so memorable. If you are looking for small, boutique hotel (i hate that word) where you are made to feel that you are from Montreal, pls give Hotel Gault a try.

Peace.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I’m truly delighted that your first review is about the experience that you had at the Gault Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to share you kind comments about our property and recognizing our associates, we welcome all sorts of feedback from our valued guests such as yourself and we are most encouraged by them.

I will share your comments with our entire team and I’m looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary in Montreal at the Gault Hotel. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They upgraded our room when we arrived. Best room we have ever stayed in. Great location on quiet streets and close to many excellent restraurants. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to wish you a happy 13th wedding anniversary and I’m delighted that we were part of such special occasion. I sincerely appreciate your kind review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Gault Hotel!

Thank you for acknowledging the service you had received from our associate team. I have shared your comment with them as they truly are our driving force and take great pride in providing great service!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gault Hotel to exceed your expectations on future occasions!

mexico city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Rooms are cozy and have a modern clean design! My husband & I spend 3 nights and absolutely adored it. You can walk everywere and you feel very welcome. The concierge service is outstanding. Girls in reception are very eager to help. The gym is in the basement and it is very small. If weather ok don´t miss renting a bike and go to canal de lachine it is gorgeous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you kind review of your recent visit to the Gault Hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and want to thank you for taking the time to share it with our TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Gault? Share your experiences!