“The Gault still going strong” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   449 Sainte-Helene, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2K9 , Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 164 hotels in Montreal
Trondheim, Norway
“The Gault still going strong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I usually like to try different hotels when I visit a city several times, but in Montreal this is a problem. It's hard to find something that feels more like home than the Gault. So here I am, having checked out after yet another week at the Gault. Why? The rooms are perfect - great style and very functional. Combined with a very friendly and welcoming staff it's hard to not feel at home. The small size helps a lot, and my main concern with writing this review is that it might be hard to get a room for my next visit ... ;-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Gault! We are always delighted to read that our valued guests such as you feel right at home at the Gault.

Thank you for acknowledging the service you received from our associate team. We have shared your comments with each of them as they truly are the driving force of our establishment!

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Gault to exceed your expectations on future occasions!

518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We (my wife, 16 month old son and me) stayed at the Gault around mid-October 2012. We are not habitual review writers nor on-line junkies but our stay there was so great, i have to write a review so other travellers can experience what we did.

We have never been at any hotel who take care of their customers like every one of their staff did. The rooms were excellent - spacious, modern, big bathrooms. It felt like we were living in a awesome historical building with all the modern amenities. All the rooms are suits and i believe they have only 25 of them. Our first room was noisy because of the construction across the street, but the staff promplty changed it to bigger, better room. The food and bar were great. We always ended up to after-party there. Very close to Vieux Montreal, Gare Centrale, the business district etc. Location is as good as it gets. The staff is so knowedgeable, you just have to ask what you are looking for, and if they have time they may even walk you there. Lastly, the babysitter they recommended was very relaible too.

All of these things made our stay so memorable. If you are looking for small, boutique hotel (i hate that word) where you are made to feel that you are from Montreal, pls give Hotel Gault a try.

Peace.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I’m truly delighted that your first review is about the experience that you had at the Gault Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to share you kind comments about our property and recognizing our associates, we welcome all sorts of feedback from our valued guests such as yourself and we are most encouraged by them.

I will share your comments with our entire team and I’m looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary in Montreal at the Gault Hotel. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They upgraded our room when we arrived. Best room we have ever stayed in. Great location on quiet streets and close to many excellent restraurants. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to wish you a happy 13th wedding anniversary and I’m delighted that we were part of such special occasion. I sincerely appreciate your kind review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Gault Hotel!

Thank you for acknowledging the service you had received from our associate team. I have shared your comment with them as they truly are our driving force and take great pride in providing great service!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gault Hotel to exceed your expectations on future occasions!

mexico city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Rooms are cozy and have a modern clean design! My husband & I spend 3 nights and absolutely adored it. You can walk everywere and you feel very welcome. The concierge service is outstanding. Girls in reception are very eager to help. The gym is in the basement and it is very small. If weather ok don´t miss renting a bike and go to canal de lachine it is gorgeous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you kind review of your recent visit to the Gault Hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and want to thank you for taking the time to share it with our TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dyer, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hotel Gault is located in Old Montreal so it has a great start to please a traveller. This is an old cotton factory converted by some genius into a fascinating modernistic space. The rooms are roomy and come with very modern style furniture. The location is quiet. The people at the front desk were courteous and helpful. A unique and comfortable place to spend a few days

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms would be fine.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Gault Hotel, your comments are very important to us and your recognition towards our service team at the Front Desk have been passed on and have been well received.

Indeed our all of our rooms are very spacious starting with our Loft rooms at 350square feet to our Apt.Deluxe of 1020 square feet. Our furniture is all designer made unique to the Gault, it’s been this way for over 10 years and well-liked by our guest’s.

You are a valued patron of the Gault Hotel and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nothing really bad to say. Decent value, welcoming staff, stylish loft style room (exposed brickwork etc). I just found it a little 'un-cozy' and a little dead (it was a wet Sunday night which probably didn't help).

If you like this kind of place then don't be put off by me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Gault Hotel. I am very pleased to learn you had enjoyed the features of your Loft room at the Gault I would like to sincerely thank you for commending our service team. Your kind recognition has been very well received;

We greatly appreciate all forms of guest feedback and we hope you will not be put off by the rain for future occasions.

I look forward in welcoming you back!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Completely loved this hotel - I stayed here only for a business trip for a good week, so I didn't get to spend much time in the room, but I could happily have lived there for a few weeks!
Very spacious suite, modern open-plan style, felt luxurious and homely at the same time, and it was clean and well equipped with anything you would want or need on your trip. The service and staff was extremely friendly, professional and polite, and we received a lot of valuable tips for restaurants and sights to visit nearby. The hotel is in the Old Town of Montreal and close to very nice restaurants, great galleries, amazing artsy jewellery and clothes shops, and cosy coffee shops.
The only reason why I am giving a 4 instead of a 5 rating is the breakfast, which was very disappointing, especially for the price. If the breakfast was how it sounded on the menu, we would have stayed every morning; anyway, we got to try a few coffee places nearby, which was nice too.
All in all - a real gem of a boutique hotel, highly recommendable and if I ever get a chance to go to Montreal again, I would definitely go back!

Thank you very much for a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Gault Hotel. We greatly appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our valued guests such as yourself.

I would also like to thank you for acknowledging the professionalism and friendliness of our associates at the Gault, however I was of course concerned to learn of the area which left you to feel disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of service you had received at the restaurant . I can assure you I have taken immediate steps to address this concern and I am personally working closely with our associate team on training to ensure there is consistency throughout our entire property.

I look forward to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Gault in the near future!

Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Gault? Share your experiences!