“Old Building learns new tricks” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #2 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Dyer, Indiana
“Old Building learns new tricks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hotel Gault is located in Old Montreal so it has a great start to please a traveller. This is an old cotton factory converted by some genius into a fascinating modernistic space. The rooms are roomy and come with very modern style furniture. The location is quiet. The people at the front desk were courteous and helpful. A unique and comfortable place to spend a few days

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms would be fine.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Gault Hotel, your comments are very important to us and your recognition towards our service team at the Front Desk have been passed on and have been well received.

Indeed our all of our rooms are very spacious starting with our Loft rooms at 350square feet to our Apt.Deluxe of 1020 square feet. Our furniture is all designer made unique to the Gault, it’s been this way for over 10 years and well-liked by our guest’s.

You are a valued patron of the Gault Hotel and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nothing really bad to say. Decent value, welcoming staff, stylish loft style room (exposed brickwork etc). I just found it a little 'un-cozy' and a little dead (it was a wet Sunday night which probably didn't help).

If you like this kind of place then don't be put off by me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Gault Hotel. I am very pleased to learn you had enjoyed the features of your Loft room at the Gault I would like to sincerely thank you for commending our service team. Your kind recognition has been very well received;

We greatly appreciate all forms of guest feedback and we hope you will not be put off by the rain for future occasions.

I look forward in welcoming you back!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Completely loved this hotel - I stayed here only for a business trip for a good week, so I didn't get to spend much time in the room, but I could happily have lived there for a few weeks!
Very spacious suite, modern open-plan style, felt luxurious and homely at the same time, and it was clean and well equipped with anything you would want or need on your trip. The service and staff was extremely friendly, professional and polite, and we received a lot of valuable tips for restaurants and sights to visit nearby. The hotel is in the Old Town of Montreal and close to very nice restaurants, great galleries, amazing artsy jewellery and clothes shops, and cosy coffee shops.
The only reason why I am giving a 4 instead of a 5 rating is the breakfast, which was very disappointing, especially for the price. If the breakfast was how it sounded on the menu, we would have stayed every morning; anyway, we got to try a few coffee places nearby, which was nice too.
All in all - a real gem of a boutique hotel, highly recommendable and if I ever get a chance to go to Montreal again, I would definitely go back!

Thank you very much for a very pleasant stay!

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Gault Hotel. We greatly appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our valued guests such as yourself.

I would also like to thank you for acknowledging the professionalism and friendliness of our associates at the Gault, however I was of course concerned to learn of the area which left you to feel disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of service you had received at the restaurant . I can assure you I have taken immediate steps to address this concern and I am personally working closely with our associate team on training to ensure there is consistency throughout our entire property.

I look forward to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Gault in the near future!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Gault in Old Montreal this weekend and it was just as advertised. An adult-style property with wonderful design chops and gorgeous rooms. This is not your average, fusty, high-end hotel with brocade and dark wood; there are personal touches everywhere, such as in the 1939 Life Magazines mixed in with other reading materials in the fireplace room; brushed concrete floors in the rooms with heating coils under the sink and in the bathroom waiting to surprise your bare feet; up-to-date electronics and an iPhone recharging speaker set on the classy, low table. You're also in Old Montreal, so there's the fascinating contradiction between the building (at least 150 years old) and the interior, which still sports, here and there, in the lobby and in the rooms, the old sculpted columns that support the heavy ceilings and walls.

My only caveat is that although the breakfast and the service were both magnificent, you may not want to pay $60 for two coffees and two plates of eggs. Try Le Gros Jambon on Notre Dame or The Mon Cafe for some good, less expensive grub. Le Gros Jambon, owned by the same folks who own nearby seafood palace, L'Orignal, is a genuine find.

Room Tip: The loft-size rooms, which are available for under $200 a night, are not too small and should suit m...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Your comments are very important to us and I sincerely thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Gault Hotel!

I am delighted to read your comments recognizing the fine details of our beautiful property and it's rewarding to know you were able to take the time to enjoy it and it’s surroundings.

Thank you again for your wonderful words and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Gault hotel in the near future!

London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have just returned from a business trip in Montreal where I spent six nights at the hotel Gault.
My colleague and I were immediately greeted by the amazing Pauline, the hotel's guest relations representative, who spared no time offering us extremely helpful information on the sights and restaurants of this wonderful and friendly city. She was simply brilliant.
The hotel itself is beautifully decorated, very modern in style, with great black and white framed photographs on the walls, and very welcoming. The rooms are large, simple and slightly industrial in style (the modern industrial look seems to be a bit of a theme in Montreal), and spotlessly clean. The location is very central, in the beautiful old part of town, so we managed to walk almost everywhere. Some amazing restaurants are just nearby.
If I have to be picky I only have a couple of small criticisms: the shower knob was broken and with no sign of being repaired soon and breakfast was expensive, small and served almost cold. I quickly forgot about the shower knob (the shower still worked, it was just a little bit more awkward to turn it on) and we had breakfast elsewhere for the rest of our stay so all in all not that big a deal.
The rest of our party was staying at another hotel around the corner and we couldn’t help feeling smug about our better choice. I would definitely go back to the hotel Gault if I have the chance to visit Montreal again.

Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Gault Hotel!

I am delighted to read your comments recognizing the Gault and the positive comments you express about your experience at our property and I would like to sincerely thank you for it.
Pauline recently joined our team and she’s full of options for our valued guest’s such as yourself, I will pass along your kind words to her and the rest of the team.
I would like to apologize for the shower nob in you room, you should have been advise at the time of check in about it, this piece is unfortunately in back order and we should receive it in the coming week. Regarding your comments about the breakfast, I appreciate feedback, and it is through constructive comments such as yours that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities and will follow up with my colleagues in the F&B department.

You are a valued patron and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

In Montreal for one night on business and decided to go "boutique" hotel. My only regret is that I did not have more time to enjoy this property and the surrounding "old Montreal" scene. The Hotel Gault is cool, hip, comfortable and friendly. The service was excellent. I will return for a couple of days in the summer to truly enjoy old Montreal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn you have enjoyed your stay at the Gault Hotel and that our level of service was to your expectations.

Your comments are very important to us and I thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your kind recognition has been very well received.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back next summer.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very nice boutique hotel in old town.
We really liked the somewhat minimalist modern decor. The contemporary look might not be for everyone but it worked for us.
The front desk was very helpful in suggesting itineraries and making reservations.
We got upgraded to a corner room which was very spacious and nicely finished. Not sure what the basic rooms are like though.
As some other reviewer indicated, cannot think of anything negative to say. Really nice hotel.

Room Tip: corner rooms are large and beautifully finished
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn you have enjoyed your stays at the Gault Hotel and that our level of service was to your expectations.

Your comments are very important to us and I thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and supporting our "going green program on reviews» I will pass along your comments to our team in this regard. Your kind recognition has been very well received.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Gault? Share your experiences!