“Old World Charm with Over the Top Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nelligan

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nelligan to your Saves list
Hotel Nelligan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   106 Saint Paul St W, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1Z3, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Directly - 10% OFF
Ranked #3 of 168 hotels in Montreal
Tennessee
“Old World Charm with Over the Top Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I wanted to take my mother somewhere different for Christmas that would be atmospheric and perhaps have a little snow! We landed on the 21st of December in the middle of a snow storm with major drifts piled throughout Old Montreal.

The hotel staff did everything just right from welcoming us and offering advice to meticulously keeping the steps and entry way clear and safe. Each time we came in, someone rushed to make sure my mother had help getting up the steps.

The rooms were lovely, the bar was very cozy with couches and a fireplace, and the location was excellent. Great breakfast and bar fare. Stockings on Christmas morning on our doors. Travelling with an older parent, it was important to me to have a place where I could be with people and read or email with a lovely drink - this was just right.,

As beautiful as the facility is, the charm is powered by the staff. Be sure to let them know what you need or want, they are very knowledgable.

I look forward to staying at the Nelligan again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1,121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Old Lyme, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our recent stay at Hotel Nelligan has inspired me to write my first review for Trip Advisor. My husband and I visited Montreal last week and chose to stay at the Nelligan because of the wonderful reviews it has already received. We are seasoned travelers and tend to be very particular about hotel accommodations. Our stay at the Nelligan was delightful from start to finish. We were traveling with friends and the reception staff was able to offer us two petite suites on the fourth floor. Both rooms overlooked the port and were peacefully quiet. Our suite was extremely comfortable, the bed was inviting, the fireplace was warming, the view was spectacular and it was roomy enough to allow friends to visit comfortably. We were even able to watch the fireworks over the port last Saturday night... Spectacular! The staff is efficient, attentive, professional and polite. I look forward to the pleasure of visiting again. Hotel Nelligan has earned my most enthusiastic endorsement!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We booked a petite suite for 4 nights. The location of the hotel is fantastic and a lot of attractions are walkable including the Basilica. The hotel is surrounded by numerous restaurants and boutiques. On arrival we were given a voucher for a free cocktail upto $11 each which we never got around to using.

The suite itself was almost bigger than my own flat which made it hard to leave! The room had exposed brickwork which was an unusual feature and suited the character. There was a turn down service each evening and we were left 2 small Lindt chocolates nightly alongside hand written weather information for the next day -26 brrrrrrrrr! The toiletries were good and we had a jacuzzi. The bed and sofa were very comfortable and we slept well each night. There was an iPod docking station which we used daily.

Staff spoke English as well as French and were very knowledgeable about local attractions and places to eat. (Would highly recommend eggspectations for breakfast) As we stayed here during December the lobby area was always bustling with large social gatherings and parties but we could not hear a peep in our room.

We really enjoyed this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I'd booked to meet with my mum in Montreal for 4 nights and it was down to myself to find the perfect hotel. I googled around and checked trip advisor and stumbled across The Nelligan.

Having never been to Montreal before, I had no idea in regards to locations etc, but The Nelligan seemed to fit the bill.

Well, from the moment we pulled up in the taxi I knew I'd made the best decision!

The Nelligan is the most wonderful charming hotel... it's cosy, welcoming and the rooms are to a high standard. I've stayed in many fancy 5 star hotels but tbh I tend to find them impersonal, flashy and just not that nice.

Mum and I shared a twin room with two double beds and it was perfect for us. The hotel is in old Montreal on Rue St Paul - one of the most stunning streets you can find in the area. The street is cobbled and full of cafes, restaurants and the most wonderful boutiques, art shops and other such lovely places to browse around.

Just across and along the way is a cafe, perfect for breakfast and people watching.

We walked in to new Montreal from here and it didn't take long at all. As much as it's nice to go in to new Montreal, it's nice to come back to the retreat that is the Nelligan.

I'm quite fussy when it comes to beds and duvets and this was super comfy - I slept well on each night of my stay.

Mum and I made some wonderful memories in Montreal and I'm pleased that we chose The Nelligan to be a part of it.

I have no qualms in recommending this lovely hotel and I hope to be able to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - ours was on the corner near the road, it was slightly noise - since I was sha...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is an amazing little hotel in a great location. I was a tad worried when i came back to the hotel at 11pm and there was an event in the lobby. However, as soon as I went up to my room and closed the door, my room was as quiet as can be. Very attentive staff, I was able to check in early and the checkout process the next morning was fast.

The room had a full brick wall, the bathroom was spacious, the toiletries were luxurious, the bed was comfortable, Internet access was free and the in room mini-bar was well stocked. If this hotel is available during my next trip to Montreal, I will definitely try to reserve a room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

After researching hotels on tripadvisor, we decided to stay at the Nelligan in Old Montreal. It was the perfect decision. Our room was large and lovely, the location was perfect for walking to the sights and the harbor, numerous excellent restaurants were nearby and the staff was extremely helpful. We would love to return and would definitely stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
El Dorado Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed at the Nelligan following our cruise. It's convenient to the dock, restaurants and shops. The hotel is warm and inviting, with some interesting architectural details like the brick walls and wood beams. The staff was friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nelligan? Share your experiences!