“Perfect break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nelligan

You added Hotel Nelligan to your Saves list
Hotel Nelligan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   106 Saint Paul St W, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1Z3, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Special Offer
Suite Retreat
Ranked #4 of 163 Hotels in Montreal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I can't pick one person to within the team at the Nelligan because they all worked so well together to provide a wonderful experience, it would not be fare to select any one individual.

In the mornings, the breakfast staff would have my tea and orange juice at my seat while I was preparing breakfast from the buffet. At the same time the valet would have my car, with the personal touch of making sure my daily bags would already be loaded into the trunk. When I arrived home in the evenings, the valet would always make sure bags/laundry/etc made it up to my room, without question (even when I forget the bags in my car after they parked it).

During my stay the Concierge put together a list of amazing places for me to have dinner and made sure I had reservations if needed so I was never just visiting the same place every night for supper. The reception staff & management was always quick with a greeting and making sure there wasn't anything else I night need during my stay. They accommodated my needs on my return travel and were always very helpful when I needed a hockey score or directions to some obscure location in Montreal.

Then there is all the support staff, house keeping would always make sure to keep my pillows in the exact orientation I left them in the morning (for those of you who like your pillows in the correct orientation, you know HOW important this is!!!) In the evenings, house keeping would arrive with bottled water & chocolate (not part of the mini-bar) along with the next day's weather and replace any needed towels.

While there are almost as many places to stay in Montreal as there are places to find great food, I wouldn't trust my stay at any other hotel. I cannot thank the staff at the Nelligan enough for their hospitality!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed 5 nights and loved every moment. The room was fab. It was very much a boutique hotel and the decor was super. The staff were always very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was ok but other little cafes were nicer. It's located in downtown and the streets are filled with little bars and cafes. I will stay here again on my next visit to Montreal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've been to the Hotel Nelligan twice, once in March for work for a meeting in the hotel and another for the F1 Race in June. The hotel is warm, beautiful and quaint. A true Boutique hotel with differing rooms that are unique, very comfortable and well appointed. Service is great and you don't need a car unless you're going somewhere farther afield. What's also nice about it is while it may appear pretentious, it's small and cozy enough that you really get a small hotel feel about it that makes the experience that much more unique. The restaurant facilities are great including the adjacent steak house, and especially the rooftop bar/restaurant - the latter attended during the F1 weekend. A top hotel in Montreal by any stretch and I am looking to go back again this year!!!

Room Tip: My only recommendation is to ask for a room on an exterior wall. My first room was very small and fa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We booked a two night stay at the last minute on Hotel Tonight. It was our first time using Hotel Tonight and it worked out very well. We received the lowest rate I had seen for the Nelligan - I had been watching the prices for about a month. On check in they upsold us to a suite for a small fee. It was well worth it as half the cost was given back in the form of bar credits.
Hotel Nelligan is a wonderful boutique hotel in the heart of Old Montreal. Our Suite on the 5th floor had everything we could wish for. Space, a fireplace, a jacuzi, sound system and quiet. We walked to a neighbourhood restaurant in the unseasonably warm weather and then strolled the old port after dinner. The weather turned nasty the second day and after a leisurely breakfast we settled down in front of the fire and read books
The Nelligan is suitable for the business person looking for something different or a couple like us who wanted something romantic.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The room we stayed in was tastefully decorated, as one would expect for the Old Port area of Montreal. The fireplace and jaccuzzi tub were fantastic. In order to find flaws, one would have to look very, very closely and frankly, that defeats the purpose of a romantic getaway, doesn't it?

The free drink voucher at the hotel bar was a nice touch. The artwork and furniture in shared areas was very good. Everything you would expect in a world class hotel a world class city.

What truly sets this hotel apart is the staff. To an individual, the staff was friendly, accommodating and efficient. Every request we had was met with a friendly smile. When we arrived, before we had even noticed that hypoallergenic bedding was not on the bed, we received a call from the front desk, asking us if it was a convenient time to let the cleaning staff in to change the bedding. Sure, I could say that they forgot in the first place but that they caught their mistake and made an effort to correct it before I even noticed was impressive, to say the least.

Room Tip: There was occassional noise from cabs honking for fares in the street below. You may want to ask for...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had the most enjoyable experience. We loved being greeted with wine and cheese in the courtyard. There was a mix up with the room. It was dealt with fairly promptly. Rooms were spectacular...you almost feel as though you are in Europe! We will certainly return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nelligan? Share your experiences!