“Lovely, Romantic..Perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nelligan

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nelligan to your Saves list
Hotel Nelligan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   106 Saint Paul St W, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1Z3, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Special Offer
Book Directly - 10% OFF
Ranked #2 of 164 hotels in Montreal
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Lovely, Romantic..Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is my third time back at Hotel Nelligan. Yet again, we were not disappointed. My spouse and I enjoyed a Superior King room..surrounded by original brick walls, three large windows overlooking the charming Old Montreal alleyways. Large bathroom, soaker tub..awesome. We stayed in room 412 and it was by far one of our favourite. Large front foyer with huge closet, large, comfortable King sized bed..just warm and welcoming.
Our check in was LIGHTENING fast. Our car was valet'd, we were checked in, and into our room in less than 5 minutes. The free welcome drinks were much appreciated after our 6 hour drive. The front staff if warm, polite, and accommodating.
The following morning we ordered a delicious breakfast complete with perfectly cooked eggs, delicious crepes, and ripe fruit. Coffee was strong and perfect. Service was quick and friendly.
Just go to this hotel. Don't even question it. It's old Montreal charm, boutique styling, and brick walls will have you coming back for years. I practically shed a tear when I had to leave...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
landsick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Hotel Nelligan recently and we were very pleased with our choice. Located near the Notre Dame cathedral in old city, we valeted our car and walked everywhere we wanted to go.

The room was a junior suite with a fire place and when we entered they had beautiful classical music playing, the room was very clean and we sat in front of the gas fireplace and read for a while.

They have a large jacuzzi tub which was very relaxing. They also have a large separate shower.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff were all very accomodating.

We had drinks in the lounge and enjoyed the atmosphere. We also ate at the Mechant Boeuf which was quite good. All in all, a wonderful 2 night stay.

The only thing that was lacking was a coffee maker in the room. I hate having to get up and dressed in the morning to go in search of coffee.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The front desk and valet staff provided excellent service. We were upgraded to a suite facing St-Paul street. It had an enhanced old world setting. Thank you Dan, the view and the ambiance was extraordinary. There are also rooms in another section of the hotel that offer a modern decor. This is a charming hotel with comfortable and well appointed common areas. The continental breakfast was very good. It had a good selection to satisfy most individuals and families alike.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed one night for business in December 2012. Because of my flight schedule, arrived quite early on a Saturday morning, about 5 hours early for my meetings. The staff were quite accommodating and had a room available early so I could get some rest before the meetings started. The a la carte breakfast was excellent and the servers quite attentive. The food was excellent throughout the weekend. The room was large and exceeded my expectation. The only thing to be aware of is that the street noise due to the adjacent club during the early hours on the weekend was pronounced (as the staff advised me), but overall didn't bother me too bad. It is a big city after all. If you're a light sleeper, you shouldn't seek a room fronting the street, but the staff were great about giving me the choice to stay in this room or not. Continental breakfast and lunch the next day continued to exceed expectations. The staff appeared to have attention to detail and genuine concern and care for their clientele.

Room Tip: If street noise is a problem for you, request a room that doesn't front the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Fantastic hotel with a wonderful staff. Terrific location with easy access to shopping, restaurants, and all of the architecture of Old Montreal. I cannot say enough about how great our stay was, and to top it off, it was incredibly romantic.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was at the property for 1 night and was lucky to recieve a upgrade from the standard room. The cost was reasonable and the service amazing. If you stay at this property please eat at thier restaurant.

The rooms are specious and of all my stays around Canada I think this is one of the best properties I have ever stayed

Room Tip: take the suites if the difference is not much as the experience is amazing. especially the jet spa b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Hotel Nelligan is wonderfully smallish but not too small a boutique hotel. It is situated right in the heart of Old Montreal, so if you are there on business or pleasure you are well located. (we were there for both) The lobby and restaurant are very plush and charming. You are loured to sit by the fire and enjoy a drink or snacks any time of day. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Because of the location you can walk almost anywhere you would like to go. The food in the restaurant was excellent and so was the service and you are only a few blocks from Marche' La Villette, a local and tourist favorite bakery, cafe'. Great place to eat. And steps from many other great places to eat or have a drink.

The atmosphere at the Nelli is very comfortable and the rooms are large enough. (standard room) Not much of a view in our room, but we didn't spend all that much time in it. Internet was free and worked great anywhere. The bed would give the Weston's a run for their money. Extremely comfortable and the room well laid out. My only complaint was the washroom. For some inexplicable reason the toilet was right across from the shower door which did not allow for the class shower door to fully open. In fact it kept smashing into it. I thought I was going to break it one time. Yet there is this very large space right beside the shower where it looks like the toilet should have gone? I'm not sure if this was just in my room, or standard in the standard rooms, but it looks like the plumbers made a mistake. We also assumed there would be a tub, but alas there was none. My wife prefers the tub in a hotel. But other then that, I would highly recommend the Hotel Nelligan to anyone who graves a smaller but elegant hotel experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nelligan? Share your experiences!