“Great Place to Eat at Cachitos in Montreal.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 4,561 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert
Description: Cachitos is a small bakery in the heart of downtown montreal that brings you a taste of Venezuela and its incomparable Cachitos!DescriptionFrequently Asked Cachitos Questions : - Where does it come from?Cachitos are a traditional Venezuelan pastry, usually considered to be a breakfast food although many enjoy them throughout the day.-What are the traditional fillings?The traditional filling for the Cachito is ham, but in modern Venezuela it is common to find cheese Cachitos as well. We at Cachito Bakery, created a much wider assortment of flavours, so everyone is sure to find a personal favourite. -What does Cachitos mean?Cachitos comes from the Spanish word “Cacho” meaning “Horn”. The “-ito” at the ends marks it as a diminutive form, a form usually used for small things or as a term of endearment.-How are they made?The Cachito dough used in Cachitos Bakery is the result of extensive tests and trials, refined to a perfectly calibrated recipe meant to go well with our large variety of fillings. The rolling process has also been streamlined to be able to quickly produce as many Cachitos as anyone could want. -What are Golfeados?Golfeados are a traditional Venezuelan dessert, similar in looks to the Cinnamon roll but spiced with Aniseed, Cheese and Cane Sugar. -What does Golfeado mean?Golfeado is nothing more the name of the pastry, although the word Golfeado calls to mind the puffy quality of the pastry.
Welland, Canada
“Great Place to Eat at Cachitos in Montreal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Wow.! What a great place to Eat while in Montreal.
The Staff are so nice to customers.
Great price to have Breakfast & Lunch.
I am very pleased to have found this place so close to the Hotel.
So when you visit Montreal stop in and Enjoy all the wonderful
things that they have to offer.

• Visited March 2013

Montreal
“Delightful food, welcoming staff and authentic music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Cachitos! I had the pleasure to visit such lovely bakery during their 1st anniversary! The amount of people in the cafe caught my attention.

Cachitos is a must go-to place for all foodies!. It serves a wide selections of cachitos, desserts, and coffee type drinks. My personal favourite is the chicken & ricotta cheese cachitos! Let me share a secret with you, always ask for the sauce! I don't know what's in the sauce, but it is delicious! . It's a great place to taste something different,and enjoy the music.

I have never met anyone from Venezuela before I visited Cachitos, and the owners/staff there are truly amazing people! They are so friendly and warm!

• Visited February 2013
“Sensational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I live in Montreal so I am incredibly privileged to be able to go to Cachitos eveytime I can. Not only their cachitos are great, they also have a few other delicious things that are great. Recomendations of my favorite ones: For cachitos, salami (The taste is like an original italian pizza), meat (It comes with a sauce that the taste is unic. I never try a side sauce like that), ham and cheese (The cheese they use is DELICIOUS as well). After you try the ham and cheese cachito, you will try the cheese cachito as well cause the cheese itself is great. Chicken with ricota cheese is great too. Really I love all of them, just go and choose the one you want, you will love it. For coffies and desserts, my favorite is the cafechito with seweet milk at the bottom or the ferrero rocher coffee. You can try tem cold as well. They make cold coffee milkshakes with the same things for the summer. My favorite dessert is Tres leches cake (three milks cake). I have always order that dessert in other aton stores and here they make the best one in comparison to the one you can get either in Colombia or Venezuela. They have a new dessert made with passion fruit, it is DELICIOUS!!! You wont regreat passing by Cachitos and get a fun and delicious lunch (In the summer eat them with brown lemonade) and you can get some for to go to warm them up in the microwave of the Hotel (Put them for 10 sec). I am from Colombia, from a region that is frontier with Venezuela and since I am little I try all this things that I just mention. Now that I am in Montreal far from all the delicious food, I have found Cachitos that makes everything with the same taste from home. Thats why I love them. And the other thing that I like is the ambience and decoration, the people there are very friendly, easy going and very clean.

Mississauga, Canada
“Hits the spot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Came here for lunch on a Sunday and had cachitos for the first time... they're awesome! Taste very fresh and not greasy. The owner is very nice and cares about his customers.

Only complaint is that they didn't have most of the varieties available for purchase.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“From Venezuela to Montréal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Living away from family and friends is not an easy task. Even less it is trying to find the typical food from your home country when you are abroad. Thanks to my friends from Cachitos I can enjoy many of my favorites Venezuelan treats every time I want. Although the traditional Venezuelan cachito is the one filled with ham, I usually go for the beef or the cheese ones. Do not forget to finish your meal with a caffechito and (why not?) a delicious golfeado. Even more, if you are in the mood of learning about Latin American music, visit Cachitos any Saturday afternoon. They will be pleased to play a variety of songs for you (even the happy birthday!).

• Visited May 2012