“Sofitel Montreal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Montreal

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Montreal to your Saves list
Sofitel Montreal
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1155 Sherbrooke West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2N3, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save 20%!
Ranked #12 of 164 hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

After having stayed at several Sofitel properties on a recent trip to Vietnam and Cambodia, our expectations were high. And we weren't disappointed.
The hotel is perfectly located between McGill and the Ritz and St Catherine St and the mountain. The building itself is beautifully designed. And with their Christmas decorations it was stunning.
The lobby is compact and inviting. A friend came to visit. We sat in the lobby. It felt like our own living room with the sun streaming in.
The rooms are modern and well appointed with an ample work space. The beds were very comfortable with a thick mattress top. The bathroom is compact but adequate. The vanity is a modern bowl sitting on the countertop. The only drawback is that this design reduces useable counter space. Their basic rooms come with a large shower stall with hand and overhead shower. We prefer a shower stall because we find it safer and less slippery. If you need a bathtub, reserve the room category above standard.
Breakfast in their amazing dining room, Renoir, was a treat. Service was excellent and the food - presentation and quality - was wonderful. My only complaint was that when breakfast is prepaid, there was confusion over exactly what this included. The dining room staff gave one story, the front desk another. Nowhere was it clearly explained - in writing.
Overall I would say this is one the finest hotels in Montreal. There is a level of service and standard of accommodation which are outstanding.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have interesting layout
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sofitel M, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Bonjour boundary,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I was glad to read how much you enjoyed the service and the amenities we offer. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile so that we may have the opportunity once again to provide you with the Magnifique experience enjoyed by the majority of our customers.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We spent 4 nights here and there were no disappointments. Although we were looking for some nightlife and that is lacking at that hotel. There are plenty of places that are very close walking distance. We ended up at the W hotel one night. I am glad I stayed at the sofitel instead. I think the W might be noisier but I don't know for sure how well the rooms are soundproofed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sofitel M, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Bonjour m5clt,

Love to hear that we have a new Sofitel fan - so glad that you enjoyed your experiences in Montréal! We hope to have the chance to welcome you again on your next visit to the area!

Oshawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at the Sofitel this summer. My room was so beautiful! I had a corner room with glass from floor to ceiling! King size bed with fluffy white duvet and lots of pillows! Had a beautifyl orchid when I first came in, in a vase by the door. Felt so pampered! Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bonjour Smittygirl79,

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I was so glad to read how much you enjoyed the service and the amenities we offer. We will look forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I spent a single night at the Sofitel in Montreal for business but will definitely stay there again -- and again -- whenever I'm in Montreal. I was treated like royalty from the moment I checked in to when I was escorted to my cab for the trip to the airport. Without exception, the staff was friendly, courteous, accomodating, and eager to help. Having overpaid other hotels too numerous to count for indifferent (if not rude) service, I realized what a difference good service can make to one's overall comfort and enjoyment of the experience. I was upgraded to a luxury suite that was beautifully appointed, spacious, very comfortable bed, impeccably clean, fully-equipped, and business friendly. I was treated to dinner at the Renoir reataurant in the hotel and enjoyed a truly ambrosial feast (lamb highly recommended!), beautifully presented and served. The "continental breakfast" served in the room the next morning included the pot of coffee and croissant I expected, but also fresh-squeezed orange juice (the real McCoy), fruits, sliced meats, cheese, etc -- a feast by itself. I wasn't there for shopping or sight-seeing but the hotel is conveniently located. A must-stay hotel if you're in Montreal!

• Stayed November 2012
Bonjour carolyndouglas1,

We love to hear that you enjoyed the Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile and were well taken care of by our staff. On behalf of all of our Ambassadors, we thank you for taking the time to review your experience and we will all look forward to having you back again soon.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Recently stayed at the Sofitel Montreal for 3 nights and loved it. The hotel is on Sherbooke and Peel, very well located. The Peel Metro (green line) is one short block away and you can also access the famous Montreal underground shopping city from there. You are also 2 blocks from Rue Sainte Catherine that has all the great shopping and eating options. Hotel itself was awesome - we were on a girls trip and there were three of us. We paid extra for a luxury room which was about 400 sq ft and very spacious with a big bathroom with separate shower and tub and tons of storage, perfect for all three of us. The furniture and fixtures all look brand new and the beds were super comfy, it was hard to wake up in the mornings! The service was terrific - very efficient housekeeping, L'Occitane toiletries in the bathroom, and most helpful concierges who gave us great restaurant and jazz club recommendations. They even gave us daily complimentary bottles of water which was a nice touch! Overall, we were very happy and highly recommend the hotel. On future trips, we will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a luxury room, it is worth it for the extra space you get.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
sofitel M, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Bonjour BabyBearNewYork,

We thank you for taking the time to write your review on our property. We sincerely appreciate reading that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel met your criteria for a great hotel stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just stayed here with my wife for 3 nights for a little holiday weekend getaway.

I had never been to Montreal but had stayed at a Sofitel in Philadelphia, which was a good experience so I booked our trip here.

The hotel is in a perfect location, it's right in the center of the city, a block from the museum and a block from the subway.

We upgraded our room upon arrival to a luxury room (from the standard) - we were told the only difference was the luxury room had a tub and was twice as big. I'm glad we did the upgrade, our room was the size of a typical Holiday-Inn room, so I imagine the standard rooms are quite small.

With that said the room was perfectly clean, bed incredibly comfortable. We checked in around 3pm and hung in our room for a few hours to relax before heading out to dinner. We were shocked when we came back from dinner and the room had already been turned down once while we were gone.

Complemetary spring water was nice, considering most hotels charge $8 for a bottle of water (which were replenished each night). Free Wi-fi was a huge bonus which should NEVER be charged for in today's world (but usually is at premium hotels).

My only complaint is the thermostat, like so many hotels they have the "green" thermostat, which basically means don't bother changing it, no matter what you do it will reset to "default" temperature by default, so I did wake up sweaty each night and had to "reset" the A/C setting. However, most hotels use these ridiculous "motion-detecting" thermostats to save money, plus it was winter so I give them a pass on this one.

I'll also note the windows did not provide the noise isolation they do in a New York City hotel for example, you would hear car horns and trucks (despite being on the 14th floor), however when staying in a metropolis I expect to hear the city to some extent, so I'm not bothered by this while others might be.

Staff was all extremely polite and friendly. Excellent experience, will definitely stay there again should I travel to Montreal in the future!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Justin V,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed such a special time with us and I am so delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We have passed on your feedback concerning theuse of our thermostat

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, we hope to see you again soon at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Jean-Christophe Gras

Been to Sofitel Montreal? Share your experiences!