“They are a bit cheap but is an Excellent hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Montreal

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Montreal to your Saves list
Sofitel Montreal
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1155 Sherbrooke West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2N3, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save 20%!
Ranked #12 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mexico
“They are a bit cheap but is an Excellent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I did not like that they charge me an additional charge for wanting a room with a bath (I know! with this cold weather in Quebec should be mandatory to have a bath!!), so I paid for an upgrade and the room was not as executive, not much change that the normal even w upgrade.

My advice : If you are going to pay 200 for a nice hotel u might as well pay 280-300 for a bigger nicer room

My negatives:
- Room size doesn't really change much even with upgrade
- SErvice could be better - I luv when staff want to please the costumer and make all necessary to make sure you get the best possible.
- a bit disappointed to be one of the luxury hotels in MTL

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Bonjour Anilu77,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we really appreciate all feedback. We are very sorry that we did not meet all your expectations on this occasion, and are looking into the issues you raised. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with the Magnifique experience enjoyed by the majority of our customers.

François Marceau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights Dec 16-19. We came to Montreal to celebrate her birthday and we were amazed by the Sofitel. The room was spacious and immaculate, the bathroom was big and had a shower and a bathtub, and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone in Montreal treated us so well. This hotel is in the perfect location. It is close to St. Catherine street for shopping and Crescent street for bars. Joey the concierge drew us a map and gave great recommendations for places to eat and shop. Melisande (the restaurant manager) was such an amazing presence in the hotel. We had a great time talking with her while enjoying delicious drinks at Renoir (lobby bar) and she even gave us some tips on places to visit. I will return here again my next visit to Montreal. I love to travel and this is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Bonjour Monsieur, Madame,

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home during your visit to Montréal!

We love to hear that you enjoyed the property and were well taken care of by our staff! On behalf of all of our Ambassadors, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and we will all look forward to having you back again soon at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Stay in Montreal approx 30 nights per year - always at Sofitel. Wouldn't stay there unless they get everything right. Even the drinks are served with a compliment of appetizers by people trained to know what good service is and thus do not need confirmation by asking you every 30 seconds "if everything is OK". Price value is unbeatable if you want a luxury hotel without the luxury price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Bonjour,

Thank you for the kind words and compliments of our staff. We hope to see you in the near future at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Lautoka, Fiji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed here with a group and was very impressed. The rooms are delightful and staff could not have been more helpful. My appalling French was no handicap as staff were happy to humour me and then break into English when it was clear that I was struggling! I was also impressed that the front desk staff and the concierges addressed me by name within a couple of hours of my arrival.

The hotel claims that there is a business centre but it is only three PCs in a corner of the lobby with a printer. That said, printing is free so I guess I shouldn't complain as I printed off a to of documents!

My one moan would be that there is a mandatory charge for baggage handling when making a group booking, which I understand is part of an union arrangement, but, on our arrival, no one helped with luggage and all my group had to carry their own bags in and up to their rooms. If the unions insist on such a provision, then I feel that they should honour their side of the deal!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Bonjour,

Thank you very much! We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Montréal and Sofitel Golden Mile again soon.

Modena, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I've stayed at the Sofitel Montreal a few times now and the experience is always good, although I've experienced a few problems.
I stayed there in April and I was granted a late check-put at 06.00pm but upon checking
out the front desk attempted to charge me an extra because the late check-out was
"too late"! I must admit that after presenting my case the whole thing got resolved quickly.
My last stay was just a few days ago and, despite being an A-Club Platinum member, I wasn't
granted any upgrade, unlike in the past.
This said, the hotel is lovely and so are the people who work there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Bonjour Henry,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we have passed on your feedback to our Front Office Manager. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, we hope to see you again soon at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

The Sofitel was a nice place to stay during our visit to Montreal. Its location was very convenient and its decor is both modern and welcoming. We arrived late, tired, hungry and rumpled, but from the moment we pulled up in our car, the staff at every turn made us comfortable, which was much appreciated. Our corner room was well appointed but quite small, fine for our brief stay. Our view in one direction was of Mount Royal and the other right into the windows of the apartments across the street so we kept the drapes on that side closed. The bed (king) and linens were the most comfortable of any place we have stayed (and in this day of luxury hotel beds and sleep concierges, that is meant to say a lot). The bathroom was elegant in its design, but did not provide a place for both a shaving kit and makeup case. As one who wakes up early and likes coffee right away, I was disappointed that there was no in-room coffee maker as I find that more convenient than room service. Parking was complimentary but internet access was not. The food in the restaurant and drinks in the bar were very good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Bonjour AnjVW,

Tromso, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

If you can afford this - BOOK it now!
The Sofitel Montreal is a thorough luxury hotel with great service. The staff were helpful (especially the concierges!), let us postpone check-out with two hours without an extra fee, and gave us a lot of tips.
The hotel features an okay fitness-centre with sauna and free bottles of water.
The rooms were spacious, with GREAT luxury beds with down-filled duvets, and in our bathroom we had both a hot tub and shower. The floor-to-ceiling-windows were nice, too. But the included internet was extremely slow, thats the only downside.
The hotel is situated close to the McGill University and the shopping streets, with the Mont Royal in walking distance.
All in all, we enjoyed our time at the Sofitel, and you will too!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
sofitel M, Sales & Marketing Assistant / Social Media Coordinator at Sofitel Montreal, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Bonjour Martin,

We appreciate the time you took to post your recent comments from your stay at our hotel.
Thank you for the kind words and compliments of our staff.

We hope to see you in the near future again at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

François Marceau

Been to Sofitel Montreal? Share your experiences!