Ok, signs were not good when we arrived to find the hotel had no reservation for us. Thankfully we had a voucher (from Trailfinders UK) so they rang the local agents and eventually they managed to get us in a room.
The room itself was very basic and in need of refurbishment but large and clean.
The living room carpet had one very bad stain on it, the room did smell a little musty and the front part of the heating unit had fallen down a bit.
However, the kitchen area was very well set up and clean, and a welcome addition as none of the other hotels we had stayed in had the kitchen facility.
The hotel was in a good location, right across the road from the entrance to China Town, a 10 minute walk to the old Port and a block from St. Catherine Street (however it was near the slightly dodgy red light area at the end of St. Catherine’s Street).
We had stayed at Le Nouvel when we first arrived in Montreal but moved to the Holiday Inn on our return (after Quebec and Ottawa) and I am very glad we did as although a little rough around the edges, I’d stay in the Holiday Inn again because of its location. Breakfast was also included in the stay, which was very good. The breakfast area is very small for the amount of rooms in the hotel. You were very lucky to find a table and chairs together, as most mornings you either found a chair with no table or vise-versa.
In short, I would stay here again and would recommend it, but be warned that it is in need of some major refurbishment.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Montreal Centre-Ville Hotel Montreal
- Holiday Inn Express Montreal Centre-Ville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Montreal
- Montreal Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en Francais, visitez: Holiday Inn Express All Suite Montreal Hotel. Montreal hotel offers comfort & convenience. Whether you're visiting for business or leisure at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Montreal Centre-Ville, you're sure to enjoy your stay, as our lodging offers the comfort of a daily hot breakfast bar and the convenience of a location near numerous corporations and attractions in Montreal. Perfect for those staying on business, our hotel in Montreal offers a well-equipped business centre, high-speed Internet and close proximity to Montreal Convention Center, Bombardier, CBC, Deloitte and Touche, Hydro Quebec, KPMG, SNC Lavalin, Complexe Desjardins and Guy Favreau, Place des Arts, UQAM & McGill University. Because we have a better location than most hotels, our Montreal, Canada lodging is the perfect place for families to stay during their vacation. We're situated near historic Old Montreal, Chinatown, Six Flags A La Ronde amusement park, Bell Centre, Grand Prix Du Canada, the Casino and many of Montreal's finest restaurants, museums and shopping. If you're looking for quality Montreal hotels & convenient services, then look no further. The Holiday Inn Express is the perfect place to stay during your next vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Montreal Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.