“Extremelly poor and rude service” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Montreal
“Extremelly poor and rude service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Poor service . Very disappointing. Rude staff.

Three huge mistakes in only 1.5 hours :

1. This guy who apparently is the manager, was very rude to my group of friends. No etiquette or professionalism whatsoever. We were 9 of us, in two different groups since they could not place us together. At some point, ard 10 pm when there were already empty tables, I asked my friends to join our table, asking the waitress at the same type. Minutes later the manager approaches us and with a very rude tone tells us off, that it was not cool, visibly irritated.
This is not how you treat your customers!!!! They should have accommodated us in the first place and even if he didn't like that, he should have told us in a polite manner.

2. People were waiting in the line to pay and the cashier , a girl, addressed to them such in a bad manner, no nice tone, no invitation, nothing. She just ordered them to move over as if they were cattle.

3. Same guy, the manager, in front of everybody else, during his service, made the horrible gesture of shooting his brain out, just behind his customers. Everybody saw that! NO respect, nothing. This guy's attitude is lame.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Campinas, SP
“A must for chocolate lovers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is one of my favorite spots in Montreal, everything you order is just delicious, the atmosphere of the place is awesome. The only downsize is that when the place gets too crowded the service gets a bit slower. Besides that, an awesome place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle
“Heaven for chocoholics -- but beware”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

In a visit to Montreal my wife and I decided to have a (very) late breakfast here. Easy to find and on a major street. Temperature outside hovered around zero but it was warm inside and our first breaths confirmed the aromatic nature of this place: chocolate.

The service was great, and our server helped us decide among entrees and varieties of expensive hot chocolates from around the globe. They must have at least two dozen choices! She had the chocolate oatmeal, which was truly amazing. I had the illegal chocolate waffle, which was out of this world with its accompanying bananas, whipped cream, chocolate berries and chocolate sauce.

We knew the prices would be relatively high, but not unreasonable for a one-time visit.

Here is the downside to this place: The entrees and hot chocolates were large -- so large that we could have done just fine to split one meal and one hot chocolate. As it was, neither of us could finish what we ordered, and we were saturated with chocolate before we left. I am a chocaholic or sorts and I would not have expected this.

So my advice if you are going with somebody: Unless you are both certain that you're ravenous and could not possibly have to much chocolate, share an entree and a hot chocolate.

When we arrived about 11 a.m. on a Thursday in February, the place was about half full. By noon it was full. So you might want to plan an off-hours visit if possible.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal
“If you love chocolate then this is the spot for you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A marriage of decadent chocolate and healthy cuisine? Impossible! No, they've done it!
Chocolate milk, fondues, waffles, crepes, brownies, and much more, even chocolate beer! Then, when you are sure you are doomed to a sugar high you see the healthy side of the menu, healthy salads, sandwiches, crepewiches, the side where you can feel good about yourself so you can indulge your naughty side.! My salad stood 5" tall strewned with strawberries, a wack of walnuts and a peppy poppyseed dressing.
You don't even have to eat something chocolate, just by virtue of spending time in this restaurant your body will absorb enough chocolate essence to keep you buzzed for a few hours! Oh my goodness, what a find!
The location I visited is just across from LaSalle College. The neighbourhood is in transition, being rebuilt, becoming a student sanctuary so there is construction happening all around. The bonus for this restaurant is that they will be part of the established community when all the work is done.
Friendly, good service, clean and really scrummie! While the prices might appear to be a bit much, the serving sizes are very generous to the point where I actually suggested sharing the main course with my friend when we come again so there will room for that parfait or wedge of cheesecake.
Free WiFi helps when keeping up with schoolwork and/or work.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
montreal
“Wow! You've got to try this place for a hot chocolate!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We did not know that place before we passed by and noticed the place was crowded. Being on a -20C day, we decided to enter.

The smell of chocolate and cooking crepes was mouth watering.

On the menu there was so many choices! There were sandwiches, crepes, chocolate fondue, hot chocolate, milk shake, chocolate pizza, smoothies and even a chocolate beer!

There was a few people waiting to be seated but it went quite fast since they have a lot of tables. My friends all ordered a different hot chocolate and I ordered a milk shake. For everybody it was the best they ever had!!!

Of course, you have to be ready to pay a little bit more since they are using real chocolate and not cocoa powder.

Its totally worth the price, I strongly recommend this place.

• Visited January 2013