“Best Hot Chocolate I've Ever Had in My Life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cacao 70

Cacao 70
2087 Rue St. Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 63 Dessert in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Hot Chocolate I've Ever Had in My Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Just happened to walk by and noticed the all chocolate menu on the chalkboard. Wasn't hungry but decided to take a peak. Their list of different hot chocolates from different parts of the globe is impressive. I had the one from Italy. My friend had the one from Mexico. It was so creamy it almost felt like I was drinking liquid pudding. The taste was amazing. If you're a chocolate lover, make your way to Cacao 70 during your visit to Montreal.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

United Kingdom
“Soooo good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This place is awesome!! We came here on a Friday afternoon so it was quite dead as far as customers go. The server was amazing (wish I had got her name!). She answered all of our questions and explained the differences between the hot chocolates and brought us a sample - smart move on their behalf as it just made us want more. We all had a hot chocolate - mine being the Cioccolata Calda. It was thicker than normal hot chocolate but I wouldn't say as thick as pudding. I also had the fondue with the cream cheese chocolate. It was so good although I wish I was going back next week when they were adding a bit of pastries to the fondue items.
It was a bit pricey but well worth it! I imagine it would be a great place for friends or a date

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“AWESOME FOOD: Cacao 70, Resto - Dessert - Bar de Chocolat (Montreal)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Updated with our second Visit (4 days later - Read First Visit below if you haven't done so already) Second Visit This visit we ordered a whole bunch of things: - Raspberry Brownie Parfait (again, but the first time was better as it came with chocolate cream) - Quadruple Chocolate Parfait - Triple Chocolate Pizza - Chocolate Nutella Ricotta Pizza - Chocolate Peanut Butter Pizza - Waffle with Ice Cream, Fruits and Chocolate - Raspberry Crepes with Chocolate Yes, it was insane. The Pizzas were good but we ordered way too many and after a while you can only take so much. One slice per person is enough and I suggest getting something that isn't ONLY chocolate otherwise you go crazy (i.e. Quadruple Chocolate Parfait was good but near the end...). The waffle didn't taste like a waffle, it tasted like a sponge cake that was put into a waffle machine and I actually liked it better this way. As for crepes, it was good but a bit too soggy (too much jam on whatever the liquid was) for my taste. There are pics on my blog! First Visit After our visit to Kazu, which if you read about can tell that I was still super hungry (Satya actually cooked up a supper when we came back right after going to Kazu and Cacao 70!) we decided to try out the now chocolate place, Cacao70. I think it was a Presse Café before and the transformation into a chocolate bar was a good one. The place is aesthetically pleasing, well lit and makes you crave chocolate in every way. I am a huge chocolate lover and used to pound down tons of chocolate as a kid. We started off with some samples of hot chocolate. Despite the varying degrees of sweetness, I must say that the texture and taste of all the types were amazing. The Raspberry brownie parfait was great. The whipped cream was chocolatey and the ice cream went down really well with the brownies and raspberries. The triple chocolate cake was ok but the cake seemed to be more of a marble pound cake than a chocolate one. I haven't tried the chocolate pizza yet but it seems to look yummy. Maybe the next time I go. For more images see http://www.oddbubbles.com/2011/11/awesome-food-cacao-70-resto-dessert-bar.html

Visited November 2011