My first indication was that this was the only hotel around the airport NOT sold out a night before.
When I arrived, it seemed ok (Airport hotels always get abused, so that was expected). There is an indoor pool with a large atrium in the center of the rooms, but it makes the place feel cheesy, and smell like clorine.
When I got to my room, it was definitely worn out. I didn't really care, but when I realized the heat was not working I started to get annoyed. I called the front desk, was put on hold, and waited and waited. No one ever picked up, so I went downstairs where there was nothing occupying the desk staff. They gave me the room next to the first, and apologized. Ok, fine.
I decide to get some room service, so I pick up the dirty, tattered menu in the room which had about 4 main course selections. I called room service, the phone rang and rang. Again, no one picked up. I decide to go to the bar since it would be quicker. The menu was much different from the one in the room.
I order a Stella, and then pull out my PriorityClub coupon for a free draft beer, the bartender told me "it's no good" because it is an import - nothing on the coupon says anything about imports. I shrug it off. I order a chewy NY strip with fries and an overdressed, slimy ceasar salad.
I notice that he gave me a second Stella, which I did not ask for- I only drink 1 beer.
When I asked for my check, I see there is a charge for 2 beers. I tell him I never asked for a second, he replies "That's happy hour - it's 1 beer for $8, 2 for $10, I can't change it". I only wanted ONE beer, and I expected that to be free with my coupon. Now I'm paying $40 for a crappy steak and one beer before tip? Severely confused and disgusted at this point, I decided to make my very first TripAdvisor review after being a weekly traveler for 3 years now.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Montreal Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Montreal Airport Hotel Montreal
- Holiday Inn Montreal
- Montreal Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en Francais, visitez: Holiday Inn Montreal Aeroport Hotel. The Best of Montreal Airport Hotels, the Holiday Inn Montreal Airport hotel is a full-service tropical oasis conveniently located minutes away from Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL) via our free 24-hour airport shuttle service. Our location enhances any Quebec vacation or Montreal travel itinerary.For the business traveler, our Montreal hotel is perfectly situated close to major businesses, such as Bombardier, CAE, Rolls-Royce, Air Canada and Nortel. We're also 15 minutes from the downtown area and 10 minutes from the West Island, meaning guests' travel time is short and painless. Known for being the place to meet, the Holiday Inn Montreal Airport features over 12,000 square feet of meeting space. While enjoying a stay at our Montreal airport hotel's tropical facilities, guests can enjoy an exciting Quebec vacation thanks to our convenient location near a wide variety of attractions. Some nearby places of interest include Saint Josephs Oratory, the Biodome, Botanical Gardens and several professional sports teams. The Holidome offers guests plenty of diversion on-site. A soothing tropical atmosphere, excellent dining, great location and free high-speed, wireless Internet access make our hotel the best choice for anyone on a Quebec vacation or business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Montreal Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.