“Fine, if odd, hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Fine, if odd, hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were staying there due to an Air Canada service delay, and AC paid for our room, so I don't know what it cost. There was a shuttle from the airport that was friendly and timely and easy to deal with--though the airport is nearly 15 minutes away. The room was *very* far from the front desk and the little map they gave us didn't make sense. We wandered into a snow-covered courtyard with room doors opening onto it and found our room, but keycards don't work in the courtyard doors for some reason--we had to circle around and find the inside door. Very confusing!

The room was nice enough, nothing exception except that it had a minifridge and microwave, which was nice. The bathroom was tiny and only had a shower--also a burn mark on the floor.

The restaurant was not great but reasonable for a hotel. The breakfast buffet was pricey and nothing to write home about, but the lunch was decent. The waitstaff seemed overwhelmed and not terribly well-trained but nice enough.

The main area of the hotel is laid out like a Carribbean resort but with a roof--the restaurant had an indoor "patio" that lead towards the indoor pool. I imagine that could be kind of noisy for the diners in a confined area if lots of kids were swimming, but no one used the pool that we saw so it was peaceful.

It looked like a VERY nice pool, but we didn't have our swimsuits with us. I bet that's the main draw for families who come to this hotel.

Checkout was relatively simple and the shuttle took us back to the airport in good time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear R R,

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had a very nice one night stay at this hotel, was just going to Montreal for the night and looking to enjoy their pool facilities.

Front desk staff was polite and gave me an upgrade to a suite based on my platinum status. Hotel has been re-done, looks far better than it did last time I was there 5 years ago. The entire facility was very clean. Room (suite) had a king size bed in the room and a pull out in the living room, 2 flat screen tv, hardwood floors and a really great walk in shower. Also had a mini kitchen, which would come in handy if staying a few days.

The place has this great atrium area, with a big and deep pool and a bunch of games (pool, ping pong, etc). Last time I was there, there was also a kiddie pool and parrots (!?!) but I guess they no longer have those after the renos. Which does sort of leave the place a tad bare, but still nice.

Had breakfast at the restaurant, they had the usual buffet fare, quite tasty, and great that the kids eat free; ended up being $14 for me and the two kids, can't beat that, especially at a hotel.

I'd certainly recommend this hotel, would be a good choice for anyone looks for a park and stay hotel in Montreal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very nice hotel with friendly staff and always ready to make sure that everything is perfect.The beds were very comfortable and the suite also had additional connecting rooms which was perfect for us! The check in and check out process is quick and efficient, I would definitely recommend to my friends!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Havre St. Pierre, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Well... We were booked again at the infamous HI by Air Canada Vacations since we had a forced overnight following a schedule change.
We were picked up by the shuttle by a nice driver, then we were "greeted" by the manager on duty, his name is Natale, or something like that. You could really see that working on the night of the 24th of December did not make him happy. Anyway, we went to our room, a long way from the lobby. There we had two double beds, two queens would have been nice, especially that HI charged a 240$ fee from ACV 4 months ahead for that room. Stains on the carpet made us walk with our shoes. There were white stains on the wall near the sink, ewww.
The two men at the front desk on the 25 th in the morning were really profesionnal and helpful. I was hoping that the manager wasn't there.
We had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant and we had a great waiter, and food was good. The driver on the shuttle on our way back to the airport was also very helpful.
It's a shame that the only person that did not give a good customer service was in fact the manager. I will put a 3 round for service bcause of him, otherwise it would have been a 5.
I would never pay to stay there, and certainly not 240$!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear chaton2411,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We booked the Holiday Inn following our flight from Heathrow as we wanted something near the Airport, easy to get to and we know HI standard.
This hotel staff were courteous, mde us feel welcome. Room was clean, well equipped and comfortable.
Had breakfast (chargeable) in the hotyel restuarant, using the lovely covered terraced area by the pool which was lovely.
I would have been happy to stay here longer, but as an ovenright we found it an excellent choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Grimsby,Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I checked in on Monday evening,the front desk staff was very accomadating in giving me a room in the area of the hotel I was looking for,it was all downhill from there. I went to my room and about an hour later I heard someone at my door,then the person was in my room. As soon as I said something he replied then disappeared. On Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday evenings my keys would let me into the hotel but not into my room. I had to walk to the front desk each evening and on Thursday I stopped a staff member who was good enough to get a maintenance man to let me in. The front desk staff came to my room a few minutes after I called with new keys and the offer of a free drink. It occured to me later that at no point when I asked for new keys or was let into the room did anyone verify my identity or confirm that the room was mine.This is a little frightening, it tells me that security is very lax and that me or my stuff may not be safe in this hotel since keys are issued without any verification. I would not recommend this hotel just for this reason.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear WernerU,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We value all guest feedback as they help us identify areas that we have excelled in and areas that leave room for improvement. I am delighted you found our front desk staff commendable. I have passed on and wish to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the level of service delivered. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you experienced with your room key. I have this shared with our maintenance team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was so stressed out by my flight that I wanted to just go to sleep. When I arrived, I was greeted by friendly faces and a wonderful atmosphere! The staff made me feel at home and the room was lovely. This was my first visit but it will not be my last! I plan on making this a regular stop in my travels!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you Gin S for your excellent review.
It is evident that you had a very satisfactory stay with us.
We are really happy to hear that our hotel will be a regular stop in your travel.
We hope to welcome you back soon at the Holiday Inn Montreal Airport,
have a great day.

The Management

Been to Holiday Inn Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!