“Delicious Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mirchi

Mirchi
365 Place D'Youville, Montreal, Quebec QC H2Y, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))
(514) 282-0123
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal
“Delicious Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Them food is terrific and the prices are good. The employees are for the most part very friendly and provide great service. One employee in particular who pulled up in a dark BMW who I assume is the owner or the owner's son has never been pleasant on any of the occasions that I have eaten at the restaurant. Does not smile, rudely places the food on the table etc. and never makes eye contact with guests in the restaurant. The employees however make up for this and if you can ignore this, the food and value are some of the best in Old Montreal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Tasty food, nice ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a delicious lamb curry on a quiet Sunday evening;the vegetable pakora made a very nice appetizer as well. I ate on the main floor and there is a basement level as well. The restaurant is nicely decorated and Indian music plays in the background. Located not far from Notre Dame basilica and close to the walking/biking trail along the old wharfs. If you like Indian food as I do, this is a good choice.

Montreal, Canada
“great food at very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We shared the 7$ mixed appetizer plate, so good! Plus we had chicken biryani and lamb korma, it was excellent. We can't wait to go back. Service is very nice too.

• Visited May 2012
Heidelberg, Germany
“Great food and an excellent deal for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went to this restaurant with four colleagues and my boss. The restaurant had been my idea and although it was an informal lunch, I was a bit nervous.
Mirchi was one of my favorite restaurants when it opened, but I had not been there in a long time.
Mirchi offers several dishes as a table d'hote for around $20: you have a choice of appetizer (salad, mulligatawny soup or onions bhajee), a choice of main dish (as far as I remember there was one vegetarian dish, the tandoori chicken, chicken korma, a dish with shrimps and spinach, a lamb curry, and a fish curry. The main dish comes with your choice of naan or rice. For dessert there was rice pudding or those round balls soaked in a sweet liquid (I don't remember the proper names and do not want to give a false impression). There is also tea or coffee.
We had salad and the onions bhajee, three of us ordered the lamb curry, one the chicken korma, one the fish curry (which turned out to be salmon). One of my colleagues ordered a dish with cheese that was on the regular menu.
We automatically got papadums to share as appetizers as well, and with the main dishes came a complementary vegetable curry for us to share as well. I had forgotten that this had always been the case and thought it was a nice touch.
Although I am not a big fan of lamb, I had risked it and was very satisfied with my choice. Everybody was very happy with their food. My boss congratulated us to our choice of restaurant and said she would definitely come back.
Portions were more than sufficient, and we were not able to finish everything.
Regarding the colleague who had ordered the regular dish: the restaurant arranged it so that even he got the table d'hote.
The service was a bit slow. In the beginning we also had to ask several times for water. Had the service just been a bit better, I would have happily given 5 points.

• Visited February 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Really Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

A very nice dining experience in the Old Port. The interior is small, but nicely decorated, and very comfortable. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. There is also a nice offering of some Indian beers. Wait staff was very friendly and welcoming. I will go back for sure!

• Visited November 2011