“Great (but tiny) serving of ice cream” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Muki

Muki
187 Place d'Youville, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2B2, Canada (Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal))
+1 514-419-6799
Improve this listing
Ranked #174 of 4,678 Restaurants in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: MUKI is located at 187 Place d'Youville corner St-Francois Xavier across from the Pointe-a-Cailliere archeological museum.
Hudson, Ohio
“Great (but tiny) serving of ice cream”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The ice cream was very good, we had pistachio and lemon, but the servings were really small for the price. I think there are probably better places around the neighborhood to go to.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Great ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

IN a little shop in the quiet part of old Montreal. I had hazelnut ice gelato and my wife had lemon. Both had wonderful flavor. Served in a tasty home made small cone.

Visited August 2012
Santiago, Chile
“Best Latte/Cappuccino in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I stumbled on Muki in old Montreal after riding the bixi bikes all day. We needed a pick me up, and the outdoor sign said Icecream Cafe, which was exactly what we were looking for. The owner is very sweet and helpful, with a genuine love for icecream & coffee. We got a latte and a cappuccino, and the latte was so beautiful I had to take a photo! Montreal is very european with its cafes but I had been disappointing in the quality of the latte I had previously - this was the best coffee item I had in Montreal, I even thought of returning the next morning. They hand-make the waffle cones which I have never seen before. Simple & sweet, I totally recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“One of the top ice cream experiences in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Located a small distance from the main parts of old Montreal, muki is definitely worth the trip.
Starting from the service, which has been a problem in other ice cream shops in Montreal, this location stands above all others. They are glad to have you sample the flavors they have that day without hesitation.

Perhaps this makes it even more difficult to choose, since all flavors are great. Ii ended up choosing the hazelnut and the espresso flavors, which I really recommend. The combination worked as well!

Muki even makes their own waffle cones. Although I didn't have mine in one, I definitely will try next time, since those are made fresh on the spot.
For $5, it's hard to beat this dessert experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Fantastic Ice-cream and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Ideally located in Old Montreal. 10 flavors or so. The hazelnut is to die for, as good as in the heart of Rome. Very friendly service,. Their waffle cone are made to order in front of you and sometimes you have to wait for them And they are worth the wait

Visited July 2012