“I was told to go to Starbucks” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #621 of 4,562 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Healthy
Montreal, Canada
“I was told to go to Starbucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I’m a writer and like to linger in coffee shops with my laptop, taking in the aroma of espresso while trying to find my inspiration. When I found Café Plume, I thought I had found a gem – great food and ambiance. Unfortunately I was tactlessly told today that if I wanted to linger, I would need to do that over more than a coffee and croissant (my purchase last week). It was also suggested that if I wanted to go somewhere to “work” I ought to go to Starbucks. Today I made a point to buy more food to “validate” my stay but I felt watched, so I made a point to display my empty salad bowl and pastry bag. Hardly an atmosphere for inspiration so I think I will just take the suggestion I was given and go to Starbucks from now.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Guildford
“Wonderful Neighbourhood Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Café Plume is another of the new crop of places which have bloomed in Montréal in the last 18 months or so. It was recommended to me by Marie-Ève of the Pikolo Espresso Bar and is best described as a neighbour café. Located on the eastern edge of the plateau area of Montréal, opposite Parc Jeanne-Mance, it’s a laid-back, relaxed and friendly place with coffee that’s every bit as good as its setting. Throw in a generous provision of power outlets and free wifi and you have the sort of place that makes you want to move in next door (or, in the case of Café Plume, move into one of the flats above the shop). Or maybe just move into Plume itself!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calvi, France
“Nice coffe, nice place, and great music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

On a rainy day, I went into La Plume : very nice coffees, Kusmi teas, comfy seats and great music (which is very important I think). I started with a Cortadito, really tasty. So enjoyable to seat there, with your coffee, your book... And moreover, on Mont Royal Street, near the park ! Excellent !

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“great coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

perfect place to stop in for coffee after a run up Mt-Royal. Friendly staff, delicious coffee, and great sandwiches. Finally, good coffee in the neighbourhood!

Visited May 2013
Montreal
“I'm calling: best coffee in Montreal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm posting this from the cafe now (which has since shortened its name to the more comprehensible Cafe Plume).

IMO their Verve coffee really is the best in Montreal. It's the Santa Cruz, and comes in variety of tastes. Other "progessive" coffees are too uniformly acidic and lemony, imo. Verve is just right, and as far as I know, no other places serves it here.

Their baked goods and such are also the best. Great location, wifi. Nice atmopshere. Bright and sunny, facing Jeanne Mance Park.

• Visited January 2013