“Best restaurant in Montreal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Filet

Le Filet
219 Avenue du Mont-Royal Ouest, Montreal, Quebec QC H2T 2Y6, Canada (Parc du Mont-Royal)
+1(514) 360 6060
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Filet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 4,416 Restaurants in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Parc du Mont-Royal
Cross street: Esplanade
Transit: Bus: 80, stop corner Mt-Royal and Parc avenue. Bus: 97, stop corner Mt-Royal and Esplanade. Metro: Mt-Royal + bus 97 toward the west. BIXI station
Description: In a sparkling universe entirely dedicated, in sense and spirit, to the oceans and their treasures, we invite you to indulge with us in some moments of joy. Dans un univers chatoyant, dedie, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, a la mer et a ses condiments, nous vous convions a vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Montreal, Canada
“Best restaurant in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've been to Le Filet twice and each experience has been excellent. The service is very attentive and impeccable. I love the concept of the little dishes. I would suggest the oysters, but not the ones that are baked because you can't taste the oysters. I prefer to have oysters with a simple flavour so you can taste the sea. My only complaint would be too much truffle oil on the carpaccio. And the crab risotto was not so great. But otherwise, everything I've eaten here is prepared perfectly. we had a chablis suggested by the waiter and it was a perfect match to the seafood dinner. I'm not sure who designed the restaurant, but we noticed no music noise and in a weird way felt that we almost eating at home and being served by professional waiters. it's an intimate experience and worth the treat!

• Visited December 2012

Montreal, Quebec
“You will be impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

As a restaurateur, when you have high standards, you offer something special. Le Filet is one such place. Every course is just as amazing as you expect. Despite there being a full house, service was swift and not rushed. Our waiter was very attentive. It's pricey, but quality like this and fresh fish, well....

Wine list is interesting. Try the Eric for dessert.

Going back for sure and would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited March 2013
Montreal
“Very good but for the price should have been perfect...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have wanted to try this restaurant since it opened and finally had the chance a few weeks ago. The food was very good but the experience as a whole was somewhat disappointing...particularly from a quality versus price perspective. While the service was very friendly, it was a little off on the night we went. In addition to a 15 minute wait to be seated, we had to wait an additional 5-10 minutes to see a menu as they were all taken by other tables. Once we placed our order, our entrees arrived well before our wine. Also, it is a "tapas" style restaurant, where each plate is treated as a course and served one at a time which is lovely as you get to leisurely enjoy your meal (there is about 15-20 minutes between each plate), however, I am not sure if they had forgotten us but we waited for about 40 minutes between our 3rd and 4th plates. The menu looked fantastic and the food was very fresh with a lot of very interesting ingredients and flavors, however, I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of creativity and blend in each of the dishes. As I have indicated in my other local restaurant reviews, Montreal has a GREAT food scene, and for a $250+ meal for 2, one would expect perfection.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“AMAZING FOOD, GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had a great evening at Le Filet this week with 8 other ladies of a certain age. The waiter selected our menu for us and we were not disapointed. Each dish was amazing. I could not say which one was the best - they were all great. The service was great - we all felt really welcome and taken care of.

• Visited February 2013
Montreal
“Yessss...finally another well worth resto!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have been fine dining in Mtl for a long time but have been quite dissapointed in the past couple of years! This resto is one of our rare exceptions!
First off the service was excellent and non pretentious! The atmosphere is wonderful and the tapas style worked out well although i could definitely return and have full dishes on my own!
First off, the food although mainly french seafood has been fused with other cuisines which awakened my very bored palette! My favorite was the shrimp soup and crab risotto as well as the skate dish! Being pregnant, I could not have anything raw (which is big part of menu) but my entire party loved all that was served including the hamashi!
Second, I must applaud the chef for not comitting one of the most common culinary sins..oversalting!!!!! The seasoning was perfection and I did not wake up thirsty in the middle of the night as is the case with most restos we visit! The maple desert was also sublime and I also looooved the fact that no bread was served, stuffing me unecessarily!!!!
The price is expensive as are all the restos we've visited in past couple of years but although same quality as Maison Boulud price much lower!
Sooo a definite return here for us although im not sharing my food this time!

• Visited February 2013