“spacious room but a little noisy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Paris

You added Hotel de Paris to your Saves list
Hotel de Paris
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 rue Sherbrooke East, Montreal, Quebec H2L 1L3, Canada   |
Ranked #77 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“spacious room but a little noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked this hotel for one of my friends who were visiting me in Montreal.
It was a nice corner room and had a lot of space.
She stayed at a building across from where the front desk was located but in the main building, there was a nice Thai restaurant where you can get pretty good food.

The only thing was that it was facing one of the busiest street called sherbrooke street and was a little noisy. The internet wasnt all that great either.

Room Tip: maybe you want the room that is not facing sherbrooke street...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel has a great location close to the Montreal downtown.
It is really close to Saint-Denis street which holds a good number of pubs and places to eat.
The hotel is clean and overall confortable.
On the down side the bathroom is a bit small and the price could be better. Although honestly it ain't expensive when you compare with other hotels in downtown Montreal.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in this hostel in January/ February 2014 for 3 weeks while looking for a job in Montreal and for a stable, private accommodation, and we were satisfied, but I heard that it got even better since then.
I liked the atmosphere, the living room, the free coffee that we got every morning. It is also in a very convenient location. It was very clean and I felt home. The staff was very friendly and kind. It seems that the hostel was renewed this year, that it looks even nicer, and that they offer more things now. I would really recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

We stayed here August 2014 for Osheaga.

I'm not a snooty traveler; in general, as long as there's somewhere for me to bathe, sleep, and put my clothes away, then I'll be happy (especially when I'm at a music festival).

At Hotel de Paris, you get all of that... as long as you plummet your expectations.

Highlights include:

- Non-existent water pressure (hour-long showers are fun!)
- Sleeping on the ground for 4 nights (the bed was so lop-sided and uncomfortable on the frame that we literally moved the mattress to the floor and slept there. Sadly, this actually improved sleep quality. LOLz)
- Strewing our clothes on the floor (because there's only one hanger in the closet and one tiny dresser. YAY!)

Overall, I'd stay here if you're the adventurous type who likes facing adversity and problem solving. If not, this might not be the place for you.

(Two stars instead of one because the girl at the front desk was pretty nice and saved us money on parking.)

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel :)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

A friendly and helpful reception staff greeted us upon our arrival to show us to our rooms across the street at the Annex building. The rooms were well kept and ready for us ahead of schedule. It wasn't until we returned to our room that evening that we noticed we could hear our neighbours on all sides of the room. Including the hostel on the floor below us. It was as clear as though they were standing in our room with us. These neighbouring patrons of the hotel were not screaming or partying, but talking to each other in civil tones. We inquired into being moved to a more secluded room in attempt to stem the disturbances, but were dismissed immediately with no solution to our dilemma. It is understandable, considering the fix is a renovation and sound insulation.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Cool looking hotel, but not the Bed and Breakfast I was looking for. LOTS of steep stairs to the front door... difficult if you are hauling up luggage. Front desk person was sort-of friendly, but not overly helpful. I had one of the "Superior" rooms... thankfully didn't book a "Budget" room (no telling what that would be...). I have no issue with the size, I knew it would be small, but it was only me, so that was alright. It was very clean. New flat screen TV on the wall. The bath was tiny, but had new tile, shower, sink and good linens... okay except there is NO place to put even a toothbrush. The "classic wood furniture" they describe on their website looks like it came out of a Motel 6. This room should not have a bed with a foot-board - no room! But the absolute worse thing WAS the bed. It was so uncomfortable. Old and creaky. The new sheets didn't help. IF they spent a few more dollars on a good mattress, box springs head-board and nightstand, my rating would go up. Oh, the "on-site restaurant" is a Thai Restaurant at the bottom of the stairs - Tiny, with not much seating... but the server was friendly, even if he barely spoke a word of English. Thought it was odd to have a "Thai" restaurant with a "French" hotel...The breakfast was okay.. just coffee, juice & a bagel or croissant. Sorry, but after a crappy night of no sleep on a hard, uncomfortable bed - just didn't do much. I felt it was too much money for this room. If the bed had been new & comfortable it would have been a decent stay.

Room Tip: Ask if they have new beds!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Treviso, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel. The best thing when arrive in a place you do not know at all 8.000 km from home is to find a kind person that welcomes you and makes you feel at home. The presons at the reception re very nice, very kind, very helpful. Everything was smooth, the only thing that you have to consider if you choose this hotel is that it does not have an elevator, so if you are not able to climb the stairs this could be a problem. The day of my depart when I asked to keep my luggage in the baggage room as I had my flight late in the afternoon, the gentleman at the reception offered me to keep the room instead, and even if I arrived 30 minutes later on the aranged time and the lady had to wait for me to set the room, they have been very nice and di not complain. I do hope to come back to Montréal and if I do I stay for sure in this hotel again.

Room Tip: piani bassi per chi ha problemi a salire le scale
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel de Paris? Share your experiences!