“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal

You added Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal to your Saves list
Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   445 rue Saint-Jean-Baptiste, Montreal, Quebec H2Y2Z7, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #43 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Stayed in Mariott SpringHills Suites on 21/09/2010. The service was excellent. We checked in at 8 in the morning, and the room was ready for us (it was so great as we had the overnight drive from Toronto). The location is perfect, walking ditance to NotreDame, St Paul, and a lot of tourist attractions. a lot of restaurants are closed by.
The room itself is spacious, with 2 full bed, separate working desk, and equipped with microwave, and fridge. and free internet connections on the room (Not all the hotels do this)
The parking is not including in the room rate, but they are so helpful, they will bring up your car in few minutes, and if you ask about the way or any tourist attractions, they are so keen to help.
Breakfast was good and fresh, with a lot of choices for fussy eaters.
Overall, this is an excellent hotel and very reccomended.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Marriott. As everyone says, the location is excellent and the staff frirendly. A little tip: if you have contact with the 1-800 number, they will contact the hotel with the general feedback but if you have very specific needs, contact the hotel directly. Given that, the hotel was extremely accomodating and we ended up being upgraded to a huge suite with windows that opened, a separate living room and patio. It was just great. We found it quiet and relaxing. Got a really good sleep. Nice to have the fridge (we like to buy milk for our coffee rather than dairy substitute) and they have a little area by the reception you can buy a few items. Due to over-walking, I could hardly move when I got back to the hotel. I had a fabulous massage that worked miracles. I would stay there again, especially in that wonderful room we had.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
toronto, ont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Nice hotel close to Chinatown and eastern part of Downtown. Swimming pool was a little bit of a disappointment (very small) but at least my 6 year old enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband, 2 children (8 and 11) and I stayed here for 3 days at the end of August. We booked a bit late and could not get a room at one of the older known hotels (Les Armes or Auberge de Ville). In hindsight, it couldn't have worked out better. The Marriott was perfectly situated in Old Montreal in the middle of everywhere we wanted to go. I would definitely book here next time, and I hope there will be a next time. We loved Montreal.

We got a room with 2 full beds and a sofa. It was going to be a little tight for the 4 of us....until I realized the sofa pulled out into a bed. What joy! Basically 3 beds between the 4 of us. That extra space of having a sofa was great for the kids to hang out on at night and watch TV while my husband and I read over in the other area of the room. There was a very large desk where we parked our laptop and maps, etc. The room also had a nice size fridge, sink and microwave. The bathroom was fine, with a sink and mirror outside of the door, which always works out well so more than 1 person can get ready at a time.

Breakfast was included and was very good. Everything from fresh waffles to cereal to muffins to eggs, etc. They would leave styrofoam cups and containers so that guests could take breakfast back to their rooms. It was a great way to start each day before heading out. Breakfast was served until 10, which worked out well for my travel-weary family.

The staff was very friendly and spoke English. Parking is right at the hotel. My husband pulled in to drop us off so we could check in, and then he parked the car. We didn't need it again until we left, and then we called the front desk and they had it ready for us in 5 minutes.

I rarely give a hotel 5 stars, but I thought it was as good as it gets for what I paid ( I got a great deal on a last minute travel website).

My only complaint was that there were no dark drapes on the windows. Only sheer curtains. It was really odd. Not only was it somewhat bright in the room when you went to sleep, but there was an office building very close and facing my room, so we had to get changed in the bathroom. Just a heads up. You may want to bring one of those sleep masks in case the room isn't dark enough for you. I don't know if this is the case with all the rooms, but it was with ours.

Also, no bed bugs to our knowledge, and I had my husband do a good check of everything before we settled in.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New York, N.Y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

We are a family of five - two adults, a four year old and two children under two. We stayed in the Marriott Springhill Suites in mid-August in one of the larger suite, 2 double and sofa bed. We had a terrific stay from beginning to end. We arrived very early (before noon) and our room was ready - an excellent start to the trip. Unloading the minivan, I managed to misplace a shoe belonging to one of our toddlers and the garage attendant spotted my husband later that day and offered the shoe that he had found under the van! We requested a pack and play for the youngest and was delighted to find that this hotel had a removable (i.e. could be cleaned and sterilized) wrap for the P&P that covered the whole thing! I am a nut and carried my own crib sheets but was delighted that my son was not peering through unclean netting. The Hotel is in the heart of Old Montreal, just a short stroll to the piers. We walked all over the place and found it all very doable. Montreal is a beautiful, clean and friendly city and we loved it and would recommend it to one and all. Two things I would note for our return trip to the hotel are to avoid the backroom for breakfast (it is a lonely conference room, meant for a spillover crowd from the ample breakfast and a bother to get to, especially with children); and there are meant to be two TVs in the larger suites. We only had one TV and a second would have been helpful for both adults and kids during wind down time in the evenings. Thanks to Trip Advisor for the area experts who were invaluable in our planning and made our trip even more of a success.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed here for two nights for a business meeting. The hotel is in a great location in Old Montreal, just steps to the main tourist street (St Paul). The room I stayed in was not a suite per say but a large room with 2 queen beds. The bed was comfortable, got to sleep relatively easily despite a 3 hour time change for me. Went for a run the first morning and then used the exercise equipment. The exercise room is small (two treadmills, one elliptical and a bench with some dumbbells), but the equipment was newer and in good working order. I enjoyed the breakfasts that they provided.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Bordeaux, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Thoroughly enjoyed our two single night stays in this hotel - location perfect close to Old Town Montreal, service, facilities, room with kitchen facilities etc etc all excellent..

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal? Share your experiences!