My service experience at this hotel on April 3-4, 2014 was the absolute worst service I have ever experienced during any hotel stay. I travel frequently on business and personal travel and often stay at Marriott Hotels. However, I will never stay at a Marriott again. The problems began from the moment I arrived and have lingered since well after I left. I asked for a quiet room and, instead, was placed across from the laundry room. When I complained about it, I was told that I was wrong. Only after I insisted, was I moved to an actual quiet room. Later, when I had to leave suddenly due to a medical emergency (which the staff knew that I was dealing with the entire time), they charged me a day rate. I have never had to pay a day rate at a Marriott hotel when I had to leave early even when it was after the usual check out time (in the past I have left early due to my work suddenly ending sooner than expected or, sadly, one other time due to a family emergency). Then, when I made some collect calls from the hotel room (with the expectation that they would not be charged to my room, per the information in the hotel's binder) in exact accordance with the instructions they provided in the hotel manual, they charged me instead for long distance calls. The absolute worst part about all of this was that when I complained about it, they treated me as if I was lying and as if they did me all kids of favors while I was there. They acted as if the room that I paid for was an upgrade, when in fact the type of room that I had is exactly what I paid for and nothing more. Then, they acted as if they were doing me a favor since they moved me to a new room (after I complained about being put it in the wrong time of room in the first place). They were not upgrading me...they were correcting a mistake that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Then, they accused me of calling numbers that do not accept collect calls. I know with absolute certainty that I only made phone calls to collect call numbers on the hotel room phone. I made numerous other long distance calls on my cell phone addressing the medical emergency. I know the difference and am not lying about that. Each time I have complained, their response is that they "went above and beyond" and I should just be so happy with their customer service and should have no complaints. I am way too busy to have spent all the time that I have trying to make things right. I would never be complaining if they had treated me fairly and more importantly hadn't called me a liar. Accept some responsibility for how you treat your customers and the manner in which you address complaints. If you call this "above and beyond" service, then you have a lot to learn. I am shocked by the number of positive reviews for this hotel. They are obviously posted by people who have not experienced true customer service. Sadly, when I am able to return to Montreal one day, I will not be staying here. That is a shame because the location really is superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal. Warm and welcoming hospitality in the heart of charming and historic Old Montreal. All the feature comforts of a large international hotel chain for your short or long stay. At mealtime, experience the enchanting Auberge Le Saint Gabriel restaurant, one of the oldest inns in North America, affiliated with the hotel to better serve you.Offering state-of-the-art business services for your conferences, training or motivational seminars, the Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal is also the ideal place for a magical stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo and BookIt.com so you can book your Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Springhill Suites Old Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Springhill Suites Montreal
- Montreal Springhill Suites