We were going to be in Montreal for the Jazz Festival and decided to stay in Old Port instead of closer to the Festival. The Springhill Suites was ideally tucked away on a side street around the corner from the action on St. Paul Street. The music venues were an easy 15 minute walk away.
Check in was a breeze and the room was spacious and spotless. There was no view, other than the building across the way, but it was fine since we were rarely in our room and we did not hear a peep from the activity close by on St. Paul.
My only complaint, and it is minor, is that the breakfast area was very crowded and stuffy. It was a hot, busy weekend and that probably didn't help. One morning we walked up to Rue Notre Dame and had breakfast at Eggspecation, which was great. The variety of places to eat right around the corner was astounding and Jacques Cartier Place was a block away. Friday night was a fireworks display and the viewing areas were close by as well.
Parking was about $20 a day, but that is to be expected in a city. We did not take our car out at all, everything was that convenient.
Breakfast included, location, price ($227 CAD per night) and size of the room, this was an ideal choice for our 3 night mini vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal. Warm and welcoming hospitality in the heart of charming and historic Old Montreal. All the feature comforts of a large international hotel chain for your short or long stay. At mealtime, experience the enchanting Auberge Le Saint Gabriel restaurant, one of the oldest inns in North America, affiliated with the hotel to better serve you.Offering state-of-the-art business services for your conferences, training or motivational seminars, the Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal is also the ideal place for a magical stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Marriott, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marriott SpringHill Suites Old Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Springhill Suites Old Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Springhill Suites Montreal
- Montreal Springhill Suites