This hotel is in a perfect location for a weekend stay in Vieux-Montreal. Nestled between the back of Notre Dame Cathedral and Rue St. Paul on quiet and narrow cobble stoned Rue St. Sulpice, both the waterfront and the hustle-bustle pedestrian section of St. Paul are only short two block walk. Restaurant options nearby are abundant as is shopping from tourist souvenirs to designer fashion. Also within walking distance are Place Jacques Cartier, Montreal Science Center and Vieux-Port. Metro (public transport) is reached by a 5 minute walk to the Place d’Armes sub-way station, passing the cathedral and square on the way. Airport transportation by taxi is at a set fare of $40. Airport bus stop is at approx. 10-15 minute very un-scenic walk - costs $8 (payable only in coin or by metro pass).
I stayed in #122 of this all-suite property. The room has high ceilings and walk-out doors to a small semi private terrace with table and chairs adjacent to the courtyard restaurant. It has a spacious bathroom, a bedroom with access from the foyer/hall area and opening doors to the sitting room and a well equipped kitchenette including a coffee/espresso maker, a moderate size refrigerator, electric cooking plate with 2 burners, microwave, ample pots, dishes and utensils. Quality well appointed furniture is placed throughout and tasteful artwork adorns the walls. Hardwood casings around door frames and textured tile in the bathroom exemplify the attention to detail given to the interior design. The suite was clean and in excellent condition.
The staff was very attentive and polite (they are Canadian after all), however, the concierge did provide incorrect/incomplete information regarding event times and cover charges.
We purchased a 3-day metro pass at the airport for $18 which allowed us to take the airport bus to the Vieux-Montreal area and gave us unlimited access to subway and bus travel for the period of 3 calendar days, we took a taxi on the way back to the airport. Montreal’s subway trains and stations as well as their busses are clean, safe and easy to navigate.
A budget minded alternate hotel to St. Sulpice’s location is the Holiday Inn Select on Viger. This hotel is practically at the Place d’Armes Metro station but twice the distance from Vieux-Port.
- Also Known As:
- Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel
- Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel Montreal
- Le Saint Sulpice
- Le Saint Sulpice Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located, Le Saint Sulpice Hôtel Montréal offers a great and unique experience in the heart of the Old Montreal.This 4 star-4 diamond boutique hotel, features 108 suites with authentic charm and cachet.With minimum 550 sq. ft., our suites present much more like chic condo apartments than mere hotel rooms. The warm, enveloping design, all the details and thoughtful touches coax you to stay just a bit longer, before the start to the day’s excursions. Many Suites have a balcony or fireplace, respectively gorgeous in summer and cozy in winter.High standard quality services, warm and attentive staff of the Saint Sulpice Hotel.. for a memorable stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Olotels, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Le Saint-Sulpice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.