I stayed here fro three nights due to meetings being held in the building right next door. I arrived from Europe in the early evening and went directly to check-in. The young lady behind the desk was very welcoming and friendly and I was checked in within minutes. I headed up to my room (13th floor) and was pleasantly surprised considering my low room rate. The room was relatively sizable with two double beds. All appeared very clean. The television seemed a little old, as did the furniture, but all worked just fine.
I headed to the bathroom to take a shower after my long trip and can confrim that the water does take a good 5 minutes to warm up - though this was only a problem in the evening. In the morning, hot water was available very quickly. The bathroom was very clean and kept that way throughout my stay, so no complaints with housekeeping. The toilet seat looked like it had come away from its mountings at some point and had been glued back in place (but so what? It was all clean!)
My first night I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant with my colleague. Servie was friendly but rather on the slow side - it took 45 minutes to a get a burger, though it just meant I drank more beer... I took breakfast in the hotel twice and found service friendly and attentive with a good choice of breakfast items on the buffet. Quality seemed absolutely fine. The only minor gripe was that my colleagues - both on the same room rate as me and booked through the same travel agency at the same time - were given a breakfast voucher on check-in, whereas I was not, so had to pay 25 CAD for my breakfasts.
I asked for a late check-out, being repared to pay the rate to keep the room until 6pm due to a flight out of YUL at about 8pm, which was granted. But I was little annoyed to be bugged twice by Housekeeping about when I was going to be leaving whilst I was working and packing my things. Apparently they had noted that I would be leaving at 2pm, not 6pm. The same young lady checked me out as checked me in and once again, she was extremely plesant and professional, able to answer my query about the cost of a cab to the airport. I should have noted her name - but she's a credit to the Delta Centre Ville.
All told, a good stay, slept well, clean and friendly place with just a few little niggles to iron out, else the place would have got 5 stars from me.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Centre-Ville Hotel Montreal
- Delta Centre-Ville Hotel
- Delta Centre Ville
- Delta Montreal
- Montreal Delta
- Delta Centre Ville Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delta Centre-Ville is located in the heart of downtown, where Old Montreal and new Montreal blend seamlessly. It is adjacent to vibrant nightlife, boutique shops and eclectic cuisine. With indoor access to Montreal's subway, the Metro, guests can easily access any corner of the city. Whether you're on a romantic getaway, visiting with friends or in town for business, this Montreal hotel is the perfect home base. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Delta Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.