We stayed one night at the Delta Centre Ville for an event that was nearby. The location was perfect, as we came in from Toronto on the train, and the event was within walking distance. This hotel has good bones: spacious room, very comfortable bed, a good gym with a nice, if small, pool (we didn't have time to use it, but did check it out and liked what we saw. I would highly recommend getting a massage from one of the massage therapists at the spa, which is right next to the gym. The prices are reasonable and they are experienced massage therapists (and yes, they give receipts) - even just a half hour was a great pick-me-up after a few hours on the train. There were a couple of things, though, that we found disappointing:
- No wifi in the rooms. This is kind of remarkable in 2012, and quite an inconvenience, especially given that this is a hotel that is positioned to cater to the business community. No excuse for this, really.
- About 1/3 of the outlets in our room didn't work. It was a challenge to find plugs that would actually charge our devices.
- The bathroom, though quite spacious, had no hooks or towel bars. This meant that there was nowhere to put a towel, robe, or clothes for after a shower except on the floor.
- While the bed was comfortable, all the feathers of the down duvet were at one end of the comforter. We tried to fluff and redistribute the down, as it was chilly enough to need it, but this proved too frustrating right before bed at the end of a long night. We ended up getting the extra blanket out of the closet.
- The hot water faucet in the bathroom sink had a pretty significant leak. They sent someone to fix it, but then the tap started leaking.
All of these things are relatively minor and very fixable; it's just a case of them all adding up to make what could be a great hotel stay merely mediocre. I do hope these issues are addressed, as we would happily stay here again if they are.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
December 13, 2012
Dear Reviewer paulajean68,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for staying with us and providing a review of your recent visit. We try to read all of our guest reviews and look forward to your feedback, whether positive or constructive.
I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay, and that our accommodations were not satisfactory. I assure you that with our upcoming renovations we will address the issues you have mentioned. We have 170 brand new Mode category rooms which have been completely refurbished including new bathroom vanities and fixtures. In addition we are presently conducting preventative maintenance programs in which any issues in the rooms are being looked at and fix.
Exciting news regarding Wi-Fi! The installation of wireless high speed internet is presently taking place! Soon the entire building, including all of our guest rooms will have full connectivity and our guests will benefit from the fastest hotel internet system in the country.
Again, I am sorry that your stay was not satisfactory and can only hope you will eventually return to see us again the near future and have a more pleasureable experience.
Front Office Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.