“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les 400 Coups

Les 400 Coups
400 Notre Dame Est, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1C8, Canada (Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal))
514-985-0400
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Les 400 Coups is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 4,416 Restaurants in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Transit: Nearest Metro: Champ de Mars
New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just happened to get an early reservation on Saturday night. One of the best meals we've ever had. I had the suckling pig and my wife had mackerel.Service was extraordinary. We were totally satisfied.

• Visited November 2013

Jupiter, Florida
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went here during the Mtl A Table and had their set menu. My husband had fallen sick so I went on my own and everyone made me feel at ease and no difference was made in where I was seated or how I was served. The food was excellent and somehow I especially remember the intense flavor of the melon sorbet, just wonderful. I had the mackerel which was unfortunately served slightly overcooked (to my taste) but when I mentioned this, what I had left on the plate was taken back to the kitchen and apparently taken note of. They then offered both choices of dessert as an apology, Nice touch.
I had asked for a glass of a wine they had on their wine list but it was no longer available so was offered to taste a couple of other wines and the one I preferred was charged at the same price as the one I had initially asked for. Nice touch again.
A really nice atmosphere and interior, this was a good meal and I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eastman, Canada
“Extraordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went there before, loved it, I went there with one my son, who loves good food, and, when my sweetheart landed from Lyon,the french mecca of good food, I took her there again, and then to "L'auberge de la Place Royale, which I also reviewed, the combination of restaurant and hotel being super in the old section of Montreal.
And what a meal!!!
Raviolis stuffed with a mix of beef and vegetables out of this world ! Raw beef you would not recognize any more as raw beef ! Oysters with leeks and unrecognizable sauces, beautifully put together ! So delightful !!! And duck with blueberries, cooked at perfection !
The staff was kind and not just polite, but well grown. The next day, he recognized my mate when she wanted to enquire about lunches.
And with this…Who ever could find a "Gros Plan du pays Nantais", one of my favourite…and cheapest wine. Of course…, a private importation.
As they say, outstanding…fantastic… reproducible…What happened on his day to whoever was disappointed there…?
Can't wait to go back...

• Visited October 2013
Montreal
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Visited Les 400 Coups for the second time tonight. What a disappointment. Where the first visit was outstanding, this one was a let down. The tasting menu was good but nothing more than that. We found none of the innovative creations that charmed us on the first visit. What we had in our plates was what several other tables in Montréal serve. More importantly, the portions were ridiculously small. We understand the restaurant now has a new chef. It shows. Les 400 Coups is just another restaurant, not one of the leading Montreal tables it was upon opening. Sad!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Really fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Everything was very delicious. The waitstaff was very helpful. It would be a perfect date spot for locals.

• Visited September 2013